First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Apparently all direct injection engines have this issue from all manufacturers. Typically it won’t be an issue until the engine has in excess of 150,000 miles on it or so, depending on driving style, fuel quality used, etc. I have an ecoboost vehicle with around 120,000 miles and no issues have manifested from carbon buildup on valve stems so far. Some have offered that installation of an oil catch can can mitigate the carbon buildup issue.
Not all. My Tacoma had additional injectors in the intake manifold to clean the valves.
Sponsored

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not all. My Tacoma had additional injectors in the intake manifold to clean the valves.
+1 My 18’ Mustang GT has dual injection. Direct and Port injection

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
+1 My 18’ Mustang GT has dual injection. Direct and Port injection
Apparently I should have picked my words more carefully LOL I stand corrected. Well, actually I’m sitting, but you know what I mean.

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I

I saw someone with a hybrid post his priority has gone to 2. There are rumors the hybrid power train is being allocated to retail orders, as apposed to stock.
My Maverick is a Hybrid XLT, and the zone manager moved it from 10 to 2.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every poll I have seen shows that orders for the hybrid are well above the 2.0 version. Also, XLT is the prominent trim choice. Hopefully, that might mean XLT hybrids have a very good chance of getting scheduled for production right away. I can dream, right?
Dreaming is about the only thing free, so enjoy (y)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
My Maverick is a Hybrid XLT, and the zone manager moved it from 10 to 2.
Tyreese, how did you find that out? Did Ford notify you or the Dealer?

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going to preface this by saying, I've given up trying to figure out Ford's scheduling system completely. Every time I think I have something figured out, I learn something new.

When initial allocation on the Maverick was released we received 1. Then after it took into consideration our retail orders, we ended up earning a total allocation of 11 for the first month of production. My assumption was that those remaining 10 would fill customer orders, but it will be a mix of stock and retail orders.

Today's update:
We received scheduling for 4 Mavericks 2 FWD 300A XLTs 2.0s and 2 AWD 300A XLT with 2.0s.

Build week for our Mavericks are 9/6/21 on all units.

2022 Ford Maverick production scheduling.PNG
So I ordered from you guys a little over a week ago, Sean said I was order 29, but I still haven't gotten an email confirmation from Ford. Sean said Ford was having trouble picking up orders? Do you know what's up with that? Are you going to be be getting stock orders now in front of retail orders?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I ordered from you guys a little over a week ago, Sean said I was order 29, but I still haven't gotten an email confirmation from Ford. Sean said Ford was having trouble picking up orders? Do you know what's up with that? Are you going to be be getting stock orders now in front of retail orders?
Hey Vengo, congrats! I'm in the west suburbs, ordered from Granger a month back on 6/18. We've all been on here speculating and trying to understand the full process around scheduling, but none of us really know...and even the dealers won't necessarily fully understand the process. I think at the end of the day, we need to understand that the dealer is really a customer of Ford's, and buyers of the dealer. Dealers don't necessarily know or have insight into exactly how Ford is going to approach the initial builds and roll-outs, unless they are truly an insider or have some connections beyond just working in their capacity as a dealer.

I feel like the consensus is we may have some idea of what is going on with retail order this week. At the very least, we will have an indication as to whether this discussion of some stock units first is truly occurring, or if some actual retail buyers are also starting to get scheduled.

Also, if they need to take 2-3 weeks of stock order builds, slowly on the line before ramping up to full capacity, I'm all for it. Ford has said they intend to produce 100,000+ Mavericks annually - almost 10,000 per month - so once they do get up to capacity we should start to see retail being fulfilled in short order (that of course also depends on the right parts availability as well).

In other words, welcome to the anticipation void :)

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tyreese, how did you find that out? Did Ford notify you or the Dealer?
I called my dealer sales rep, he looked it up.

Sponsored

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Vengo, congrats! I'm in the west suburbs, ordered from Granger a month back on 6/18. We've all been on here speculating and trying to understand the full process around scheduling, but none of us really know...and even the dealers won't necessarily fully understand the process. I think at the end of the day, we need to understand that the dealer is really a customer of Ford's, and buyers of the dealer. Dealers don't necessarily know or have insight into exactly how Ford is going to approach the initial builds and roll-outs, unless they are truly an insider or have some connections beyond just working in their capacity as a dealer.

I feel like the consensus is we may have some idea of what is going on with retail order this week. At the very least, we will have an indication as to whether this discussion of some stock units first is truly occurring, or if some actual retail buyers are also starting to get scheduled.

Also, if they need to take 2-3 weeks of stock order builds, slowly on the line before ramping up to full capacity, I'm all for it. Ford has said they intend to produce 100,000+ Mavericks annually - almost 10,000 per month - so once they do get up to capacity we should start to see retail being fulfilled in short order (that of course also depends on the right parts availability as well).

In other words, welcome to the anticipation void :)
Did you at least get the confirmation email from Ford on your order? I'm still waiting on one, and keep seeing people posting screenshots of theirs, just makes me nervous that I don't have a spot in line.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m not even following my priority. I have my Tacoma and it’ll be here until I get the call to pick my Maverick up. Anticipation is a stress inducer that I don’t need, but it’s fun watching you guys deal with it!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called my dealer sales rep, he looked it up.
Thanks. Now if only my zone manager would do the same. I know, wishful thinking. Good luck with the new priority.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you at least get the confirmation email from Ford on your order? I'm still waiting on one, and keep seeing people posting screenshots of theirs, just makes me nervous that I don't have a spot in line.
Have you called your dealer to see if they've input it yet? I originally ordered back on 6/10/2021 at my local dealer. I got the email from Ford within 30 minutes of ordering. I wasn't happy with the price or attention from the dealer so I canceled my first order and re-ordered from another dealer in a far away state at a better price on 7/22/2021. Again, I received the email from Ford within 15 minutes of order being placed by new dealer. I'm not buying the Ford is having problems with order garbage. Call them and ask.

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
I have learned one thing over the last few months, I will never order a new vehicle again. I have both a Bronco, which I won't see for at least 2.5 years after my reservation, and a Maverick on order. If chaos with Maverick orders ensues, I am not going to be happy at all. I need a damn vehicle!
they lost a bronco sale with the wait with us. Ended up buying a 4xe PHEV wrangler (but 4 weeks turned to 10 though). and a maverick (of course). Although was considering reordering a 22 jeep instead as the tax credit for the vehicle may go to 12500. would completely cover 5 years of depreciation.
Sponsored