First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before you grab your pitchforks and torches - I am KEEPING my Maverick order and I desperately want a Maverick .

I placed my original Maverick order on 10/13/21, and I have ordered or Ford induced changed my Maverick three times. Originally a hybrid XL - the Mav was intended to exist along side a 2 door base sasquatch bronco as my daily driver. Ford squashed both of those dreams, the 2 door base sasquatch (for MY22 at least) and the Mav Hybrid.

My order evolved from a $24k hybrid trucklet to a $35k well optioned soft roader. The bronco came and went as a 4 door. I've had a CRV Hybrid and a Model 3 since the initial order date and neither bowl of porridge is remotely close to my liking.

The two vehicle set up is now a pipe dream and because of that I am actually happy that I've landed on the Tremor. Now I'm looking for a vehicle with above average off-road abilities (as I will be using it on my property in western NC) and the Tremor is sort of the minimum level of off road ability I am looking for (rear locker, ground clearance, suspension/lift). This has led me to look at Frontiers, outgoing Rangers and Colorados, Tacomas that are worse than my 2010, and even some full size trucks like the F150 Tremor and Silverado Trail Boss.

Dad got a Tahoe last summer and it seriously impresses me. It should for the money ($65k). Closest I've come to pulling the trigger is a Silverado Trail Boss LT with the 2.7L 4 pot - but the thing is massive.

Today - Chevrolet begins production on the redesigned 2023 Colorado in Wentzville, MO.

Build and Price went live a few days ago.

Long story short - I placed an order for a 2023 Colorado Trail Boss

The damage? $41,860 - almost $7,000 more than my Tremor XLT on the nose.

PROS:
- 7,700lb towing capacity // 1600 lb payload
- Upgraded interior including 11.3 touch screen and 8" center screen
- improved off road capabilities over Tremor (2L, ground clearance)
- 2.7L turbo 4 produces 390 ft lbs of torque // mpg estimated to be 24-25 on hwy

CONS:
- $7,000 more than Tremor
- Interior space is virtually identical to Mav (no surprise as Mav is bigger than current gen Ranger)
- Almost 15 inches longer than the Maverick but bed only grows 6 inches.

Ford Maverick Ford on the Clock - 2023 Colorado Trail Boss Ordered 1674735030075

By no means is this a - see ya later Ford. It's more of a - competition is on the way get me my Tremor!

I also am not interested in getting back in line for another 15 month wait for the new Ranger. Sales guy told me 3-5 months for the Colorado - we'll see!
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice truck! But at more than $10k over the price of my 2022 FX4 Maverick it's not exactly a realistic option for me.

Let us know how long it really takes GM to produce that for you.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice looking truck but its about 20k more then I paid for my xlt hybrid… If you can afford it and need the towing capacity then great.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The "4" in the front of the price was a stopping point for me and I ordered a decked-out EB. But it is a nice looking truck. Hopefully the Tremor is built soon and you can compare the two on equal footing.

OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice looking truck but its about 20k more then I paid for my xlt hybrid… If you can afford it and need the towing capacity then great.
Yep - the plan all along was to have a 2 door base sasquatch bronco and an XL Hybrid. Ford noped me on both.

Putting the two together got me to the Tremor. Since I've had to wait so long I'm willing to throw my name in the hat for a Colorado and possibly a new Tacoma when it comes out.

As we all know - this is more like trying to reserve my spot in line to decide if I want to purchase it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The "4" in the front of the price was a stopping point for me and I ordered a decked-out EB. But it is a nice looking truck. Hopefully the Tremor is built soon and you can compare the two on equal footing.
It's definitely a "step up" - it's the competitor to the Ranger right? That is the biggest negative for me but I do see value in (and will use) the additional towing and payload capacities as well as the off road capability.

My hope would be the Tremor gets scheduled and just arrives, but if the Colorado arrives before it - I at least have an intriguing choice to make while waiting.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I thought about one but the 4wd versions require a big step up and I'm looking for something easier to get in and out of. If I had a farm or ranch the Colorado would be a great fit.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That should be a great option for you. The current gen 2.7 GM i4T is a strong engine, and I feel will push Ford into making the 2.7 EB available in the Ranger, to keep one step ahead.

