Sponsored

Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance)

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Picked mine up after the windshield was reseated. No squeak. Thanks to all of the folks who helped me in helping Ford minimize its warranty related costs. 😂

Barring any new issues with the squeak, I will do a more detailed post or thread about my 18-19 dealer visits over 11 months and $600-700 in my money pissed away on car rentals and Lyfts.
Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked mine up after the windshield was reseated. No squeak. Thanks to all of the folks who helped me in helping Ford minimize its warranty related costs. 😂

Barring any new issues with the squeak, I will do a more detailed post or thread about my 18-19 dealer visits over 11 months and $600-700 in my money pissed away on car rentals and Lyfts.
Did You just take to a glass shop and go for a reseal to see if it fixed it?

Lofton

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alright, after going half crazy from the squeak and all the helpful info in this thread, I decided to give it a go to remove one of these pegs. My creak seemed like it was coming from the right side. I removed the A Pillar. It’s really easy by squeezing the pillar itself at the top and bottom and pulling up. It’ll still be connected at the bottom by the tweeter grill most likely. That’s fine, just leave it hanging there. Next, pull the corner of the headliner down and you’ll see this:
Ford Maverick Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance) 4DFEAC88-205B-44A4-809F-734521D50CE2
That white post is the squeaky wheel. It goes through a very thin piece of sheet metal. I actually pried the sheet metal down rather easily with a flathead screwdriver. I don’t believe it’s for anything other than aligning the windshield. I used an oscillating saw to cut it off between the sheet metal tab and the flat plastic base of this peg. There’s not much room but just take your time.
Ford Maverick Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance) 707D31DA-09D9-4FDD-BEB9-EB102BE6A3BF
Ford Maverick Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance) C5ACB782-B2F6-4C44-824C-285C1D5CFF59
This appears to have stopped by rattle and creak. I should say that if you’re not comfortable doing this, have your dealer check it out.

Sponsored

snek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How would you classify the shifting at low speeds?

Slightly thuddy? Mushy?
Off the line with a consistent but fairly light acceleration....it was sometimes shifting 1st -> 2nd late causing it to rev up a bit and sometimes would bump to 2nd a bit hard when it did. Slowing to a stop was sometimes kinda a hard downshift from 2nd to 1st - it was enough to seriously get your attention. These problems with happening more frequently.

snek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After 5 months since delivery and loving my Mav, the honeymoon is over. In the past month, I
have developed what seems 1 or 2 different dash rattles (including behind the steering wheel / cluster), transmission mis-shifting at low speeds, and most recently, the random condition that
causes Desent control to engage on its own when disabled at switch. When this happens, transmission shifts to a low gear and pedal is almost unresponsive (limp mode). Called dealer, was told that unless I can reproduce these problems at will - there is nothing they can help with.

Looks like someone at Ford has chimed in on this thread. I will watch to see if anything is done about these quality issues before deciding to part ways with it

Build: '22 Mav XLT, 2.0 EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Update: My Maverick was at my dealership's (Capitol Ford - San Jose) service dept the past 2 day and got it back today. Thanks to an awesome Service Advisor (Mike Nolan) who really cared about my concerns with the truck and did an excellent job communicating while my Mav was being worked on. It turned out to be a great experience - the service guys spent a bunch of time finding and fixing my dash rattle, Replaced a seat belt buckle to get rid of the 'rear belt monitor fault' dash warning, looked at my transmission shifting issues and I believe did a software update, made several other software updates, and got my rear airbag(s) ordered for the recall. I drove my Mav around after getting it back this afternoon - it drives and shifts perfect and no more dash rattle (y).

Kudos to Capitol Ford Service and to Mike Nolan for such a great experience and fixing my truck issues ...the first time ...its really appreciated! :)

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alright, after going half crazy from the squeak and all the helpful info in this thread, I decided to give it a go to remove one of these pegs. My creak seemed like it was coming from the right side. I removed the A Pillar. It’s really easy by squeezing the pillar itself at the top and bottom and pulling up. It’ll still be connected at the bottom by the tweeter grill most likely. That’s fine, just leave it hanging there. Next, pull the corner of the headliner down and you’ll see this:
4DFEAC88-205B-44A4-809F-734521D50CE2.jpeg
That white post is the squeaky wheel. It goes through a very thin piece of sheet metal. I actually pried the sheet metal down rather easily with a flathead screwdriver. I don’t believe it’s for anything other than aligning the windshield. I used an oscillating saw to cut it off between the sheet metal tab and the flat plastic base of this peg. There’s not much room but just take your time.
707D31DA-09D9-4FDD-BEB9-EB102BE6A3BF.jpeg
C5ACB782-B2F6-4C44-824C-285C1D5CFF59.jpeg
This appears to have stopped by rattle and creak. I should say that if you’re not comfortable doing this, have your dealer check it out.
Thanks for the details. I have the same Ryobi. I need to remove my A-pillar cover in order to work on the stupid dash speakers. I will do this at the same time. Is it only on the passenger side? I would think there are several?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Passenger and driver's side. Removing the sunvisor helps: pop the cover off at the base of it and there's a T20 torx head screw. The extra headliner movement that offers is especially helpful on the driver's side where the steering wheel makes it harder to angle to get at.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Video would be awesome….just saying haha

Sponsored

Lofton

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the details. I have the same Ryobi. I need to remove my A-pillar cover in order to work on the stupid dash speakers. I will do this at the same time. Is it only on the passenger side? I would think there are several?
It's my understanding there are only 2 of these alignment pins/pucks; one in each top corner. My creaks and cracks sounded like they were coming from the passenger side.

lilzip24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took my Lariat in last week for the dash rattle. the dealer had an Engineer come out to take a look. They had the truck for 2 days and confirmed the rattle. I showed them this thread in the forum, but despite my efforts they said they didn't know how to fix it and must wait to hear back from the factory.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took my Lariat in last week for the dash rattle. the dealer had an Engineer come out to take a look. They had the truck for 2 days and confirmed the rattle. I showed them this thread in the forum, but despite my efforts they said they didn't know how to fix it and must wait to hear back from the factory.
please keep us updated .

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
please keep us updated .
Had a dash rattle that sounded like a wiring harness connector tapping on back of instrument cluster. Now that it’s warmer, it’s no longer there. Hope it doesn’t come back next winter.

lilzip24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a dash rattle that sounded like a wiring harness connector tapping on back of instrument cluster. Now that it’s warmer, it’s no longer there. Hope it doesn’t come back next winter.
Yeh definitely a good way to explain it. It's for sure temperature dependent.
Sponsored