Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

I'm really concerned about the whole Order system in general. I was watching FOX Business News early this morning and the President of Lincoln was asked about the future of car sales in America. The lots are empty and there isn't any inventory headed their way. Her response was "they are moving to a total online ordering system." People don't want to go to a lot and settle on a vehicle; they want to pick and choose their options and have a vehicle built to their needs. Thus the future of car buying will be online orders. Dealers can't afford to have the vehicles just sitting on lots."

I've got news for her and others, the process and transparency will need to improve before the masses will adopt this system. This is ridiculous in my opinion. Not in any rush, just this willy nilly start, stop, freeze, release and the whole secretive selection process leaves a lot to be desired.
I agree the secretive selection process is ridiculous. If they want that model which in fairness in this digital age and the way people order almost everything online now and catered option to option in our society i get their thinking and while I think its probably a good idea in the long run. The way they have it now it is nowhere even ready to be that way. They need to work on that system WAY more before that becomes their new model of ordering solely. Or a majority that is. Its true it seems most or a good chunk atleast of folks dont want to go to lots and haggle and deal with salseman etc. I raise my hand, Im one of those folks. I want to buy what I want, pay what it costs like Id buy a toaster. But...their system on how they do that right now and with the selection for scheduling being all over the place is bonkers. I prefer the online model tbh but it absolutely needs improvement and more transparency as you say. 100%.
Sponsored

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got news for her and others, the process and transparency will need to improve before the masses will adopt this system. This is ridiculous in my opinion. Not in any rush, just this willy nilly start, stop, freeze, release and the whole secretive selection process leaves a lot to be desired.
You comment is very hand-wavey about what you would like better. Can you be more specific about what improvements Ford could make to be more transparent?

What I see is Ford has said/done the following things:

1. The Maverick will be officially released in mid September. You can check it out at the dealer then.
2. You can order a Maverick now and it will start delivering in the fall of 2022.
3. If you ordered, you got an email saying as such
4. If you got scheduled in Aug, Sept, or Oct you got an email with a VIN. Put that in the Ford web site for your account and watch the build progress there.
5. If you're not scheduled yet, just wait longer until you get a VIN.

There is no way Ford could build and ship all the trucks ordered in fall 2022, but I bet they will start to be delivered before 12/21. How is this different than anything else you order online. Have you ever ordered a custom made item from someone?

IMHO, being on this forum is the issue creating the dissonance that you are seeing. No one really knows what Ford is dealing with, including the dealers. It's just the internet keyboard jockeys saying stuff that people take as truth. Then you get this perception that things are "willy nilly start, stop, freeze, release and the whole secretive selection process". But are they really?

Are you creating your own anxiety?

Last edited:

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Spot on, bshurman. If anyone can't take the ups and downs of buying into a brand new model, in order to be the first on the block, they should just wait it out and see what arrives at a dealer (very few). Hand wringing and bitching won't get anybody anywhere, and if anything you'll find something to be disappointed in. The supply chain issues are global and well beyond Ford's control - I'm pretty sure or at least hope they want to get them out as quickly as they can while maintaining good quality. It's not some secretive conspiracy against anybody - they have to balance a million factors. Tim Bartz has covered just about every topic addressed on this forum; just watch his videos and he'll keep you updated. Breathe deep, you'll get yours when you get it.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazon has changed the world, its killed malls, mom and pops and made the expectation of being able to buy everything on line and get immediate gratification. The Ford idea isn’t bad its the fact that covid has everything 100% screwed up from a supply standpoint. You can’t go to lot and pick out what you want now either so that system is broken as well. Their idea works proven by other auto companies, not 100% order on line but 50% maybe. Its not going to work though until covid is totally under control which could be years. Its bad timing yes but not a bad concept. They are forcing the process on dealers and some are accepting it and others obviously don’t want to change but eventually its going to hapoen.

