First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing wrong with taking pride in something you own and wanting to take care of it regardless of its worth. I have been detailing cars for the large majority of my life and simply enjoy seeing and being in a clean vehicle. The end result after putting in that hard work is worth it for me!

Regardless, I've been enjoying my normal wash/detailing routine. I typically do a wash in CarPro reset, dry and detail with Adam's Graphene Detail Spray, Adam's Tire Dressing, CG Window Cleaner, and VRT/VRP on the plastic and bed cover. Takes me around 2 hours and I think the results look good! Cleaning the interior adds on a bit of time however... C'mon TuxMat, finish the hybrid liners! :)

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing wrong with taking pride in something you own and wanting to take care of it regardless of its worth. I have been detailing cars for the large majority of my life and simply enjoy seeing and being in a clean vehicle. The end result after putting in that hard work is worth it for me!

Regardless, I've been enjoying my normal wash/detailing routine. I typically do a wash in CarPro reset, dry and detail with Adam's Graphene Detail Spray, Adam's Tire Dressing, CG Window Cleaner, and VRT/VRP on the plastic and bed cover. Takes me around 2 hours and I think the results look good! Cleaning the interior adds on a bit of time however... C'mon TuxMat, finish the hybrid liners! :)
Couldn't agree more. The condition of person's vehicle is often the same as their house and standard of living. I'll tolerate a messy vehicle if the weather is the same. Once the weather clears up it's time to clean the interior and exterior to reflect how I live.

Reactions: BB0

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine gets washed when it rains except today, I broke down and drove it to the car wash!
i hope you are still enjoying your "Sharp" Lariat-catus gray sure looks great on the Lariat-awesome!

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is everyone doing in terms of cosmetic upkeep? First week I got it I did an iron remover, clay bar, wash, sealant. Then I’ve been doing wash and spray wax once a week since. Seems to be doing a pretty good job.

Trying to keep the shine of the new factory paint as long as possible and keep some UV protection with me living in Florida.

Thinking I’ll do another round of sealant around month three and try to keep up the weekly washing and spray waxing.

Also just bought a spray and rinse ceramic wax from meguiars. Going to add that in occasionally.

Anyone else have a routine going or a favorite product?
I had been using Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray wax, great shine, easy to use. But that was on my Mustang. Since I have Zurich Shield on my Maverick I don't plan on using anything.

Sponsored

olman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Area 51 Eco AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got done with my first wash and boy, is this thing an obsessive detailers dream. Just getting all the water out of the nooks and crannies was a pain in the ass.
Gonna have to invest in a powerful leaf blower.
I always use a leaf blower to get off as much water as possible. Cuts down on amount of drying work. I can dry the whole truck with a towel sized microfiber cloth.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I always use a leaf blower to get off as much water as possible. Cuts down on amount of drying work. I can dry the whole truck with a towel sized microfiber cloth.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done this. The car was in town has one bay with a blow dryer too. I rarely see people use it, maybe they are embarrassed, but it cuts the drying down to half and I can use one or two of my drying towels to make the truck look like it's been totally detailed when it's really only been washed and dried.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here's my routine and products: I use the two (2) bucket routine, one with the soapy water with a DETAIL GUARDZ The Dirt Lock Car Wash Bucket Insert and the other with plain water. I use water from my water softener because I live in an area with hard water that leaves water spots with minerals. I use an electric pressure washer with a 40 degree spray head and I use a foam cannon. The first wash I use Decon Wash Soap. Next I use a clay lube and clay rub followed by a good rinse. I then cover the vehicle with foam from the foam cannon. I use a microfiber wash mitt and wash the vehicle. Every so often rinsing the mitt in the plain water followed by dipping the mitt in the wash bucket with soapy water and detail guardz (traps dirt particles). Rinse off using pressure washer. Dry with micro fiber drying towel. Apply initial ceramic sealant followed by a Graphene Burst Coat. After the initial application of the ceramic sealant and Graphene coat, car washing goes very quick and easy. With the car sealed, car wash is just a foam cannon cover rinse and dry. If car gets really dirty, then after the foam cover do a two bucket wash routine where you use the micro fiber mitt. If not real dirty the touches method works just fine (foam cannon, rinse and dry). Now as far as products I use: P&S Professional Detail Products - Brake Buster Wheel Cleaner. Spray this on the rims and tires. Let sit a few minutes then use the TUF SHINE Tire Brush to scrub the tires. I use the WOOLLYWORMIT Wheel Brush Car Detailing Kit for the rims with Wheel Woolies 9" Wheel & Fender Boars Hair Detail Brush. For bugs, sap and tar removal I use either Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover or Schaeffer's Manufacturing 266 Citrol Cleaner and Industrial Degreaser. The soap I use is Chemical Guys CWS_402 Mr. Pink Foaming Car Wash Soap. Great for both the foam cannon and wash bucket. Drying the car a MUST HAVE is Chemical Guys MIC1995 Gray Woolly Mammoth Microfiber Dryer Towel (36" x 25"). Awesome drying towel. I love this drying towel! To go along with the drying towel I use The Rag Company - Edgeless 365 Microfiber Towels - Premium 70/30 Blend, Professional Polishing, Wax Removal, Auto Detailing, 365gsm, 16in x 16in, Royal Blue + Gold (10-Pack). Great for rims, small areas and for applying sealant and buffing. 303 Aerospace Protectant for tires, rubber and plastic. Chemical Guys MIC_292_02 Premium Grade Microfiber Applicator for applying sealant. I reapply the ceramic sealant after 3-6 months along with another coat or two of the Graphene Burst Coat. Most of the items listed above I purchased from Amazon. Some items I purchased from Torque Detail. Adams Polishes https://adamspolishes.com also has some great products. So you asked and look what you got. I suppose you could just buy a container of Turtle Wax Gold Series Car Wash soap and do a quickie wash . . . but . . . how serious are you about maintaining your vehicle. If not that important to ya then just go through the drive through car wash. You will get swirl marks and scratches by doing that though. If you want to know more on how to take care of your vehicle both exterior and interior I suggest going to U-Tube and check out some of the professional detailers videos. Some great ideas. Good luck!
With all this typing, we deserve to see a picture of your finished masterpiece!!

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I was co-owner of a detailing business, we always used Meguiars products, but that was 30 years ago. There are probably other products out there that are equal if not better.

Anyone have an easy to use, spray on wheel cleaner they can recommend?
Believe or not, a microfiber towel and a dab of WD-40. Cleans and shines.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Believe or not, a microfiber towel and a dab of WD-40. Cleans and shines.
That's good to know. Is there a danger of getting some of it on the road surface of the tire and making it slippery?

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Spray a "dab" on the towel, not the rim. A dab is barely larger than a thumb print.

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Currently using Ethos Ceramic Spray Wax as my go to exterior protection. I usually do a self serve car wash about every two weeks and definitely after snow. I use the brush only for the windshield and wheels/tires. I’ll go home and use detailing spray to remove any left over contaminants. I’ll do a full detail in late Spring and in late Fall

I was really OCD about vehicle cleaning but have eased up over the years.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had been using Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray wax, great shine, easy to use. But that was on my Mustang.
I need it to be real easy, or I won't do it. I've read that Black Bottle Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine and Blue Bottle Spray Wax are much better than you should expect for the price, and real easy to apply.
Sponsored