paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious….what are you specifically testing for?
You are measuring PPM of what?
Total Suspended Solids?
Almost certainly total dissolved solids, since that is the cheapest and easiest to measure. Now is the TDS meter calibrated.....
Sponsored

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
mine gets rained on regularly...

As to the issue, it might just be from the hoses. You aren't making pharmaceuticals, it'll be fine.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Hose water?
:unsure:
I wondering what the OP does after it rains.

Years ago I knew someone that made a point of washing his car in the rain to save water. He would put on his swimming suit, make up bucket of soapy water, and go wash it by hand in his driveway.

His neighbors thought that he was crazy.

If you wanted to when you are done you could then pull the Maverick in the garage and dry it off.

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't put too much into the water quality where I am, but if I truly thought I needed to filter it I would just use something like this.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Clearwa...-Protector-2-Pack-RV-Filter-RVMF291/315775676

Those high dollar filtration systems have there place, but not for water washing a $29-$35k vehicle. If you had a Porsche, or some other high end car then maybe.

I start with my foam cannon and Adam's mega foam, then a 2 bucket wash with Megiuar's Gold Class PH neutral wash soap. Rinse and followed up with Technicians Choice 582 as a drying aid.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m about to lose my fucking mind… sediment filters, carbon filters, combo of each, deionized filters……… my ppm are either higher or don’t move or less than 10 filtered… what in the absolute hell is happening. I have 6 total filter modules now that I just got 2 more in but need more fittings to connect them all together so currently only running 4. My water is 165 to 185 ppm from the tap and out of the filters it’s 165 to 200+ depending on how many combinations and days I have to keep coming back to this…. Someone please help before I have a complete mental meltdown over something so damn stupid. I got the same setup as several YouTubers so what is my smooth brain doing wrong?

12801FD8-A4B2-4CE0-857E-6C6FA27094CC.jpeg
The simple "solution" was the color selection of your Mav when ordering. Cactus Gray shows little dust or dirt. Less washing results in more free time for other jobs and less water utilized. Love my Cactus Gray!!!:love:

Sponsored

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Water filtration for washing your Maverick ?? 1684355843499

Might be easier.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't put too much into the water quality where I am, but if I truly thought I needed to filter it I would just use something like this.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Clearwa...-Protector-2-Pack-RV-Filter-RVMF291/315775676

Those high dollar filtration systems have there place, but not for water washing a $29-$35k vehicle. If you had a Porsche, or some other high end car then maybe.

I start with my foam cannon and Adam's mega foam, then a 2 bucket wash with Megiuar's Gold Class PH neutral wash soap. Rinse and followed up with Technicians Choice 582 as a drying aid.
I bought the same RV filters at WallyWorld and used them once. I’ve probably washed my truck 4 times in a year. Mother Nature washes it the rest of the time. I thank her every time and even pull my truck out of the garage for the free rinse.

Luckily the CarbGray doesn’t show much dirt. I’m hoping the Area51 behaves the same way because I have way too many other things to do than constantly wash my truck.

As one member posted last year “it’s a truck” and I always hear that in my head when I want to obsess over my truck.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unless it's "horrible" what does water matter as long as you DRY it with a clean cloth? The cloth is taking away the trace minerals. DI (De-ionized) water (aka distilled water) is great for a spot free rinse you don't dry. AFAIK

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m about to lose my fucking mind… sediment filters, carbon filters, combo of each, deionized filters……… my ppm are either higher or don’t move or less than 10 filtered… what in the absolute hell is happening. I have 6 total filter modules now that I just got 2 more in but need more fittings to connect them all together so currently only running 4. My water is 165 to 185 ppm from the tap and out of the filters it’s 165 to 200+ depending on how many combinations and days I have to keep coming back to this…. Someone please help before I have a complete mental meltdown over something so damn stupid. I got the same setup as several YouTubers so what is my smooth brain doing wrong?

12801FD8-A4B2-4CE0-857E-6C6FA27094CC.jpeg
holy schmoly, that's some real first world problems right there....

I mean I just use a high quality chamois cloth. i live in the sonoran desert where our water is liquid rock.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RatworX

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I run a 20 micron carbon into soft water, followed by a 10 micron carbon and finally a 5 micron. That is just the house feed. I have another dual filter setup at my point of use; 1 micron into a 1/2 micron. That is my "wash water." After my "wash water", I do a final rinse using reverse osmosis. I use an air gun(30PSI) and very large micro fiber cloths for drying. Always wash at first daylight to minimize heat/sun down here in Ron's Land of Freedom. Never have spots on my black cars this way. The RO final rinse is the absolute key for a spot free wash.
Yea I don’t do nothing but sleeping at the crack of dawn so that’s never gonna happen. I just don’t have a choice but wash in direct sun and it’s taking me 5 hours to wash my truck cuz I’m so particular about it and it dries so damn fast I have to use probably 80 times the water I should and obviously spending 10 times the amount of time stopping one thing to go back over another and try keeping the truck wet is impossible. From all the YouTube videos I’ve watched I have all the same gear and setup.

OP
OP

RatworX

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless it's "horrible" what does water matter as long as you DRY it with a clean cloth? The cloth is taking away the trace minerals. DI (De-ionized) water (aka distilled water) is great for a spot free rinse you don't dry. AFAIK
If it dries before you dry there is water spots even when you go back over it. Look into the light the right way and your vehicle will be covered with it. I want 0 ppm water so I don’t have to dry if I didn’t want to or at least not have to do it like I have been the last few months

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it dries before you dry there is water spots even when you go back over it. Look into the light the right way and your vehicle will be covered with it. I want 0 ppm water so I don’t have to dry if I didn’t want to or at least not have to do it like I have been the last few months
If you want low to zero ppm, you need to get a reverse osmosis stage and accept the huge rejection ratio of the waste water versus clean water. Especially with the ppm you are starting with. You won't be "spraying" it either. You will get to collect it and then figure out how to use it for rinsing.

Go for a 10 micron cheap spun fiber pre-filter then a 5 micron carbon or 5 micron additional pre-filter, then a 1 micron carbon. Then the RO stage.

OP
OP

RatworX

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What filters are you using? What are the micron size/filtering guarantees of those filters? I used to have a saltwater/reef tank, and I was getting my PPM down to zero. I was using reverse osmosis, but still know a lot about the pre-filters as well, since you need to have already mostly clean water if you want the reverse osmosis stage to work well.

I am guessing the flow rate you need to wash your truck is requiring you use filters that do not have a very small micron size......
I’m using 1 micron sediment filters and 1 micron carbon filters and nothing is happening to the water ppm. infigured That would take my ppm down to around at least 50 so when I connect the other stage it would last longer before filters need changed. The other filters are supposed to filter to 0 no matter what the ppm is but if your ppm is really high then they won’t last long. I have just received 2 more of the smartWater filters but didn’t hook those up yet. The goal setup is white SmarWater filters are for filtering before pressure washer to do all the washing and such. Then remove the pressure washer from the equation and set in max water purifier filters with the smartWater filters for rense. The white filters flow enough for pressure washer but the max purifier won’t and that’s not an issue

Ford Maverick Water filtration for washing your Maverick ?? 92881A65-BF30-427B-A9CD-0CD4D3DBD74E

OP
OP

RatworX

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Almost certainly total dissolved solids, since that is the cheapest and easiest to measure. Now is the TDS meter calibrated.....
Hell if I know it came with my zero water filter for drinking inside
Sponsored