Sponsored

nicholsm4

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick on June 10 and wanted to verify that Ford did indeed have my order. I have a Ford login from other Fords I own/have owned and my order did not show up there. As it turns out it won't because I ordered from the dealer, don't quite understand that but that is what the rep told me when I called in. She said when I get a VIN to log on to shop.ford.com and register it there. I was most successful calling Ford Marketing at (800) 334-4373. I had the order number from the dealer but the rep I talked to was able to verify my order using my name, address and email address, she also had the same order number and provided a build number. She verified that Ford has my order and it would be scheduled in the near future. I ordered a White Hybrid Lariat with a lot of the bells and whistles. Hope to get a VIN soon!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You comment is very hand-wavey about what you would like better. Can you be more specific about what improvements Ford could make to be more transparent?

What I see is Ford has said/done the following things:

1. The Maverick will be officially released in mid September. You can check it out at the dealer then.
2. You can order a Maverick now and it will start delivering in the fall of 2022.
3. If you ordered, you got an email saying as such
4. If you got scheduled in Aug, Sept, or Oct you got an email with a VIN. Put that in the Ford web site for your account and watch the build progress there.
5. If you're not scheduled yet, just wait longer until you get a VIN.

There is no way Ford could build and ship all the trucks ordered in fall 2022, but I bet they will start to be delivered before 12/21. How is this different than anything else you order online. Have you ever ordered a custom made item from someone?

IMHO, being on this forum is the issue creating the dissonance that you are seeing. No one really knows what Ford is dealing with, including the dealers. It's just the internet keyboard jockeys saying stuff that people take as truth. Then you get this perception that things are "willy nilly start, stop, freeze, release and the whole secretive selection process". But are they really?

Are you creating your own anxiety?
Are you sure about #1 there? I could be wrong, but I thought they said production starts mid- September, with deliveries expected "4th quarter 2021" which could be late December and still technically true. At any rate I'm not expecting to be able to check it out at the dealer in September.

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you sure about #1 there? I could be wrong, but I thought they said production starts mid- September, with deliveries expected "4th quarter 2021" which could be late December and still technically true. At any rate I'm not expecting to be able to check it out at the dealer in September.
I'm most likely wrong, but I thought that production started this week.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Salesman has been telling since late July that they (the Dealership) wouldn't have a demo model until September, so I've been just waiting for that moment. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Maverick in person next week when one arrives for training at my local dealership.

Last edited:

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm most likely wrong, but I thought that production started this week.
I think it does for stock models, no Hybrids just 2.0EB.

Sponsored

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Search the forum for Tacoma. There is a Tacoma owner waiting for a Maverick that can’t wait to get rid of the Tacoma.
Search the forum for Tacoma. There is a Tacoma owner waiting for a Maverick that can’t wait to get rid of the Tacoma.
Beside reserving, you need to place an actual order!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I ordered my Maverick on June 10 and wanted to verify that Ford did indeed have my order. I have a Ford login from other Fords I own/have owned and my order did not show up there. As it turns out it won't because I ordered from the dealer, don't quite understand that but that is what the rep told me when I called in. She said when I get a VIN to log on to shop.ford.com and register it there. I was most successful calling Ford Marketing at (800) 334-4373. I had the order number from the dealer but the rep I talked to was able to verify my order using my name, address and email address, she also had the same order number and provided a build number. She verified that Ford has my order and it would be scheduled in the near future. I ordered a White Hybrid Lariat with a lot of the bells and whistles. Hope to get a VIN soon!
I think they are following a script, that being said: I expect to see quite a few hybrids being pulled soon for production

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I think they are following a script, that being said: I expect to see quite a few hybrids being pulled soon for production
Man, I sure hope you're right. It would be nice if it even gets previewed without a build date yet, at least there would be movement.

todd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was told the same thing about my XL hybrid. we just wait patiently.

BoomerBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
I'm holding just a small glimmer of hope that you are right about this. Orderd my XLT Hyprid (Alto Blue) on Monday (8/9) with no other options except a 110v converter in the back of the cab. He called me back on Thursday to ask for my drivers license. Perhaps Ford contacted him because they will be scheduling me this coming week?
Probably a good indication that your build date is being scheduled. My dealer hasn’t asked me for my DL yet (fingers crossed) keep us posted!
Sponsored