First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a way to report these examples to Ford? Really tarnishes their corporate image. 🤬
Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only legitimate fees are the ones you can verify on your state DMV’s website and/or taxing authority as applicable. The best way to buy a Ford in this market if you are not, or don’t know an employee, or retiree is Xplan, which is offered to an employee of a Ford supplier/partner, 100 shares of ford stock, or Mustang Club of America digital, or standard members only. That allows you to buy at a set price and pay a flat fee, and side step the doc fee markup. In other words a “fair” deal but that’s only if you control all other variables by selling your car elsewhere and not trade in, avoid all add on products and shop rates and get pre approved for financing before you walk in to pick up your new vehicle.

Dealerships started out with the doc fees, innocently enough, as a way to cover the cost of preparing your documents, now everything is electronic and those costs are minimal, I.e. you don’t have to pay someone to run the documents down to the dealer line at DMV. I can still remember the days it was just a notary fee. A large portion of their customers didn’t realize the fees kept going up, now $799+ until they got to the table, and/or too afraid to challenge it, or walk away for fear of being “that guy” yelling for their keys. The whole process is a hustle designed to make you love the new vehicle and uncomfortable to say anything for fear of missing out on this great deal that you just convinced yourself you are now getting. It’s just like the market adjustments, as long as people keep paying them, dealers will keep sticking them on the side of the vehicles. And that is the unfortunate truth.
The doc fee on my Mav purchase contract is $85.