First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2023 hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We ordered the 2023 Hybrid XL Maverick in September in SC. They will not match the MSRP for the 2024 order The price has increased almost $3000 for the 2024. We have not been scheduled or even received a VIN number.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kingfish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We ordered the 2023 Hybrid XL Maverick in September in SC. They will not match the MSRP for the 2024 order and they will not return the 1000.00 deposit if we do not receive the 2023, Is anyone else having the same issue? The price has increased almost $3000 for the 2024. We have not been scheduled or even received a VIN number. Ford Marketing said we could move the order to another dealership but that dealership has no incentive to do a price match and we still lose the original deposit. Sad that so many are honoring the price match and we are screwed no matter which way we proceed.
I might misunderstand this, but I don't think any dealerships are price matching because they're paying more for the 24s, too.

I believe the solution is coming from Ford in the form of a private offer, essentially a rebate specifically for you to cover the cost increase between model years.

Happy to have anyone correct me if I've misunderstood.

Meverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
they will not return the 1000.00 deposit if we do not receive the 2023
I answered your post in another thread. But, how do they not refund a deposit on a 2023 Maverick order when they are unable to provide you with the 2023 Maverick you ordered? Call the dealer's General Manager. If you get no satisfactory resolution, call the state attorney-general's office. You may have to wait until 2023 production ends.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No Dealer is going to match the 2023 price on an ordered 2024 model. Don't expect them to.

Down Payment is another outcome. You WILL get that back. There are laws in most states that cover down payments, making them almost useless anyway. More of a mind game.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not only did your dealership explain it perfectly to you based on your last post, but there are countless threads here with the exact messaging from ford on this.

If all steps are completed, you will get a private offer from FORD. not sure why you refuse to accept that answer

Sponsored

Mikeetch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Alto Blue XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are many posts where the dealership is honoring the old price and the Ford website states they will price match.

The Ford website says it will price match?

Meverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're getting what everybody else is getting towards the increased pricing. If you don't want to accept the uncertainty and want your deposit back, don't allow them to put in a 2024 order covered by your original 2023 order deposit.

As another poster mentioned, virtually all deposits on unbuilt vehicles in most–not all–states are refundable. Don't believe your dealer, find out the answer for your particular case in your state from someone besides the dealer.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dealer is not going to price match. Maverick is not a higgh profit vehicle either. You should get a private offer from Ford which should make up most of the difference. Don't sweat the petty things. The price is now higher, but Ford is compensating. Join Farm Bureau and get a $500 rebate.

OP
OP

Twin0521

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2023 hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
price match = private offer from Ford.
It says nothing about a private offer...it says if it is unscheduled and no changes....Ford will price protect

Customers with unscheduled 2023 model-year Maverick orders should contact their existing dealer to submit a 2024 model-year Maverick® order, which will be price protected to match 2023 pricing. Any new content on a 2024 order not included in the original order will be negotiated and priced by their dealer. We will open the order bank for 2024 Maverick orders on July 17, 2023.

Just looking for clarification on an offer since the build price we are having to sign with the dealership is quite a bit more now...

Last edited:

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm confused about what the confusion is about.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was the response I just received...

"as a consumer myself I understand exactly where you are coming from. Bear in mind it is not ###### Ford offering a price match, it is Ford Motor Company. From what our Ford rep told me yesterday roll over orders from 23 to 24 will get a private offer tied to their name/vin. I completely understand skepticism and lack of faith. Again I am a consumer myself, and I completely understand where you’re coming from."

This is the first I have heard about a private offer and it does not mention that on the Ford FAQ page. It states:

Customers with unscheduled 2023 model-year Maverick orders should contact their existing dealer to submit a 2024 model-year Maverick® order, which will be price protected to match 2023 pricing. Any new content on a 2024 order not included in the original order will be negotiated and priced by their dealer. We will open the order bank for 2024 Maverick orders on July 17, 2023.

We will match new 2024 orders against existing 2023 unscheduled orders to help ensure their truck is prioritized for production. To prioritize their orders, customers will need to submit their 2024 order with the same dealer who has their 2023 order. Customers may change aspects of the 2024 order, such as trim series, powertrain, options/packages or paint colors, to meet their needs.

They want us to sign a build sheet for $3000 more then the original build sheet so does anyone have confirmation the incentive will be for the 2023 price? We called the Ford Marketing Center yesterday and they stated each dealership is individually owned and operated and it is up to the dealership whether they honor the price match. So, they did not say the dealership would, but that they could. As far as our deposit being returned, will have to figure that out too if we never receive the vehicle in the contract. It does state it is no refundable but if we do not receive a vehicle, they would not have any legal standing to keep the deposit. This is a mess.
No dealer will "price match" an old order.

There is no "price match" or "price protection" from Ford on model year transitions.

Ford certainly does not use the best descriptions in their communications. As others have said, there will be a private "model year transition offer" from Ford. Ford has not yet released details. I don't expect we will know anything for another month.

This private offer will not be an exact price match to your 23 order. The offer will not be customized to every customer. It will be tied to your 23 build. For 22->23 there will two offers, based on powertrain.
For 23->24, based on what Ford has said so far, I expect it to be based on trim level and power train. So I think there will be 6 different amounts. XL hybrid, XL EB, etc. Time will tell whether I am correct or not.

If they tell you ahead of time the deposit is non-refundable, and you give them the deposit, that is your choice.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It says nothing about a private offer...it says if it is unscheduled and no changes....Ford will price match

We will match new 2024 orders against existing 2023 unscheduled orders to help ensure their truck is prioritized for production. To prioritize their orders, customers will need to submit their 2024 order with the same dealer who has their 2023 order. Customers may change aspects of the 2024 order, such as trim series, powertrain, options/packages or paint colors, to meet their needs.
Ford will provide an incentive to 2023 Maverick orders that rollover to 2024. Exact amount of that incentive is not announced. Not yet.

Stop using the phrase "price matching" is my recommendation. It's not helpful.

Additionally, Ford will provide you with an incentive, through your dealer, to offset any non‑equipment related price increases.
Place an order for a 2024 if you still want a Maverick. Don't delay. You will have priority for a 2024 and you will receive an incentive.

You have to place the order at your existing dealer. Don't make this difficult for yourself and for the dealership staff.

It would be expected you can obtain your deposit back if you don't rollover to a 24.
Sponsored