First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No? The High Current (not voltage) Junction Box is the underhood junction/fuse box.

1683339258371.png
yes you are correct, it is the bolt in fuse at the current box, not the internal fuse in the battery. The bolt in fuse is the type that I have replaced previously in many none hybrid and a few hybrid vehicles. Sorry for the confusion on my end, when I searched " High Current" it gave me the High voltage high current fuse location and I didn't catch that..
Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does the fuse box need a better isolator?

samspritzer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CRV, 2008 Accord, 2009 Quintana Roo Kilo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought my Mav in for service, airbag replacement, 7 computer module updates, deep sleep annoyance and no interior lights when opening door until starting up. I left with service performed and hopefully whatever 7 computer module updates did or mean. And I am still stuck with deep sleep and no interior lights.
Hopefully this SSM will solve that when I call Monday morning...

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, here's to hoping this could be the end of this mysterious and persistent problem. Now, let's see if there is shortage of high quality replacement fuses.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much for this. I have been getting the deep sleep alert periodically since I have owned the vehicle and although it has never failed to start, I am always worried that one day it will brick.

Sponsored

Excaped

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape HEV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy smoke, this would be a game changer if this works for my 2020 Escape HEV that has been at the dealer for 3 months now. Deep sleep issues and a 12v battery that goes from fully charged to 5 volts in less than 24 hours. New battery, SSM's, TSB, still sitting at the dealer totally dead. Ford tech support hasn't been of much help. I just started the paperwork for a lemon law buyback at 23,600 miles. This SSM may not help with my issue, but it's better than what they've done up to this point. Love the vehicle, would prefer to get it repaired especially since the 2023 models have gone up considerably, while at the same time totally deleting equipment that came standard on my Titanium. Appreciate the info Senior Master Ford Guy, will update if this is the fix.

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen this mega fuse actually develop a crack ( typically caused by road shock/vibration)which can intermittently allow the loss of electrical charge to the battery, I've had them where they test good with an ohm/continuity meter laying on a bench but then with a little pressure applied to each end will test open.
Do you happen to know if this Mega fuse is a ZCASE fuse that bolts in this assembly or must replace the assembly?

Thanks

Littelfuse - ZCASE M10 32V Series - Zcase M10 32V
Mouser - Littelfuse 3298300.ZXSTA 300A
Ford Maverick Newest Ford special service message on Hybrid 12v Volt Battery Drain Problem ZCASE Mega_Starter Fuse - Littelfuse

Ford Maverick Newest Ford special service message on Hybrid 12v Volt Battery Drain Problem LX6Z-14526-C Fuse Main Multi Purpose

Screen grabs from one of the youtube videos.
Ford Maverick Newest Ford special service message on Hybrid 12v Volt Battery Drain Problem 300A Mega in BJB

Ford Maverick Newest Ford special service message on Hybrid 12v Volt Battery Drain Problem 300A Mega Fuse Assembly in BJB

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of "mechanics" get things wrong on these forms.

YOU ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS (did I mention ALWAYS!) disconnect the ground cable FIRST!

While disconnecting any terminal with a metallic tool, if the tool is on the positive terminal and touches any grounded frame member, nut or bolt, you risk arc welding that tool in place and/or blowing any attached fuses and/or blowing out other sensitive electronics.

In the Maverick and most modern cars, the negative terminal is grounded to the frame. Disconnect negative first.

A fuse is typically only one side. There is no decision to make. But it's bad habit in general to disconnect positive pole first.
You left out "WITHOUT FAIL ALWAYS". Since this is coming out of the dcdc converter should to be on safe side perhaps the green HVTB disconnect should also be opened?

Bill K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a warranty issue. Armed with the info in this thread, take it to the dealer.

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of "mechanics" get things wrong on these forms.

YOU ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS (did I mention ALWAYS!) disconnect the ground cable FIRST!

While disconnecting any terminal with a metallic tool, if the tool is on the positive terminal and touches any grounded frame member, nut or bolt, you risk arc welding that tool in place and/or blowing any attached fuses and/or blowing out other sensitive electronics.

In the Maverick and most modern cars, the negative terminal is grounded to the frame. Disconnect negative first.

A fuse is typically only one side. There is no decision to make. But it's bad habit in general to disconnect positive pole first.
Do you think there is harm in installing a battery disconnect switch as a work-around for my drain problem? That is, for nights when I am not able to leave in on the battery maintainer? I'm leaving for week-ish long camping trip and I'm just debating disconnecting the negative terminal each night. On older cars, it was no issue...but I just want to be sure..

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you think there is harm in installing a battery disconnect switch as a work-around for my drain problem? That is, for nights when I am not able to leave in on the battery maintainer? I'm leaving for week-ish long camping trip and I'm just debating disconnecting the negative terminal each night. On older cars, it was no issue...but I just want to be sure..
Will it harm the Maverick? No.

Could you lose some settings?
Probably yes.
Lesser of evils?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will it harm the Maverick? No.

Could you lose some settings?
Probably yes.
Lesser of evils?
Could he just add. Second 12v to the jump pins each night and solar charge it during daytime. Unless drain is too rapid. Or possibly remote start truck at 3am for 30-45 mins?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm not thrilled with mine.

I drive 35 to 45 minutes each morning.
Says 14.3 volts usually while driving.
I park at work for roughly 4 hours.
Then go to lunch.
The gently used 6 month old battery is "resting" at 11.9 volts before I start it to go to lunch.

It has never not started.
It has never gone to deep sleep.
I can't remember ever letting it sit for more than 36 to 40 hours though.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company if 11.9 volts and ONLY 11.9 volts after sitting 4 hours, I'm worried this low voltage battery won't survive being parked for 1 whole week.

So far; I've never had the opportunity to let it sit for more than one or two days.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Data:
Parked at 6pm Friday after a 45 min drive.
Started at 11am Sunday.
Sat for 41 hours.

Nights: 50's
Days: 80's

Sunday Morning:
Ford Maverick Newest Ford special service message on Hybrid 12v Volt Battery Drain Problem 56C4B32B-DC11-470B-8A66-69B8BB33CF3E

Key to run, DC/DC converter running:
17 amps recharging the 12 v
Ford Maverick Newest Ford special service message on Hybrid 12v Volt Battery Drain Problem 8EF2DC49-A14B-4DBD-B752-19E091B2AB43

After 10 minutes of driving:
Ford Maverick Newest Ford special service message on Hybrid 12v Volt Battery Drain Problem 75EE152B-3E48-4B0F-A28F-21C89D667559

*** The display is not the parasitic draw. It's on a quick disconnect and I take it in the house EVERY night so it does not get stolen. ***
Sponsored