First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To all of you out there with the annoying dash rattle, I had the rattle on bumpy roads like many of you and got no help from my dealer fixing it. I remembered an earlier post of someone saying that they ran a wire down the pillar post for their auto dim mirror and after they put the plastic cover back on their rattle stopped, Well by chance I looked at my pillar plastic cover and guess what? The rubber trim was on the wrong side of the cover only 20% was over the cover and the rest was under the cover,so I used my key and slid it down the cover moving the rubber onto the outside of the cover and the rattle is now a distant memory!!
Good luck and hopefully you'll be saying what rattle 😉
Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's sad you have to fix it yourself. I have read all the pros and cons about dealers. In my opinion most are worthless. And the consumer would be better off without them.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To all of you out there with the annoying dash rattle, I had the rattle on bumpy roads like many of you and got no help from my dealer fixing it. I remembered an earlier post of someone saying that they ran a wire down the pillar post for their auto dim mirror and after they put the plastic cover back on their rattle stopped, Well by chance I looked at my pillar plastic cover and guess what? The rubber trim was on the wrong side of the cover only 20% was over the cover and the rest was under the cover,so I used my key and slid it down the cover moving the rubber onto the outside of the cover and the rattle is now a distant memory!!
Good luck and hopefully you'll be saying what rattle 😉
And you've just illustrated the beauty of having this forum for us to discuss our complaints about this truck as well as the things we love. Someone's post triggered you into looking at something you hadn't considered. Glad to hear your rattle is gone.
Sponsored