First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. Wish he order from my dealer in Washington. They were all above board.
For the record my displeasure was not financial in nature but the way they tried twice to sell me a vehicle that was at another dealership without first securing the truck and even drew up a contract for one of them and went thru the finance etc. including my trade in and I signed for a truck/serial# and all and found out later they could not obtain it. They ended up getting a comparable one with addition of tech pkg. from Kirkland,Wa and I accepted it for the agreed upon terms. All in all a three day process of stress.
Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
My 78 year old Disable Vietnam vet ordered a 2022 Maverick back in June 2021. It has finally been built 14 month later. Should be delivered around the 15 month mark. Now the dealer (St Helens Ford auto center) has surprised him with a $10k markup. They flat out said they already have other dealers ready to buy it for 12-13k over MSRP and he should have picked a different dealer if he didn't want a mark up. I feel like they used his license and signature to get a order verified in the order banks, just to screw him over after the long wait.

Anyone have suggestions?
@Ford Motor Company

Have any help you can offer this person??

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 78 year old Disable Vietnam vet ordered a 2022 Maverick back in June 2021. It has finally been built 14 month later. Should be delivered around the 15 month mark. Now the dealer (St Helens Ford auto center) has surprised him with a $10k markup. They flat out said they already have other dealers ready to buy it for 12-13k over MSRP and he should have picked a different dealer if he didn't want a mark up. I feel like they used his license and signature to get a order verified in the order banks, just to screw him over after the long wait.

Anyone have suggestions?
If he got a window sticker with SPECIAL ORDER on it then only he can buy the truck unless he declines it, then the dealer owns it. Have him call Ford @ 1 800 334 4375, and tell them the problem. He will also pay the price he got when he ordered it, not the price on the sticker which is what the truck would cost on the day it was built. (Higher price on sticker)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sheepchops

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XTL Lux with 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If he got a window sticker with SPECIAL ORDER on it then only he can buy the truck unless he declines it, then the dealer owns it. Have him call Ford @ 1 800 334 4375, and tell them the problem. He will also pay the price he got when he ordered it, not the price on the sticker which is what the truck would cost on the day it was built. (Higher price on sticker)
Oh yeah. This is how it should work. This is the service I got from my dealership. They were very honest and straightforward.

My dad is not so lucky, so far.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The SIGNED document, the DORA, may be enough to satisfy the requirement of a written contract. As they say, 'it depends'.
GIven it was signed, and a deposit was made, and an agreement on price was reached, there's a good chance an attorney can get this squared away without big fees. Some will do it gratis for veterans.
The dealer may think they can buffalo a customer, and they CAN buffalo a lot of people into accepting their line of bull flop, but standing up and demanding they conform to their agreed-upon terms is something they may not be prepared to do. IOW, it could be "Well, Howie, give it a try and see if he bites on the extra $10k, and if he doesn't, go with the agreement."
Adding some public sentiment and exposing shady business tactics may cost the dealership a lot more than they would make on their odious deal.
One dissatisfied customer effects roughly TEN others, while one satisfied will affect fewer, so any dealers that know that will tend to avoid making stinky deals and practices part of their way of doing business.
GIve 'em H...
tom

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a lot of information given here and there are always 3 side to a story, yours, mine and the truth. If they promised to sell at MSRP or some other number does he have a copy of the orig order agreement? (probably not binding). If the dealer is just adding the 10k because they can you might try going to the dealer's general manager and complain and also contact Ford. Next social media and possibly your local newspaper or TV station. Everybody loves a juicy story but you want to have your ducks in a row otherwise it can bow up in your face. I can see the headlines now: Disabled veteran screwed by local Ford Dealer.
Guess I need to clarify my post. The OP didn't give us much info so was thinking the orig buyer should have his ducks in a row with the orig invoice which should show what he was going to pay for the truck. I am in no way defending the dealer or casting aspersions on the buyer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sheepchops

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess I need to clarify my post. The OP didn't give us much info so was thinking the orig buyer should have his ducks in a row with the orig invoice which should show what he was going to pay for the truck. I am in no way defending the dealer.
His signed DORA looks just like mine. Shows the special order build, itemized and the MSRP price for it. No fees added.

OP
OP

Sheepchops

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update::I got a response from the email I sent to the Ford communications directors office. It was then Forward to the local Ford rep who contacted the dealership owner. I received a call from owner who was apologetic and has promised MSRP

Sponsored

campngolf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cmax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update::I got a response from the email I sent to the Ford communications directors office. It was then Forward to the local Ford rep who contacted the dealership owner. I received a call from owner who was apologetic and has promised MSRP
That's great news. Glad you were able to get a good outcome. I wish Ford would get more involved in these sleazy dealer situations.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just be aware that this fight isn't over yet. The battle over msrp may have been won but the battle over dealer add-ons is just over the horizon. I hope that was addressed as well. If not, prepare for some more shenanigans.

OP
OP

Sheepchops

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just be aware that this fight isn't over yet. The battle over msrp may have been won but the battle over dealer add-ons is just over the horizon. I hope that was addressed as well. If not, prepare for some more shenanigans.
Yup we got a invoice with the final out the door price. But you're right. I won't be completely at ease until it is paid for and off then lot
Sponsored