Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

Based upon some of the posts, it seems things will be in motion this week, maybe no scheduling, but vins assigned, codes changed, etc. I wouldn’t be shocked if the 4k fwd thing threw a monkey wrench in the scheduling this week. Seems like an issue to deal with. Who knows, if enough builds are cancelled due to the 4k issue, some folk’s builds may even move up.

it would be interesting to know the total build scheduled at this point. I read somewhere that there are about 30,000 orders. You think 10,000 have been scheduled?
that would be nice if thats the case and in august they have 1/3 of the orders allocated to be scheduled. idk if this is the case but thats nice thinking. Yea it could be the codes for sure. I just was told by my dealer a day or so ago that my priority code changed. They didnt change it either. So they said that they couldnt change my order now and that it (may) be scheduled this week . now that isnt happenign mind you but maybe next week then.
Sponsored

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
Yeah, didn't believe her but that is what she spewed on the phone, no joke. All BS in my opinion. I truly believe that is part of the Information/Misinformation campaign Ford continues to spread. If they would not try to be so helpful and answer the questions and only provide facts maybe there wouldn't be so much confusion.

Case in point, I called because someone posted they got their VIN by calling Customer Service. So I called. She also told me THEY cannot provide the VIN that ONLY the Dealer can provide that. And then went on to tell me about the time to get the vehicle once it starts Build. I was pissed when she said she couldn't give me the VIN even if she had it.
Maybe you called the wrong number. I called the Ford Customer Relationship Center and the lady was far more helpful than my dealer. She happily gave me my VIN and told me how to log in and follow updates online.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Maybe you called the wrong number. I called the Ford Customer Relationship Center and the lady was far more helpful than my dealer. She happily gave me my VIN and told me how to log in and follow updates online.
I dialed the Customer Service number from the Ford.com website. That is the only number I have access to.

If you have a better number would you share it?

Acro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I dialed the Customer Service number from the Ford.com website. That is the only number I have access to.

If you have a better number would you share it?
I always call 18003344375 and always get the same response "we see your order its processing no build date/vin or eta" super helpful and all.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always call 18003344375 and always get the same response "we see your order its processing no build date/vin or eta" super helpful and all.
THANKS. Appreciate you providing.
I've been dialing the 800-392-3673 and get all kinds of people on the line. Mostly Bronco but they say they can assist.

Sponsored

Acro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
THANKS. Appreciate you providing.
I've been dialing the 800-392-3673 and get all kinds of people on the line. Mostly Bronco but they say they can assist.
Should give you a prompt when you call the number I listed I want to say it's option 3 maybe 4 anyways it specifically says "For the all new Maverick" or something along those lines

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should give you a prompt when you call the number I listed I want to say it's option 3 maybe 4 anyways it specifically says "For the all new Maverick" or something along those lines
Does someone come online or do you put your order number and code in and get an automated response?

Acro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does someone come online or do you put your order number and code in and get an automated response?
It's an actual rep you give order number and sales code they will ask for some simple info like name number address then ask for the order info

Fsulaubach

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
So where do you go to login and check the status online?

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
What does this mean? When will production start? I thought it was this week. What is scheduling?
Production starts is as it sound when they start producing trucks
scheduling is when they schedule builds, usually it’s on thursdays, yours could be picked or not and you have to wait till the next Thursday to see if your build(truck) is picked

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
So where do you go to login and check the status online?
If you don’t have a vin# you can’t check, if you have one you need to register the vin on the Ford web site., you’ll need to sign up for a account

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, knowing I won't likely receive a scheduling email for several weeks at least actually makes coming to this forum very relaxing - no stressing about an email that isn't coming for awhile anyway! LOL

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, this is as clear as mud. Given the announced change, after accepting orders, it is not known if those orders will be fulfilled. It could be the schedule has been scrambled as some say by all the FWD TOW combinations thrown back. Or it could be parts delivery schedule got a kick in the chops, and something needed is not going to be available.
The end result is that the last two weeks in October are being reconsidered, some pulled some added perhaps, and that mess needs to be cleaned up before making more mess Thursday for November(and last 2 of October). It makes sense to get their schedule down to what they will have on hand to build now, and delay future scheduling until that is determined.
Could be that the sales of final drive gearing included in the TOW package was under projected for FWD transmissions, and there is a delay, so the gears are being redirected to AWD units. Would not be surprised to see the FWD with TOW in some future.
Right now, given available information, we are witnessing how a coordinated production line can run in fits and starts when things have not been totally worked out. Add in a crew that is rather green, and if you want a quality product, you'd better be working 16 hour days.
From afar, given the number of parts and the coordination necessary to get things running smoothly, especially for a brand new model, they are not doing badly. Most times no one ever knows of the problems, but we have a sort of window into the production process, with some added filters and shades, but a window nonetheless.(cloudy?)
I do not know national projections, but am as certain as I can be that projections for the hybrid were low, given orders detailed on site. Could be that Calif orders skew even more towards the hybrid as it is more acceptable to drive a truck if it has the word 'electric' or 'hybrid' somewhere in its name. It is possible that FWD/TOW projections were just as skewed. It takes time for the information to flow, the orders to be cut, and production of needed parts to begin. We have a wait ahead, but at least we don't have to do scheduling for Hermosillo.

tom

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, this is as clear as mud. Given the announced change, after accepting orders, it is not known if those orders will be fulfilled. It could be the schedule has been scrambled as some say by all the FWD TOW combinations thrown back. Or it could be parts delivery schedule got a kick in the chops, and something needed is not going to be available.
The end result is that the last two weeks in October are being reconsidered, some pulled some added perhaps, and that mess needs to be cleaned up before making more mess Thursday for November(and last 2 of October). It makes sense to get their schedule down to what they will have on hand to build now, and delay future scheduling until that is determined.
Could be that the sales of final drive gearing included in the TOW package was under projected for FWD transmissions, and there is a delay, so the gears are being redirected to AWD units. Would not be surprised to see the FWD with TOW in some future.
Right now, given available information, we are witnessing how a coordinated production line can run in fits and starts when things have not been totally worked out. Add in a crew that is rather green, and if you want a quality product, you'd better be working 16 hour days.
From afar, given the number of parts and the coordination necessary to get things running smoothly, especially for a brand new model, they are not doing badly. Most times no one ever knows of the problems, but we have a sort of window into the production process, with some added filters and shades, but a window nonetheless.(cloudy?)
I do not know national projections, but am as certain as I can be that projections for the hybrid were low, given orders detailed on site. Could be that Calif orders skew even more towards the hybrid as it is more acceptable to drive a truck if it has the word 'electric' or 'hybrid' somewhere in its name. It is possible that FWD/TOW projections were just as skewed. It takes time for the information to flow, the orders to be cut, and production of needed parts to begin. We have a wait ahead, but at least we don't have to do scheduling for Hermosillo.

tom
Tim from Long McArthur stated yesterday that they were advised no FWD will be built with 4K.
Any orders previously made won’t be filled and dealerships need to contact customers to either remove the 4K, add AWD or cancel the order.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really concerned about the whole Order system in general. I was watching FOX Business News early this morning and the President of Lincoln was asked about the future of car sales in America. The lots are empty and there isn't any inventory headed their way. Her response was "they are moving to a total online ordering system." People don't want to go to a lot and settle on a vehicle; they want to pick and choose their options and have a vehicle built to their needs. Thus the future of car buying will be online orders. Dealers can't afford to have the vehicles just sitting on lots."

I've got news for her and others, the process and transparency will need to improve before the masses will adopt this system. This is ridiculous in my opinion. Not in any rush, just this willy nilly start, stop, freeze, release and the whole secretive selection process leaves a lot to be desired.
Sponsored