Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excellent. We need hybrids!
The addition of 4 Hybrids made my :mad: reaction flop to 😍

Whoever overruled that moron regional manager who only previewed 2.0Ls should get a big thank & cold one.
Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
our entire allocation
What does "entire allocation" mean? Does this mean all your orders? How many orders have not been scheduled at this time? (Yes, I do have an order with Granger, 2.0 Lariat).

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe because only about 3-400 hybrid transmissions have been manufactured? I’d call that a constraint.
I am not saying there are not other limits, but in chemistry it is definitely what we would call a rate limiting factor.
If these are for October builds, plenty of time to manufacture and ship hybrid CVT to Hermosillo, so not really a constraint.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
If these are for October builds, plenty of time to manufacture and ship hybrid CVT to Hermosillo
Just in time delivery counts on a lots of things, including hold time at the boarder and shipping clearance. I think we are generally looking at 6 weeks out. So what is manufactured today should be installed in 6 weeks including QC and all steps in between.

they have known allocation of parts in movement for the builds they are previewing and will commit to tomorrow. Any overages will be accounted for during the cleanup phase.

Cruzin4God

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra ordered a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
8/11 Update:

todays preview update...

4 2.0's dropped off...4 2.5's added (y)

8/10 Update:

Previewing day update…sad news for you hybrids… all 2.0s previewing.

But good news… I have over 30 retail 2.0s and no stock orders are previewing… only retail sold orders.

Keep in mind this can change by Thursday.
Does anyone know how many Mavericks Ford produces on average in a day?

Reactions: PMA

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know how many Mavericks Ford produces on average in a day?
In the current spool-up mode probably a few hundred a day when the line fires up for retail units.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how many orders ford actually has? I know they said 80k reservations but how many of those were doubles or how many actually ordered one? I am not really in a rush tbh

Sponsored

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not all the orders, just what Ford has allocated to you for the month? So 20-30-40 orders out of the (probably) hundreds you have?
Correct. Just what we were allocated this month.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just speculating here...
I think Ford is doing something really smart with their scheduling criteria (from a marketing point of view).
Last week and hopefully this week they will also include a few late orders in July (August) to give hope to the newcomers and future customers of getting the vehicle soon.
Ford is saying you do not need a June 9th to grab one right away. Why would have FORD scheduled late July orders last week otherwise?
At least I hope so for my Hybrid XLT ordered on July 27th.

Last edited:

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe because only about 3-400 hybrid transmissions have been manufactured? I’d call that a constraint.
I am not saying there are not other limits, but in chemistry it is definitely what we would call a rate limiting factor.
I was basing my comment on what I had read about the 139 transmissions ordered for one week supply. Seemingly the transmission factory is sitting on its hands, awaiting JIT order from the assembly plant. Given that, I expect there's some sort of assembly problem. Of course this could all be bovine excretia.
tom

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I was basing my comment on what I had read about the 139 transmissions ordered for one week supply. Seemingly the transmission factory is sitting on its hands, awaiting JIT order from the assembly plant. Given that, I expect there's some sort of assembly problem. Of course this could all be bovine excretia.
tom
I think it is the other way around. 139 were produced, not ordered. Think it’s a supply issue at the sub component level as well as QC testing delay.

the transmissions would not be scheduled for an entire period if they only had orders for 130ish

but again, you are correct there may be something else in the mix. I suspect though we will see the hybrid transmission numbers increase rapidly very soon.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I think it is the other way around. 139 were produced, not ordered. Think it’s a supply issue at the sub component level as well as QC testing delay.

the transmissions would not be scheduled for an entire period if they only had orders for 130ish

but again, you are correct there may be something else in the mix. I suspect though we will see the hybrid transmission numbers increase rapidly very soon.
Not the way I read Post #1: 139 Maverick eCVT transmissions built last week

"The week of 8/2, they built 139 maverick eCVT transmssions. The remainder were escape hybrid transmissions. I am being told, they have parts for more maverick eCVT transmissions, but this is the quantity the assembly plant asked for."
Sponsored