First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I run a 20 micron carbon into soft water, followed by a 10 micron carbon and finally a 5 micron. That is just the house feed. I have another dual filter setup at my point of use; 1 micron into a 1/2 micron. That is my "wash water." After my "wash water", I do a final rinse using reverse osmosis. I use an air gun(30PSI) and very large micro fiber cloths for drying. Always wash at first daylight to minimize heat/sun down here in Ron's Land of Freedom. Never have spots on my black cars this way. The RO final rinse is the absolute key for a spot free wash.
Where is a good place to buy large micro fiber cloths?
Sponsored

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, having grown up (and grown old) in a place with very soft water (0.3 grains per gallon out of the tap) I am surprised at the lengths some have to take to protect their vehicle.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow, having grown up (and grown old) in a place with very soft water (0.3 grains per gallon out of the tap) I am surprised at the lengths some have to take to protect their vehicle.
You are very lucky. Our water in Florida is absolute junk. Out of the tap it tastes and smells funny due to our water source being aquifers which have a lot of sulfur and other metals. That's one reason why I go to such extremes with my water filtration, I also have a few show cars that I made my setup for.

As for large microfiber towels, I have a few of these

https://www.griotsgarage.com/extra-large-pfm-edgeless-drying-towel/

They are one of the best towels out there, pricey but you get what you pay for. I've been using mine for a few years now. I wash them with this:

https://www.amazon.com/Professional...cphy=9011540&hvtargid=pla-1102459047097&psc=1

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember when the local church group washed your car and dried with regular cotton towels? That's what I do to my poor Maverick. Some of us realize it only a truck.

CactusSam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Years ago I knew someone that made a point of washing his car in the rain to save water. He would put on his swimming suit, make up bucket of soapy water, and go wash it by hand in his driveway.

His neighbors thought that he was crazy.

If you wanted to when you are done you could then pull the Maverick in the garage and dry it off.
I used to do that 😄

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I washed my Prius during a really strong rainstorm - I drove back and forth through the water running off the downspout of a large industrial building... (The security guard watching through the door was laughing his ass off!) But that Prius had all kinds of hail damage before I bought it, so it really couldn't get any worse...

OP
OP

RatworX

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For almost 40 years, I've used tap water. The level of stress about this is redonculous. They make very nice drying chamois and microfiber towels. Keep it wet until you hand dry it and there are no issues even with the hardest water.
I do dry by towel the point is that it’s completely impossible to keep it wet till im ready to dry so spots are always there

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have no idea what I'm looking at. I've used the thumb-in-the-garden-hose method for decades with great success. But you do you.
I use RODI water to rinse my vehicles so I don't have to dry them. Not a big deal for me as I have a marine fish tank so need the RODI unit anyway. I almost always have 10-15 gallons available, so really easy to grab some. Fewer towels on the vehicle.

tkroame

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Get a CR Spotless Water System. You will never deal with water spots ever again.
Ford Maverick Water filtration for washing your Maverick ?? IMG_6798
Sponsored