First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do they expect people to get financing? Vehicles depreciate, when you drive them off the lot already. In the case of a multi-thousand dollar ADM, they would have to require gap insurance.
And if you buy gap ins through dealer he gets commission for selling it to you.
Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was at the AutoNation Honda Dealership in Lewisville TX to get a 4-Wheel Alignment done on the wife's 2009 Honda CR-V Ex. While I was there there were only three vehicles in the display area. Two were used and the new one was a "2021 Honda Civic Type-R" MSRP of $44,990. Dealer ADM of $25,000 plus dealer added Tint $399, Clear Guard $395, Protection Package $499. Total Price $71,238 before TT&L o_O

Outside in the new car lot they had a total of 13 Cars/SUV's with ADM fees of $10,000 + the above dealer adds.

Civic Type-R - Front.JPG

Window Sticker.JPG

Dealer ADM.JPG
One of these sold on Bring a Trailer today for over $100k (had 16 miles on it)

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's an excellent video on documentation fees vs dealer add on fees

Thanks a lot for the detailed video explanations, now I got what we are paying for.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
One of these sold on Bring a Trailer today for over $100k (had 16 miles on it)
I wish I could say I'm surprised... could you even imagine paying that for one of those?

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's good a question i would like to know that myself also
And the sad thing is Ford turns a blind eye to dealers extorting the consumer above and beyond MSRP which even at that the dealer still makes a tidy profit

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The consumer is not blameless. If a consumer had ordered and waited like the majority of us on the board, they would not be extorted. There is a certain amount of co-dependency in the extortion.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As the old saying goes, it takes two to tangle. ;)

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The consumer is not blameless. If a consumer had ordered and waited like the majority of us on the board, they would not be extorted. There is a certain amount of co-dependency in the extortion.
The consumer is actually completely at blame, IMO. Everyone just stop buying cars at markup, and see what happens....

If someday, we could ever harness "the power of the people", what a world it would be.

jcnnjc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST , Alto Blue Maverick awd fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just go to autotrader.com and do a search for maverick’s in your area, here in the Atlanta area there are many more than I would have though, some at MSRP, many a little above some way above! If you have to have it now, you are going to pay, lol

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find it a bit comical people are calling out dealerships for this when even Long McArthur Ford which many of us rely on and look to for information also has a maverick listed above MSRP. They even shared that auction sites are offering $6,000+ above msrp to dealerships to buy their units so why wouldn’t they do it as that makes sense when you are running a business especially when supply is extremely limited. It also makes good business sense to list above msrp for dealerships that get a unit in for hopes of it being able to stay on their lot longer so that it can be used as a showroom vehicle or for test drives which in turn could generate even more sales and profit.

Look at it differently: last year as toilet paper and paper towels were hard to find as supply was low and they bumped prices up 20%+ pretty sure we still paid it. As the deep freeze happened and heaters nearly doubled in price also pretty sure we still paid it. Meat and eggs prices up 16-28% with a meat surge of 40%+ pretty sure we still paid it. Needed wood and freaked at the cost they were selling for bet you still paid it. Had a furnace go out and the rate went from $110/hr to $225/hr still needed heat so still paid it. Do I think there is a limit yes however this makes perfect business sense and if anyone on here owned their own dealership or really any business that has a product or service that is limited or in high demand you’d be considering the exact same thing.
Did you have to order toilet paper or a heater and the price changed? If not then apples to oranges. During weather events are some government entities going after price gougers?

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Since I sold my previous car to carvana I thought would see what they would offer on my maverick. It was a manual offer that took 5 days to get. Offer was $33k on $30.8k MSRP truck, so after taxes and fees pretty much break even offer price. Not planning on selling, but interesting to see.

When the carvana guy came to pick up my previous car he said he just got done buying a Bronco sport with 15k miles on it for $6k more than the owner paid for it a year ago.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
CrossRoads Ford dealers in North Carolina doing same. Will not be doing business with them. Surprisingly found a few Mavericks for sale at smaller dealership and their selling at msrp. Their getting my business.
Crossroad and Capital are the worst car dealers in my opinion, almost as bad as crown. Had to drive to Hickory to get my wife’s bronco sport. I’m trying out Leith in Wendell for my Maverick order.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Call me old-school, but I've always had good luck with looking someone in the eye and a hand shake. These days of doing everything online, it's easy to be "unpersonal", and behave in ways one might not if face-to-face.

When I ordered, had a face-to-face with the sales manager, and shook hands on the Mav I wanted priced on x-plan. I have no reservations about this not happening when the truck is delivered.

Diligent research on who you are dealing with also helps. :)

At the end of the day, everyone answers to their own God, and will be judged accordingly.
Amen! And it’s time to stop rewarding these larger dealers taking advantage, when some of the small town dealers in our communities would appreciate the business/order.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And the sad thing is Ford turns a blind eye to dealers extorting the consumer above and beyond MSRP which even at that the dealer still makes a tidy profit
Here we go again. The laws passed 40-60(?) Years ago because of anti price fixing suits to prevent wholesellers from telling retailers what to charge. The retailers are free from that restriction leaving the supplier free to only suggest what to charge. The local cities for many different reasons, outcries from citizens to reduce vehicle traffic, pass zoning laws to try to control things. Ford cannot refuse to sell something to a franchisee if they charge different +/- from MSRP. Nada Ford cannot do that or someone could sue them for that difference in price.
Sponsored