Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

Ordered my XLT hybrid on 4th of July I could handle September 😁 well I think I could handle September 😬 no forget it I have no patience I want it now! 😵💫
I have a confirmed order email on the 16th of july and i got an ecoboost and still I dont expect to see mine most likely keys in hand until december. Just given how many ordered early in june and how many they have to build period. But as long as its here before the new year.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

I
My salesperson told me November, and I almost laughed in his face. I ordered mine 7/20, and confirmed 7/21.
I didnt get told that even. I got my order confirmed about half hour from being back from the dealer on the 16th of july and when i was there they said they had no idea when it would be scheduled. I know they are having stock units come first though they admitted that to alot of folks. Which is fine as long as i get mine as ordered and AT the price of msrp which they said i would. I just may wait longer than a stock unit where they can jack up the price. So pick your battles at the end of the day. If i get mine in november as well given my date isnt far from yours id be okay with that.

Sponsored

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
our entire allocation
not all the orders, just what Ford has allocated to you for the month? So 20-30-40 orders out of the (probably) hundreds you have?

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
So 26 Ecoboosts and 4 hybrids now would be 86.7% ecoboosts, still way above the 65% that has been scheduled recently. Hoping more ecoboosts get dropped off! (no offense 😂)

bethanne

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Beth Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick First Edition Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LMAO I ordered on 6/21 (a hybrid) and I'm not even bothering to ask my salesman to hazard a guess at this point.
Same. I ordered my hybrid on 6/14....my status is "on hold"

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Given the 'fill' rate on hybrids, I have a suspicion they are having some problems either in production or fitting. Could be something as simple as a loom that is cut just 1" too short, or an alignment difference between the drilled holes and the mount points.
Back when the first 4-passenger T-birds were in their pre-production, they found the engine, with transmission attached, balanced too low/high for ready installation into the engine bay. To fix that, the block casting was changed to move the motor mount bosses(where the bolts go into the block) to change the center of balance. All blocks subsequently had the mount point changed.
OTOH, it could be a production problem with the new motor, or a fitment of the motor to the transmission case, or bearing depth or ??? or XX?? You will likely never know. But you do know the hybrid production is 'less than expected'(l.t. 40% expected 'take' rate)

tom

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Given the 'fill' rate on hybrids, I have a suspicion they are having some problems either in production or fitting. Could be something as simple as a loom that is cut just 1" too short, or an alignment difference between the drilled holes and the mount points.
Back when the first 4-passenger T-birds were in their pre-production, they found the engine, with transmission attached, balanced too low/high for ready installation into the engine bay. To fix that, the block casting was changed to move the motor mount bosses(where the bolts go into the block) to change the center of balance. All blocks subsequently had the mount point changed.
OTOH, it could be a production problem with the new motor, or a fitment of the motor to the transmission case, or bearing depth or ??? or XX?? You will likely never know. But you do know the hybrid production is 'less than expected'(l.t. 40% expected 'take' rate)

tom
Maybe because only about 3-400 hybrid transmissions have been manufactured? I’d call that a constraint.
I am not saying there are not other limits, but in chemistry it is definitely what we would call a rate limiting factor.
Sponsored