First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FoMoCo just like all the other manufacturers have tended to go towards JIT assembly lines. JIT == Just In Time, where the inventory needed for current production, a short period of time, is next to the line. Other parts are either in a staging area, quickly accessible to keep the line in productive mode(moving), or arriving at the loading dock. They likely do not keep 500 7-pin hitches next to the line, or maybe even in-house, but that's just one item.
Kanban or JIT requires the sub-assemblies to be readily available from suppliers. A seat manufacturer(forget the name) would actually co-ordinate with the plant to load the seats onto their truck in reverse order of the builds scheduled for that day. FILO, so the first out of the truck were the first needed when the line started moving. All other seats dribbled out of the trailer onto the conveyor/loader in the order needed to match the color of the vehicles in production. Engine/transmission assemblies are shipped in packaging, I've seen 12-packs, and so on, that fit onto a pallet/base that can be set and loaded directly. Do not know if they are 'synched' or one is just picked from the packing and placed onto the cradle.
Anyway, my take is there are problems in CVTe-2.5 land, something does not assemble well, or doesn't fit. I have not read of any problems in the transmission assembly plant, but figure the Hermosillo plant is not quite doing as well. Could be a training issue and they are doing the aseemble-grade-take-apart-repeat until they get it right the first time.
tom
How does your take fit in with the fact that about 40% of the vehicles currently scheduled are hybrids?
Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I would like to know this too...I would be willing to drop my soft tonneau cover to get my Maverick sooner!
I told my dealer to drop my tonneau cover last Friday, and was told that it was dropped this week, before scheduling. It’s also cheaper to go outside of Ford for the tonneau.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
@Granger Ford Can you or any of the dealers confirm if you are seeing anything previewing for scheduling for today? Question based on another dealer comment I saw.

Velo_Blue_Mav_in_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I told my dealer to drop my tonneau cover last Friday, and was told that it was dropped this week, before scheduling. It’s also cheaper to go outside of Ford for the tonneau.
I'll just go see the crew at Wakefield ATV across from Crossroads Ford in WF, and get the tonneau cover. Highly recommend Chad and his crew for any after market accessories. They'd probably send it to him anyways if I had them do it.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Granger Ford Can you or any of the dealers confirm if you are seeing anything previewing for scheduling for today? Question based on another dealer comment I saw.
it is possible that some dealers may. All of our allocation for the month scheduled yesterday.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it is possible that some dealers may. All of our allocation for the month scheduled yesterday.
Do you anticipate the next batch (November) emails to be a few weeks down the line?

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I understand you correctly, you were allocated only 5 builds for the whole month of October? How many orders do you have that have not been scheduled?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I understand you correctly, you were allocated only 5 builds for the whole month of October? How many orders do you have that have not been scheduled?
Yes, we have 30+ left to be scheduled.

I think out of our zone of 40 dealers the second biggest allocation was 2. Most dealers didn't get any. A very thin allocation.

Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Yes, we have 30+ left to be scheduled.

I think out of our zone of 40 dealers the second biggest allocation was 2. Most dealers didn't get any. A very thin allocation.

I'm confused. Are you saying someone could place an order with a dealer and never get their vehicle because the dealer has no allocations?

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does your take fit in with the fact that about 40% of the vehicles currently scheduled are hybrids?
My take was based on the 139 quantity reported ordered for Hermosillo recently as reported by a poster whose spouse worked at the transmission plant.
I do not know all of FoMoCo ordering going on beyond what I read here and on the web. I cannot state that 40% of the scheduled are hybrids. I do not know that, not having seen that figure. My impression was less than that from all I have read.... so far. Things are sort of fluid right now, IMO.
tom

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did the same. Deleted the hard folding off of my build on 8/1 and am now scheduled for 10/11. Original Ford confirmation email 7/12. 2.0L AWD XLT Lux/360 FX4 in Alto Blue.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did the same. Deleted the hard folding off of my build on 8/1 and am now scheduled for 10/11. Original Ford confirmation email 7/12. 2.0L AWD XLT Lux/360 FX4 in Alto Blue.
I deleted the tri fold cover from my order on 8/12, lets see if it will help speed up scheduling.
Sponsored