Sponsored

glenjamin44

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
That bigger screen and those bumper steps are all that I wish made it to the Maverick. I am ok with the rest
Sponsored

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
You will lose badly:
I'm aware of the timelines, was being cheeky. :) Still wouldn't want to be a hybrid order holder... Unless I planned to resell and had the purchase price etched in stone.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very glad I decided not to go for Mav, the new Ranger will be my forever truck. More spacious, more tech, more capable, and subjectively better looks (and fog lamps, woo!) The wait will be long and arduous, though.

Bet I get my '23 ranger before some '22 hybrid Mavs :p
Ha! I don't think so!! You'll get your '23 Ranger in '24 just like I'll get my hybrid Maverick in very late '22! Keep in mind that this new Ranger is going to compete in Ford's forever scheduling matrix and parts black hole with F150s, Broncos, and Mavericks!! o_O:cautious: 🤣🤣

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Ha! I don't think so!! You'll get your '23 Ranger in '24 just like I'll get my hybrid Maverick in very late '22! Keep in mind that this new Ranger is going to compete in Ford's forever scheduling matrix and parts black hole with F150s, Broncos, and Mavericks!! o_O:cautious: 🤣🤣
It's a shorter drive for me to liberate one from MAP than from Mexico, at least :D

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a shorter drive for me to liberate one from MAP than from Mexico, at least :D
Right now that's probably a very true statement! 😁

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In any case you could try buying a Mexican spec Ranger lol, we currently get a 3.2L 5-in-line diesel mated to a 6 speed auto, and chances are we might get the 3.0 diesel when it comes here.
WOnt work, the oil burner will throw up all sort of flags which is too bad.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buy a Hybrid and sell for 10k over MSRP than buy a Ranger from Granger for 4% below Invoice
I already have a hybrid on order and got 4% under invoice. Just waiting for the build email from Ford.

I’m not interested in the Ranger. Just wanted to see who would be switching from the Maverick to the Ranger.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this is the INT model so obviously some of the stylings will be different in the US variant, but man a lot of the exterior looks very...corny? Maybe it's just me. I do like the interior, I like the bed step and I like the overall dimensions. I still know a lifted-ish Maverick is right for me.

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I guess Ford will build new vehicles anywhere but in the USA.
Thats what happens when companies maximize profits over ethics, America in a nutshell. Jobs don’t leave because of politicians, they leave because someone out there will work for a 1/3 of your salary

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
In any case you could try buying a Mexican spec Ranger lol, we currently get a 3.2L 5-in-line diesel mated to a 6 speed auto, and chances are we might get the 3.0 diesel when it comes here.
Can we legally do that lol because I would definitely drive down to Mexico for a new truck and cheap cerveza

Sponsored

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
I already have a hybrid on order and got 4% under invoice. Just waiting for the build email from Ford.
I’m not interested in the Ranger. Just wanted to see who would be switching from the Maverick to the Ranger.
*Raises Hand* can't justify the current dinosaur ranger, but I can justify the new kid :)

Clint

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The manual isn’t gonna happen. Highly doubt the diesel will. Simply no need for it.

The price tag will probably knock me out. I’d be interested in all electric if the range was decent.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is there any way to get past that?
Nope, since the Maverick will have to past EPA standards, that engine isn't imported into the US so that means you need to do all the leg work,