First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depends if the vehicle is under warranty or not. If it is best to let the dealer do it so they have full records and if anything does go bad they can't point the finger back at you or whoever else did the oil change as the problem to void the warranty on a repair. If not I personally do it myself since I really don't trust the hired help these days to be overly competent and unlike other vehicles if they don't tighten down a filter or plug correctly you won't see the oil stain where your park it since it will drip onto the underbody protector.
Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my 2.0 eco boost oil change and tire rotation and it was $85.00 in St. Louis.
$33 for me to do my own oil change on my hybrid. All synthetic 0-20W and Motorcraft filter and the fact I know it was done right. I'm 66 and not afraid to get a little dirty.

MaverickTopGun

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Quagmire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a typo. That's the old certification
2020 Owner's Manuals: 5w-30 WSS-M2C946-B1
2021 & 2022 Owner's Manuals: 5w-30 WSS-M2C961-A1

No engine spec'ed 961-A, only 961-A1.
No oil (except Platinum with the possible typo) was formulated to 961-A.

Looks like WSS-M2C961-A maybe existed for just 1 week, if it ever existed at all.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's $70 at my Ford dealership. Figure they should be able to get it right and if they don't, I know where to go. Kinda no brainer.

Unless of course I had ramps or a lift in my garage. :)

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
" If I was to buy my own oil and filter it would be over $115 CAD "
II think you need to find a better place to buy your oil and filters. Mobil 1 is currently on sale at Costco for $34 USD for 6 quarts

Sponsored

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve been watching some YouTube videos on Maverick maintenance, most of which are from the States.

I’m curious, how much is an oil change at a Ford dealership in your area? Canada and the US.

I drive an F150 currently and at a dealer an oil change is $115 Canadian, or $85 USD. It takes 7.7qt of oil. If I was to buy my own oil and filter it would be over $115 CAD. That’s using a good name brand oil (Mobile 1, Pennzoil) and not a budget brand.

Do those of you who do your own oil changes just like to use your preferred brand of oil and trust only yourself to do maintenance on your vehicle? Unless oil is much cheaper in the States, I don’t see a financial benefit to doing your own oil changes.

I've been doing oil changes with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic and their filter for several years. I did the first oil change on my Mav, and it was straightforward. I like to use the bundles sold by Advance, but everyone has those nowadays.

Clark6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Buick GrandNational 1996 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid 2.5
Ford Maverick Oil Changes - Dealer or DIY 20230104_140655
Ford Maverick Oil Changes - Dealer or DIY 20230104_140721

Last edited:

Clark6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Buick GrandNational 1996 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One good thing about at the dealer they give me a carwash included after the oil change & tire rotation... I have a Great dealer but I will be doing it myself at some point probably after the warranty or every other change,, haven't decided yet.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
" If I was to buy my own oil and filter it would be over $115 CAD "
II think you need to find a better place to buy your oil and filters. Mobil 1 is currently on sale at Costco for $34 USD for 6 quarts
For context, here are Costco.ca prices, where if carried in-warehouse, the prices would be lower.

$66.88 CAD + HST for 10 qt Kirkland Signature full synthetic (would need to confirm if it officially meets Ford's spec).

0w20:
https://www.costco.ca/kirkland-sign...etic-motor-oil,-2-pack.product.100572070.html

5w30:
https://www.costco.ca/kirkland-sign...for-automobile,-2-pack.product.100572103.html

$111.49 CAD + HST for 15 L (Liters, not Quarts) Castrol Edge full synthetic, which does list the WSS-M2C962-A1 spec.

0w20:
https://www.costco.ca/castrol-edge-spt-0w20-motor-oil-3-x-5-l.product.100146871.html

5w30:
https://www.costco.ca/castrol-edge-spt-5w30-motor-oil-3-x-5-l.product.100146178.html

Specs:
https://www.castrol.com/en_us/unite...astrol-edge-brand/castrol-edge.html#tab_0w-20

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hate to trust anyone else to do my oil changes but my local dealer charges $59 and will rotate the tires for an additional ten bucks. I had them do my first oil change at 2K miles.

When I consider my age and aching joints, the number of fasteners on the darn underbody panel, dealing with the used engine oil, the extra jacking to do a tire rotation, etc., I might just continue to bring it to the dealer... :sneaky:

Sponsored

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m nearing time for my 1st oil change on my Xl hybrid but have not had good experiences with either Ford dealer in my area.
Dealer #1 - had to grab a salesman and show him my order and had him compare the VIIN on “MY” hybrid that arrived to their lot - thinking they were trying to sell it out from under me?
Recently called the service department for a price on an oil change and the service rep said he didn’t know and would call me back with a price, 3 days later no call.

Dealer #2 - did my warranty work with no issues but totally screwed up the shuttle ride process. I waited 90 minutes for a ride home, couldn’t find the service manager so I finally found the shuttle driver and asked him to take me home., he said no problem as he had not had any shuttle request yet for the day. When I got to the house got a call from the service manager as they were looking for me to take me home. I told him keep looking!!! When they called me to arrange to come and get me to pick up the vehicle I told them lock up the vehicle with the keys in the console and I would pick it up.

Feel like the only good option is to do it myself. Not interested in drive thru oil changes.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do KNOW I will not go to Jiffy Lube and similar quick oil change places.
I take my vehicles exclusively to fast lube places where they give you a free tiny cup of soda while you wait in your car...it's all about refreshment!

Ford Maverick Oil Changes - Dealer or DIY Artboard-2-2

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've always serviced all my vehicles, but I'm weird and enjoy the work. Having a nice garage & lots of tools helps too. So does being retired. But I still did it as a young'un, on a dirt driveway.

Not a right or wrong question, just what you prefer to do. Plenty of good honest shops to do the work as well, if you choose.

I know, there will likely come a day where I physically cannot do an oil change, so I try to approach each job I can do now as a blessing. 🤠

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I stopped changing the oil in all of my vehicles a long time ago! It’s worth the price to take it to the dealer and have it done in 30 minutes is worth it! With the price of oil and the filter, it’s just not worth the hassle. I feel it’s better to let someone else do it in the shop where they can walk under the car in the bay, drain the oil and change the filter, rather than me having to get on the ground. Besides, I only put less than 7K miles per year on my vehicles, so that means changing the oil maybe once a year.
I had a Honda CRZ with a service coupon Honda would change the oil for 30 bucks. Plus a free car wash check brake wear etc. Could not buy the supplies for that. My days of changing oil are over.