Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is one from Miami...
1635465533760.png
Hate to respond to a first page post when 15 follow, but holy crap…
My hatred for dealerships is going to go through some healthy growth reading this thread
Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm puzzled to see so many posts where people speculate about what might happen when their Maverick comes in -- theorizing about business ethics, business reputations, walking away, etc. -- when most folks could just go down to the dealership and either nail the deal down or have a pretty good idea that there is a problem.

So here's a question to a those of you who are wondering if your price is protected:

Why aren't you going in and trying to get a signed contract (Buyer's Order)?

I'm not pushing you to do it. It's a real question. I'm just wondering why.
I have not done so because I have never seen the Maverick in person (and I have specific needs of the back seat for my dogs) and have never driven on obviously. As weird as ordering one sight unseen was, a contract for one seems even more weird

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not done so because I have never seen the Maverick in person (and I have specific needs of the back seat for my dogs) and have never driven on obviously. As weird as ordering one sight unseen was, a contract for one seems even more weird
You can still walk if you don't like the vehicle, the contract just protects your price in case you do end up buying. It's actually better for the dealer of you do walk, then they can mark it up & put it in stock.

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How do they expect people to get financing? Vehicles depreciate, when you drive them off the lot already. In the case of a multi-thousand dollar ADM, they would have to require gap insurance.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As weird as ordering one sight unseen was, a contract for one seems even more weird
You can still walk if you don't like the vehicle, the contract just protects your price
If you're not sure you want to buy the truck, a little concern about signing a contract is certainly reasonable. There are two things you might think about:

(1) It may be possible (depending on the dealer) to sign a contract with an "escape clause" that lets you out without penalty if you don't like the truck. I did that with my dealer and -- given that no one had seen the truck at that time -- he was ok with it.

(2) It's true the dealer might be happy to keep your truck if you don't want it, but some contracts also allow them to keep your deposit. They end up having your cake and eating it too.

Reactions: TCK

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was at the AutoNation Honda Dealership in Lewisville TX to get a 4-Wheel Alignment done on the wife's 2009 Honda CR-V Ex. While I was there there were only three vehicles in the display area. Two were used and the new one was a "2021 Honda Civic Type-R" MSRP of $44,990. Dealer ADM of $25,000 plus dealer added Tint $399, Clear Guard $395, Protection Package $499. Total Price $71,238 before TT&L o_O

Outside in the new car lot they had a total of 13 Cars/SUV's with ADM fees of $10,000 + the above dealer adds.

Ford Maverick Price gouging dealership Civic Type-R - Front.JPG

Ford Maverick Price gouging dealership Window Sticker.JPG

Ford Maverick Price gouging dealership Dealer ADM.JPG

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the new lingo - "Market Value Adjustment." I think they oughta just call it what it is - "Sucker Tax." Or perhaps "Dealer Greed Fee?"

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the new lingo - "Market Value Adjustment." I think they oughta just call it what it is - "Sucker Tax." Or perhaps "Dealer Greed Fee?"
The salesperson even had the gall to spout BS that the $25,000 ADM fee was forced by Honda and not the dealership.

Rule #1: Salesmen lie

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am still wondering why dealers are charging doc fees? Are all the information coming from our customers?
How accurate can they pass long the information to MVA or DMV?
Here's an excellent video on documentation fees vs dealer add on fees

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The past 11 years I have bought from Riverside Ford in Macon GA. Same salesperson, always felt like I was treated fairly. Always paid cash. we bought a used 08 GT500, 14 Mustang , 17 Mustang, 17 Fusion, 20 F150. My salesman passed away this year so we decided to try the dealership closer to home since we moved further away from Riverside Ford.

I ordered the Maverick from Phil Brannen Ford of Perry GA. I signed a buyers order for the total delivered price. I would not have done any better anywhere else.

$23,750 MSRP XL, bedliner, moonroof, floor mats, copilot 360, rear window, trailer hitch, tailgate lock.
$1,620.23 GA TVAT
$78 GA tag fee
$799 Doc Fee
$26,247.23 OTD
You did well. I saw an ad for Riverside Ford on my Facebook page and they were marking up an in stock Maverick by $6500. I commented on their post and they removed it. I ordered mine at Lithia Springs Ford. They accepted X Plan price with no dealer add-ons like paint protection etc.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's an excellent video on documentation fees vs dealer add on fees

OMG what a bunch of bogus reasons that we should be grateful for paying the DOC fee:

Reasons given:

Check Vehicle Safety History
Provide Full Condition Information on Window Label
Discuss and Disclose Accurate Vehicle Mileage
Keep Personal Info Secure
Emissions Testing

Okay I stopped watching at that point as everything he stated is not a valid reason for DOC fees on a NEW Vehicle.

This video is complete dealership BS in justifying their DOC Fees which in reality is a pure profit generator for the dealership.

Another video I watched says that in the finance office cross out the Doc Fee and write in $75 as a bunch of States have that as a limit to what the max doc fee can be.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The salesperson even had the gall to spout BS that the $25,000 ADM fee was forced by Honda and not the dealership.

Rule #1: Salesmen lie
Such an outright lie crosses the line, AFAIC. Dealers can mark stuff up all they want, but don't lie about it. Admit your greed, take it or leave it. I would look for service elsewhere if I were you.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OMG what a bunch of bogus reasons that we should be grateful for paying the DOC fee:

Reasons given:

Check Vehicle Safety History
Provide Full Condition Information on Window Label
Discuss and Disclose Accurate Vehicle Mileage
Keep Personal Info Secure
Emissions Testing

Okay I stopped watching at that point as everything he stated is not a valid reason for DOC fees on a NEW Vehicle.

This video is complete dealership BS in justifying their DOC Fees which in reality is a pure profit generator for the dealership.

Another video I watched says that in the finance office cross out the Doc Fee and write in $75 as a bunch of States have that as a limit to what the max doc fee can be.
Agree, I ordered my Mav in late June when the dealer was requiring $199 doc/admin fee. In August the Missouri Governor increased dealer fees to $500 where they have to return 10% to the State. That is a 150% increase and $250 profit. Now the dealers are adding $499 for every used or new vehicle sold. A new vehicle doesn't require all those bogus reasons. I will fight this increase when my Mav arrives.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Was at a Honda dealer Tuesday evening this week for some work to be done and the entire dealership only had 2 new vehicles present. I didn’t even look at prices. Most dealers now are very hard to even visit with all the blood laying around on the floors from the sharks shredding all the customers.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I refused to pay. They will give me a temp permit and I will go to the DMV and pay TTL myself.
Sponsored