Sponsored

Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance)

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i too have a rattle on rough roads coming somewhere in the drives dash but even worse than that i get a wind whistling noise from the passenger door at anything above 40mph....
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE on my Window/Dash/A-Pillar Rattle!

It's GONE, After having my Windshield Replaced.

My Windshield was replaced a week ago, 5/2, by Safelite due to a crack on the passenger side from a rock. I was suspecting/hoping this would fix the Rattle that's been there since I purchased the truck.
I tried to get my Ford dealer to look at it, was told it would be a MONTH before I could even get an appointment to have it looked at.

There were initially a few rattles/popping noises the first 2 days after having the windshield replaced which were concerning(one was in the top center.) However, they subsided(I'm guessing the sealant has to cure) and a week later, No Rattles. Very Pleased.

So in a way, my Windshield cracking was really a blessing. I paid a $100 State Farm deductible, and didn't have to wait Months for Ford to TRY and find/fix the issue. Which is almost Certainly insufficient sealing of the Windshield to the truck.
Nice - Was it replaced by the OEM Acoustic windshield ?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice - Was it replaced by the OEM Acoustic windshield ?
Yes. Safelite ordered it from Ford. Same Acoustic Windshield with the SoundScreen Logo on the passenger side.

One thing I'm curious about is how you know if the Heated Wiper Park works when its not winter. The manual says "When you switch the heated mirrors on, the heated wiper park also turns on."

I can definitely feel the mirrors get warm, but nothing in the wiper park area. Searching other Ford threads, some say it has to be below a certain temperature. Not sure if that applies to the Maverick or not. Guess I could make a post to see if others with the Lariat Lux can feel heat in the wiper park area with heated mirrors turned on.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. Safelite ordered it from Ford. Same Acoustic Windshield with the SoundScreen Logo on the passenger side.

One thing I'm curious about is how you know if the Heated Wiper Park works when its not winter. The manual says "When you switch the heated mirrors on, the heated wiper park also turns on."

I can definitely feel the mirrors get warm, but nothing in the wiper park area. Searching other Ford threads, some say it has to be below a certain temperature. Not sure if that applies to the Maverick or not. Guess I could make a post to see if others with the Lariat Lux can feel heat in the wiper park area with heated mirrors turned on.
Yeah that's something. We have a Highlander in which someone before us replaced the windshield and the heated wiper park never did anything since we owned the car.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah that's something. We have a Highlander in which someone before us replaced the windshield and the heated wiper park never did anything since we owned the car.
Hopefully they hooked it up properly. I believe the connection is under the Trim above the rear view mirror near the camera. Safelite has a lifetime warranty, so I guess if it's not working come winter I can go back to them and have it looked at.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully they hooked it up properly. I believe the connection is under the Trim above the rear view mirror near the camera. Safelite has a lifetime warranty, so I guess if it's not working come winter I can go back to them and have it looked at.
Now we need someone with an infared heat gun thermometer / Lariat owner to get us some temp readings with that de/icer option turned on -)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
i too have a rattle on rough roads coming somewhere in the drives dash but even worse than that i get a wind whistling noise from the passenger door at anything above 40mph....
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Jmav216

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone figured out what the ticking or rattle noise is on the passenger side dashboard area I've been scrolling through this thread and I've yep to see a solution?? My noise is on the passenger side – area at low and high speed

samesea2012

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
check the
Has anyone figured out what the ticking or rattle noise is on the passenger side dashboard area I've been scrolling through this thread and I've yep to see a solution?? My noise is on the passenger side – area at low and high speed
check the area of the trim right below the black plastic, triangular piece thats forward of the window. mine could be "pushed" forward which made it kinda click/squeak when going over bumps

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Chicho

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gonzalo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, I'm from Argentina, Buenos Aires. I am very happy with my car, but I have the annoying noise that everyone talks about in the front windshield or roof. I understand that it is also a problem of dilation of the glass due to the low temperature. I await news, I already contacted Ford for the guarantee.-

ReadyMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just clicked over 2000 miles and this noise has started. Any updates from anyone? Windshield replacement seems like one solution. Any one have an experience with a dealer where they solved it a different way?

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just clicked over 2000 miles and this noise has started. Any updates from anyone? Windshield replacement seems like one solution. Any one have an experience with a dealer where they solved it a different way?
Nothing for me. I go back to the dealer for the 4th (or 5th, don't know anymore) time next week...
Sponsored