First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think the production problem resolves itself for at least a year. Ford are at the mercy of a supply chain that doesn't see them as first priority. I hope I am wrong, I have an order in too.
Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Granger Ford

Any of the stock units scheduled have the tow package?

Mattman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Corolla
Does anyone have any idea what is the hold-up of producing the hybrids? And who has a complete run-down of all items that are on constraint at this time?

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
I
Does anyone have any idea what is the hold-up of producing the hybrids? And who has a complete run-down of all items that are on constraint at this time?
I saw someone with a hybrid post his priority has gone to 2. There are rumors the hybrid power train is being allocated to retail orders, as apposed to stock.

Sponsored

RayNash

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I wish they offered the 2.5L on the AWD. From what I'm reading, the 2.0L has carbon build up issues

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have learned one thing over the last few months, I will never order a new vehicle again. I have both a Bronco, which I won't see for at least 2.5 years after my reservation, and a Maverick on order. If chaos with Maverick orders ensues, I am not going to be happy at all. I need a damn vehicle!
That’s the risk with ordering an unreleased vehicle. I was told other vehicle orders are far faster…

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm..guess it's too bad that I wanted the good MPG....ahhhh well. Not terribly surprised, though, as I'd seen speculation that the initial builds would skew heavily towards the 2.0.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought that the first 3 weeks in August was for retooling the new hybrid transmissions in US. If that is accurate, then it would make sense why there might be more 2.0 being built. It takes time to build, transport (likely by rail), and offload inside plant and startup.

UpstateSC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux. Pkg., '16 Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish they offered the 2.5L on the AWD. From what I'm reading, the 2.0L has carbon build up issues
Apparently all direct injection engines have this issue from all manufacturers. Typically it won’t be an issue until the engine has in excess of 150,000 miles on it or so, depending on driving style, fuel quality used, etc. I have an ecoboost vehicle with around 120,000 miles and no issues have manifested from carbon buildup on valve stems so far. Some have offered that installation of an oil catch can can mitigate the carbon buildup issue.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
I

I saw someone with a hybrid post his priority has gone to 2. There are rumors the hybrid power train is being allocated to retail orders, as apposed to stock.
Every poll I have seen shows that orders for the hybrid are well above the 2.0 version. Also, XLT is the prominent trim choice. Hopefully, that might mean XLT hybrids have a very good chance of getting scheduled for production right away. I can dream, right?
Sponsored