Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You won’t see me in line to get one. My choice, if they are for yo, go for it. It’s your money I say get what you like, I will. If everyone drove the same vehicle in the same color it would be boring and a bitch to find your car in a parking lot. I just don’t buy into Toyota, Subaru, and Honda being the best at everything. They are not.
Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As much I love my Maverick, I do enjoy the long-awaited redesign of the new Colorado. It's bold, stylish, brutish, and technologically advanced for the first time in its life. However, I'm not gonna run to trade mine in anytime soon. I'm a car enthusiast so I appreciate when other manufacturers come out with their new interpretations on mainstream offerings. I try not to be biased for a specific brand and look at competitors from an open-minded perspective. Sure, there's some vehicles that I don't like for my personal reasons but that's just an opinion. I can't expect to like everything but I do enjoy most new offerings from competing brands.

As a result, I think Chevrolet did a really good job with this design. This will outshine its competition for a short while until the new Ranger and Tacoma make their way to the spotlight. Even so, it's a new Colorado after eight model years on the market unchanged so this is definitely going to entice sales no matter what. In regards to competing against the Maverick, I don't see it because there in two different size categories. One is a traditional body-on-frame midsize while the other is a unibody compact. However, like one of the commenters said, they are turbocharged so Ford does indirectly compete with the Colorado now. But the Maverick is geared towards a whole different demographic than the mid-sizers on the market. What Chevrolet needs to do is offer their own compact truck. A great idea would be to bring back the S-10 name. Even if it's only offered as a crew cab shortbed, it would generate a ton of sales considering that's the most popular body configuration on sale today, hence the Maverick and Santa Cruz's single configuration. I know it sounds blasphemous to actually encourage competition for the Maverick but it would convince them to better the vehicle over time instead of holding onto one design for over a decade such as Toyota.

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most likely $40k tops. The ZR2 will be $50k. Not really a fair comparison to the Mav as it’s a bigger truck.
No way it will it be 40k . 43k seems likely with its new interior , wireless charging pad etc .

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True however Toyodor has something the Blue Oval will never catch up to. Looooong track record of building reliable vehicle across their entire line.
Not being first to market and one step behind the latest innovation is very Japanese. They take their time to do things right.
Y'know, aside from the two decades of Tacomas with the whole frame rusting out issue.

Sponsored

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Y'know, aside from the two decades of Tacomas with the whole frame rusting out issue.
Our 1991 and 2002 Toyota trucks are rock solid but we don’t live where it snows.

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which one lol

Ford Maverick New Colorado 2023 revealed 699DF658-5803-4B56-99F2-C28020D08802

Ford Maverick New Colorado 2023 revealed 79C6EA75-22B5-4806-8060-895165674EBD

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its still considered a mid size truck. It also has turbo engine in it like the maverick. The maverick competes indirectly with mid size trucks.
This competes with the Ranger, not the Maverick, both in size and price. Can't hold a candle to the Maverick on price, and the Maverick hybrid is a clear winner as well. There is still nothing that can touch the Maverick on either front, not the Hyundai Santa Cruz, and certainly not this GM offering. Just my 2 cents.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
No way it will it be 40k . 43k seems likely with its new interior , wireless charging pad etc .
The Trail Boss isn't anything special, just a Work Truck trim with some mild off road bits.

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Trail Boss isn't anything special, just a Work Truck trim with some mild off road bits.
you dont think with new interior it wont go up alot? idk seems like when redeo interiors and add extra stuff like extra storage in the truck bed prices go up. Hope your right though!

Sponsored

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And the newer Rav4 Hybrid having the high voltage cable connection getting corroded and destroyed after a few years, and the the roof rails that leak water into the interior.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
you dont think with new interior it wont go up alot? idk seems like when redeo interiors and add extra stuff like extra storage in the truck bed prices go up. Hope your right though!
Sure, there will be a price increase, but most of the items you have mentioned such as the wireless charging and tailgate storage say available, meaning they aren't standard items that come with the truck. If you're talking checking all the option boxes to load a truck up then yeah you're probably in the ball park range for prices.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The current Z71 4x4 in V6 and off road upgrades is 42k. The Trail Boss is a trim between Z71 and ZR2. I imagine it's 45k+ for base Trail Boss and 50k+ optioned out. Again, no thanks

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
The current Z71 4x4 in V6 and off road upgrades is 42k. The Trail Boss is a trim between Z71 and ZR2. I imagine it's 45k+ for base Trail Boss and 50k+ optioned out. Again, no thanks
It might be between the Z71 and ZR2 as far as the off road bits, but the Z71 is more of a luxury trim now and will be priced higher than the Trail Boss.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost