Sponsored

Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance)

marcosfranca

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finnaly got it fixed. Tried everything before including disassembling the dash, colums and other parts... Just put some silicone spray between the dash ans windshield, from one colum to the other. The clicking is gone! Hope you can fix with this tip too! Cheers!

Ford Maverick Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance) 20230207_073810

Ford Maverick Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance) 20230207_073830
Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This worked???? I can’t wait to try.

Mmontano

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick!!! 2015 Mustang; 2021 Mach-E
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
reposting from here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ield-and-dash-rattle.26020/page-8#post-507532

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience with the windshield rattle (2023 XLT) that is affecting some of you.

I started hearing the rattling at about 1500 miles and it seemed to be affected by both weather and road conditions (the rougher the road the worse the rattle got).
Luckily for me a Ford rep was monitoring this forum and helped me create a case with Ford. I took my truck to my local dealership and I again I was super lucky to get a Great Service Advisor and a even Better Tech to be proactive and helped me out.
The truck was in the shop for about 1 week and after numerous attempts, the Tech did in fact diagnose that the rattle was a misaligned windshield. The dealership had a local glass guy come out and adjust the windshield's mounting and the rattle is a thing of the past.

Now I can drive in peace and hear all the other road noises that the rattle/tick were keeping me from hearing 😅!

Thank you Ford rep and Service/Tech team that helped me out.

Sump

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookiesinthewoods.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick, 19 Cayman GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finnaly got it fixed. Tried everything before including disassembling the dash, colums and other parts... Just put some silicone spray between the dash ans windshield, from one colum to the other. The clicking is gone! Hope you can fix with this tip too! Cheers!

20230207_073810.png
Dang I might have to try this.

To update on mine from a few pages ago. I got a new windshield this week. Click is WORSE. o_O It seems less temperature dependant. I was actually going to try to take apart the dash a bit today but maybe I'll try this first.

It's such a 'small' click that somehow echos off the windshield but louder than comfortable listening volume. Driving me nuts though, makes me want to not drive the truck.

Sponsored

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
reposting from here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ield-and-dash-rattle.26020/page-8#post-507532

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience with the windshield rattle (2023 XLT) that is affecting some of you.

I started hearing the rattling at about 1500 miles and it seemed to be affected by both weather and road conditions (the rougher the road the worse the rattle got).
Luckily for me a Ford rep was monitoring this forum and helped me create a case with Ford. I took my truck to my local dealership and I again I was super lucky to get a Great Service Advisor and a even Better Tech to be proactive and helped me out.
The truck was in the shop for about 1 week and after numerous attempts, the Tech did in fact diagnose that the rattle was a misaligned windshield. The dealership had a local glass guy come out and adjust the windshield's mounting and the rattle is a thing of the past.

Now I can drive in peace and hear all the other road noises that the rattle/tick were keeping me from hearing 😅!

Thank you Ford rep and Service/Tech team that helped me out.
My lord, that is scary if we all might need to get that done. Plus 25 pages of post on the topic.

joeboxer22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this fixed today at my dealer . It’s the windshield installation pucks he called them . When the body flexes the pucks rub the windshield . They had to remove pillar trim and headliner and remove the pucks. I assume they are alignment pegs of some sort for the machine to line up windshield when installing. Drove it home and no more creaking or clicking ( which I thought was dash ). I’m very happy with my maverick again it was driving me nuts . I came from Honda and Toyota products so I guess I’m picky but a new truck shouldn’t creak that bad and loud .

Stan C

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Maverick scheduled to be built 1/23/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took delivery of my 2023 Lariat Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost on 2/10/23 [ Original order 11/1/21]. My wife heard a noise in the dash yesterday while driving at 35 MPH. I finally heard the noise and it sounded similar to a speaker going bad , however when I turned the radio off the noise continued . I currently have 135 miles on the truck. So far I'm happy with this vehicle in spite of the noise in the dash . Hopefully my dealer can resolve the issue .

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this fixed today at my dealer . It’s the windshield installation pucks he called them . When the body flexes the pucks rub the windshield . They had to remove pillar trim and headliner and remove the pucks. I assume they are alignment pegs of some sort for the machine to line up windshield when installing. Drove it home and no more creaking or clicking ( which I thought was dash ). I’m very happy with my maverick again it was driving me nuts . I came from Honda and Toyota products so I guess I’m picky but a new truck shouldn’t creak that bad and loud .
Thank you for the detailed information on resolution. I Will mention it to my dealer when I take it in for the drop-in bed liner this week. He, as I figured, knew nothing about such an issue.

joeboxer22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the detailed information on resolution. I Will mention it to my dealer when I take it in for the drop-in bed liner this week. He, as I figured, knew nothing about such an issue.
My dealer didn’t either but he realized if you pushed on windshield noise stopped. They called some ford hotline he said and they advised them to remove those alignment “pucks” he called them . I’m so glad they fixed it I was imagining dash coming out etc and it seems those type of things never go back perfect like they did on assembly line . I saw where others said it stopped when windshield was changed also so they prob remove those things also for aftermarket windshield .

Sponsored

Sump

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookiesinthewoods.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

This is interesting, I need to go back to my dealer to see what the next step is. Do you mind sharing what dealership removed these installation pucks for you? Then maybe I can have my service manager talk to them.

My guess is when my dealer replaced my windshield these pucks are still present with the clicking now being louder. Thanks!

joeboxer22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is interesting, I need to go back to my dealer to see what the next step is. Do you mind sharing what dealership removed these installation pucks for you? Then maybe I can have my service manager talk to them.

My guess is when my dealer replaced my windshield these pucks are still present with the clicking now being louder. Thanks!
Email me and I can provide a pic of the description on the service work order. Id rather not bother the actual dealership about it, they are so busy as it is and short staffed. [email protected] is my email

Sump

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookiesinthewoods.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Email me and I can provide a pic of the description on the service work order. Id rather not bother the actual dealership about it, they are so busy as it is and short staffed. is my email
Thanks! I blanked out your email from the reply if you don't want it up here, I'll shoot you an email thanks!

Sump

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookiesinthewoods.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I finally got to the bottom of this. Thanks to the help of joeboxer22.

I think when most people are getting their windshield replaced, the techs are removing the alignment dowels that are used at the factory for the robots to align the windshield. When mine was replaced, those dowels were left in but not needed when a human is replacing the windshield. Here is a pic of what the dowel looks like:

Ford Maverick Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance) UbGCHjy

There is direct contact there of hard plastic and the sheet metal of the roof.

We had to drop the headliner for the airbag recall anyway, filed the dowels down a bit and put some foam tape between the dowel and the metal.

Got about 200 miles on the truck in varying temps and safe to say the click is finally gone!

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Be nice if there was a detailed video or instructions so we can DIY. Especially for those that don't want to waste time and possibly lose truck for days running to multiple dealers. Ultimately being told they can't replicate issue or it's normal.

Is the pic pointing at what looks like a bracket with an x? Is there more than one that needs to be removed/filed?
Sponsored

Last edited: