Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trail
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the other rig ?
Just the 2014 4Runner Trail in my profile pic. Only upgrade from stock are the 275 KO2’s, so one size bigger than stock. Side note: although the KO2’s ball up in sticky clay soils (not a mud terrain tire), they’re phenomenal everywhere else and I highly recommend them.
Sponsored

BayAreaTremor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fuel cost was recently eliminated from my decision (company gas card). As a result, I’ve just pulled the plug on my order after driving to my hunting camp. Hard hits to the wheels/tires in washouts made me wonder if anything short of a body on frame would handle it. When I was looking at saving $1,500/yr it sounded good to take a better line and go slow, but for $0, I think I’ll take the capability. Thought I’d follow up just to let you know where I landed.

If fuel was still a factor, I’d probably have a Tremor. Good luck!
nice to hear about the gas card, that definitely is clutch.
On my end I too and cancelling my order this upcoming week. Mostly due to the 4Runner being the cheapest and most capable option. And when you break it out in terms of fuel savings at $1500 a year it’s hard to justify a new car to save that much.

I’m actually curious how many people who had 4x4 originally kept the Maverick of kept their original due to the pricing, availability, and capability.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You're posting here with theoretical info when OP is pretty clearly asking for real world experience. I have theorized that Tremor owners will see much better highway mileage figures considering I am running tires heavier than the Wildpeaks on my AWD Maverick and I routinely get 35+ mpg on the highway. This is my most recent trip to see family and I have seen better mileage than 35.2 average on the same trip in the summer:

MPG.jpg

The Tremor EPA figures are estimates and I have a hard time believing that anything on the Tremor is going to drastically change highway MPG figures considering that although it probably has a heavier curb weight than my XL by at least 100 pounds, the tires are lighter and rotational mass can easily add the equivalent of significantly more static weight. The tremor has the same body style, gearing and so on.
Yeah, 65mph. That's not realistic for me at all.

At the speeds I travel, not even a 20mph tailwind can get me to 35mpg. Ecoboost AWD 4K with Michelins.

Ford Maverick Real world Maverick Tremor MPG -- What's yours? PXL_20221228_165240600

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
27 on mine

MaverickInMass

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi All. I have a Tremor currently en route from Mexico! Before it arrives, I’d love to get those of you who have already received yours to share your real world MPG. I know this has been asked in a previous post by others, but those posts seem to always be taken over by ppl sharing their opinions but not a lot of simply posting their real world driving habits/MPG. Hoping this can be a thread of only ppl sharing their real Tremor MPG experience so far, so we can gauge it against the projected. If you’re willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Sponsored

MaverickInMass

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, and most if not all, are filled with ppl arguing over why mpg shouldn’t matter, or speaking of hypothetical mpg. I am hoping this thread can be dedicated only to the folks who already actually have their Tremor and can report the MPG, without fishing through 90% of responders who haven’t.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol....trying to keep people "on-track" in a public forum....you'd have better luck herding cats.

Sorry to further dilute your request. I hope I'm wrong, and this thread turns out as you wanted. 🤠

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First full tank through my Tremor.

Ford Maverick Real world Maverick Tremor MPG -- What's yours? Snapchat-1993216313

Tone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What mix of driving conditions?
23 miles each way to work. 16 of it highway. Depends on time of day for this DC area traffic but typically 65 mph on the highway..

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're posting here with theoretical info when OP is pretty clearly asking for real world experience. I have theorized that Tremor owners will see much better highway mileage figures considering I am running tires heavier than the Wildpeaks on my AWD Maverick and I routinely get 35+ mpg on the highway. This is my most recent trip to see family and I have seen better mileage than 35.2 average on the same trip in the summer:

MPG.jpg

The Tremor EPA figures are estimates and I have a hard time believing that anything on the Tremor is going to drastically change highway MPG figures considering that although it probably has a heavier curb weight than my XL by at least 100 pounds, the tires are lighter and rotational mass can easily add the equivalent of significantly more static weight. The tremor has the same body style, gearing and so on.
I would say that it's been shown that the MPG gauge on the Maverick is on the optimistic side.

I agree with you, or at least I am hopeful with you, that the Tremor will exceed the highway MPGs but it does have quite a few things different than a standard AWD Maverick that will negatively impact fuel economy.

The first is the revised front fascia which drastically affects aero - this is combined with the .8"-1" lift that also has a negative impact on aero.

As you've pointed out the Wildpeaks are heavier than OEM tires on a Maverick but that alone shouldn't crush fuel economy however the Maverick is spinning heavier duty half shafts in addition to that Wildpeak.

I don't think you can point to any one specific difference between Tremor and Mav AWD and say - AH that's it - that's the fuel economy hog!

However I do think it all adds up with little dings here and there to be a significant difference. I don't think the Tremor will be seeing 30mpg hwy on a consistent basis but I would be fine with 26-28mpg when not loaded down.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No5s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado Z71
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First time on freeway, new Tremor. 15 miles back roads, 45 to 55 mph, then freeway at 65. I drove as I imagine eco would be, no full throttle starts, no speeding (no fun). About a dozen traffic lights, tires at 37 psi. I’m good with that.

Ford Maverick Real world Maverick Tremor MPG -- What's yours? 560F313E-9D4A-40FA-8415-FB8172DBEC28

MaverickInMass

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First time on freeway, new Tremor. 15 miles back roads, 45 to 55 mph, then freeway at 65. I drove as I imagine eco would be, no full throttle starts, no speeding (no fun). About a dozen traffic lights, tires at 37 psi. I’m good with that.

560F313E-9D4A-40FA-8415-FB8172DBEC28.jpeg
Wow that is excellent! Definitely love seeing that over the considerably lower numbers that have been reported. Thanks for posting!
Sponsored