NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far in the first couple hundred miles…better than 24 seems really doable. 24.1 right now in mixed driving, including some off road which is hard on mpgs.
Definitely should be capable of at least 28 highway at speeds at or below 70mph despite what those magical EPA ratings say

Saxapl

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely should be capable of at least 28 highway at speeds at or below 70mph despite what those magical EPA ratings say
Yeah I agree. At the end of the day, for the average driver, I don’t think the Tremor will make a big difference in fuel compared to FX4. Maybe $100-$200 per year. I can live with that for the RDU.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I agree. At the end of the day, for the average driver, I don’t think the Tremor will make a big difference in fuel compared to FX4. Maybe $100-$200 per year. I can live with that for the RDU.
Looking forward to more real world experience both in terms of capability and fuel mileage.

Sponsored

Saxapl

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn't seem to be the case for most trucks. Reports I’ve seen on Ranger and F150 Hybrid (other trucks I was considering) seem to be that the EPA ratings are VERY optimistic/unattainable.
Absolutely agree. I am about the most “grandpa” style driver you can get, and EPA “highway” is always optimistic. But that’s why I never care what they say.
And in reality it isn’t that big of a deal. Assuming an average driver goes 12,000 miles per year, and assuming an FX4 could average 29 and a Tremor could only average 24, it’s a $350 annual difference at $4 per gallon. Most people spend more than that every year eating out and buying their Starbucks.

Saxapl

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometimes I wonder why people even want to discuss mpg for a truck like the Tremor which is decidedly not for fuel efficiency. Good mpg is just a bonus.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can we all just agree the Tremor is bad ass and be happy?!

Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned Maverick forum fun. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm vehicle emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest vehicle forum since Lee Iacocca tap-danced with Henry f***ing Ford. And when Ford finally sends our Mavericks down the assembly line, Farley's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Fun fact. My dad once got our 1991 Pontiac Bonneville to achieve 30mpg. Gas pump to gas pump, single day highway trip, 55mph, cars blasting past left and right. I have never personally owned anything that got over 21mpg. That was a 91 Ranger shortbed regular cab 4.0 5spd. All of my current vehicles average between 12-15mpg. But are all much more efficient to drive than any Maverick because they are old and I only payed a couple thousand for em. Our Tremor is gonna get great MPG compared to what we get, that will offset the fact that I have to pay for it out of not one but 50 or so paychecks. Our 93 V8 ZJ including price, gas, oil, repairs, and registration is still under $10k over 5 years of ownership as a daily driver.

Everything is relative and everybody love everybody!

AJFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 ford maverick tremor and 16 mustang gt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I order the same and I want to see if you can put eco mode and sport mode in and then see how the mpg.. just like people are doing on the fx4 w/ 4k tow... hope the Tremor can do this too.. don't see why now tho...

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I order the same and I want to see if you can put eco mode and sport mode in and then see how the mpg.. just like people are doing on the fx4 w/ 4k tow... hope the Tremor can do this too.. don't see why now tho...
It 100% can be done - just need someone with a Tremor to do it with Forscan.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My OBD adapter for Forscan is ordered and I will report back.
Lots of threads over on Bronco6G about enabling drive modes via forscan (GOAT modes). That obviously doesn't transfer to the Tremor 1:1 but it could provide a little insight into the process.

OP
OP
GSTRIDR

GSTRIDR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trail
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was actually doing some more thinking, just based purely off MPG...

Thoughts...?
Fuel cost was recently eliminated from my decision (company gas card). As a result, I’ve just pulled the plug on my order after driving to my hunting camp. Hard hits to the wheels/tires in washouts made me wonder if anything short of a body on frame would handle it. When I was looking at saving $1,500/yr it sounded good to take a better line and go slow, but for $0, I think I’ll take the capability. Thought I’d follow up just to let you know where I landed.

If fuel was still a factor, I’d probably have a Tremor. Good luck!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fuel cost was recently eliminated from my decision (company gas card). As a result, I’ve just pulled the plug on my order after driving to my hunting camp. Hard hits to the wheels/tires in washouts made me wonder if anything short of a body on frame would handle it. When I was looking at saving $1,500/yr it sounded good to take a better line and go slow, but for $0, I think I’ll take the capability. Thought I’d follow up just to let you know where I landed.

If fuel was still a factor, I’d probably have a Tremor. Good luck!
What's the other rig ?
Sponsored