JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate the expression "It is what it is," but it fits with the resale of any sort of desired item. It is tempting to think that Mav fans are just in it together and altruistically look out for other fans, but money on the table says otherwise. It is also true that no one is forcing you to buy it from someone who is marking it up sharply. If it is worth that to you, then so be it.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the reddit /mavericktruck, some guy picked up his hybrid in Minnesota, says he got the invoice price...

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I am a tool.
If I wanted to pull a tool move like paying thousands extra for a Maverick because I don't want to wait, that's on me.
If I wanted to pull a tool move and sell my Maverick for thousands extra and you bought it, that's on you.
Instant gratification often comes at a price.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I am a tool.
Is this what they say at the start of a "Tools Anonymous" meeting?

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this what they say at the start of a "Tools Anonymous" meeting?
Hi, My name is Randy and I'm an alco... Oh wait, wrong meeting.....

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The video watches like it was put together by dealers to justify charging over MSRP. I shopped around and got a killer deal at MSRP + low dealer fees. That dealer has my loyalty for any Ford purchase.

In the long term this reinforces the negative perception of dealers as scoundrels. It hurts the Ford brand. If the consumer has the option of picking up a Lil’ Colorado instead of a Maverick in 2 years and heard that Ford dealers are scummy folks who constantly over charge, they might walk across the street. Ford needs some corporate stores and good dealers who consistently treat the consumer fairly.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i order my maverick on oct 25th from town and country ford pell city al.they went out of there way to help me build my maverick to my expectations at msrp plus all extra options with a 350 prc/doc-fee plus state and local taxes out the door.the dealer rep mr james holladay presented me with a build sheet that had my total price and optins listed and signed by dealer rep and by me with my order# listed and dealer sales code listed and it was verified to me from ford mtr co by e-mail that same day.

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a click baity dog s video. It is a dude literally narrating comments from the Maverick subreddit, and it is sponsored...lol I guess I need to start a youtube channel. This is a notch above the bot channels that use a robo voice to narrate recycled footage.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The video watches like it was put together by dealers to justify charging over MSRP. I shopped around and got a killer deal at MSRP + low dealer fees. That dealer has my loyalty for any Ford purchase.

In the long term this reinforces the negative perception of dealers as scoundrels. It hurts the Ford brand. If the consumer has the option of picking up a Lil’ Colorado instead of a Maverick in 2 years and heard that Ford dealers are scummy folks who constantly over charge, they might walk across the street. Ford needs some corporate stores and good dealers who consistently treat the consumer fairly.
Granger Ford has a $3 grand off MSRP but for EcoBoost only, and you have go pick it up or get it shipped

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Granger Ford has a $3 grand off MSRP but for EcoBoost only, and you have go pick it up or get it shipped
I saw that. My Mav is sitting in the driveway. If it wasn’t, I’d be placing an order with them. This is what I’m talking about with “good dealers.” A dealer in Iowa is widely known in an enthusiast club for being aggressive in pricing in a way that benefits them, existing orders, and future customers. That’s an example of the market working appropriately. Even Adam Smith felt controls on the market were a positive force to prevent “ruthless selfishness, greed and rapacity from leading to socially harmful outcomes.” Granger is building their brand, helping Ford, and consumers. Simply saying, “we’re charging more because the market will allow it” is being shellfish and not considering the broader good.

Worth a look: https://academic.oup.com/cje/article-abstract/40/2/615/2605099

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw that. My Mav is sitting in the driveway. If it wasn’t, I’d be placing an order with them. This is what I’m talking about with “good dealers.” A dealer in Iowa is widely known in an enthusiast club for being aggressive in pricing in a way that benefits them, existing orders, and future customers. That’s an example of the market working appropriately. Even Adam Smith felt controls on the market were a positive force to prevent “ruthless selfishness, greed and rapacity from leading to socially harmful outcomes.” Granger is building their brand, helping Ford, and consumers. Simply saying, “we’re charging more because the market will allow it” is being shellfish and not considering the broader good.

Worth a look: https://academic.oup.com/cje/article-abstract/40/2/615/2605099
And that still allows them to make a decent profit and get more allocations for the 2023

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And that still allows them to make a decent profit and get more allocations for the 2023
Yep. 100% That’s a market working appropriately and for the common good. Charging 5k-10k over MSRP is wonderful in the short term for one person to turn a quick profit, but harmful to the overall market.
Sponsored