If you are ok with the size & price, I bet you will really like that truck. Good luck, follow up when you get it.

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks nice! I see a lot of Colorado's around here. It is a lot taller than the Maverick, or at least looks taller and wider from the outside. I've been tempted to jump ship many, many times, but finally after 15 months I am scheduled for next month.

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Those are pretty nice and not a bad consideration. Personally, I don't see the Mav Tremor as such a great product. GM has offered deals to move vehicles. Hopefully if no Mav for you, you get a deal on the GM.

Sponsored
OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks nice! I see a lot of Colorado's around here. It is a lot taller than the Maverick, or at least looks taller and wider from the outside. I've been tempted to jump ship many, many times, but finally after 15 months I am scheduled for next month.
The Trail Boss variant is significantly wider - yet has the same front hip room as the Maverick. Really disappointing for the Colorado - impressive for the Mav.

Price and size - are detractors - given that the interior dimensions do not increase at all over the Maverick (I've got 3 young kids).

Those are pretty nice and not a bad consideration. Personally, I don't see the Mav Tremor as such a great product. GM has offered deals to move vehicles. Hopefully if no Mav for you, you get a deal on the GM.
I love the Tremor line across all Ford trucks, I think the Mav will prove to be successful with the trim but it's not for everyone.

I don't see GM discounting the new Colorado just to move them months into production but we'll see. FWIW - a close friend is family for a really large dealer in NE Ohio so the order was placed this way. No final pricing discussed but I don't think it's out of line to expect a groomsman discount, am I wrong?!

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Trail Boss variant is significantly wider - yet has the same front hip room as the Maverick. Really disappointing for the Colorado - impressive for the Mav.

Price and size - are detractors - given that the interior dimensions do not increase at all over the Maverick (I've got 3 young kids).

I love the Tremor line across all Ford trucks, I think the Mav will prove to be successful with the trim but it's not for everyone.

I don't see GM discounting the new Colorado just to move them months into production but we'll see. FWIW - a close friend is family for a really large dealer in NE Ohio so the order was placed this way. No final pricing discussed but I don't think it's out of line to expect a groomsman discount, am I wrong?!
Hasn’t this old USA changed. Not many years ago you could have gone to Chevy dealer and looked at 50-100 trucks and drove off in what you chose, or could have gone across the highwa y to a Ford dealer and done the same. The only issue would have been how much they discounted from MSRP. Now you can order one, pay note to yourself each month and have it 30% paid for before you ever see it. Thank you politicians for selling us out to China who `decides what chips and/or other parts to let us have.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before you grab your pitchforks and torches - I am KEEPING my Maverick order and I desperately want a Maverick .

I placed my original Maverick order on 10/13/21, and I have ordered or Ford induced changed my Maverick three times. Originally a hybrid XL - the Mav was intended to exist along side a 2 door base sasquatch bronco as my daily driver. Ford squashed both of those dreams, the 2 door base sasquatch (for MY22 at least) and the Mav Hybrid.

My order evolved from a $24k hybrid trucklet to a $35k well optioned soft roader. The bronco came and went as a 4 door. I've had a CRV Hybrid and a Model 3 since the initial order date and neither bowl of porridge is remotely close to my liking.

The two vehicle set up is now a pipe dream and because of that I am actually happy that I've landed on the Tremor. Now I'm looking for a vehicle with above average off-road abilities (as I will be using it on my property in western NC) and the Tremor is sort of the minimum level of off road ability I am looking for (rear locker, ground clearance, suspension/lift). This has led me to look at Frontiers, outgoing Rangers and Colorados, Tacomas that are worse than my 2010, and even some full size trucks like the F150 Tremor and Silverado Trail Boss.

Dad got a Tahoe last summer and it seriously impresses me. It should for the money ($65k). Closest I've come to pulling the trigger is a Silverado Trail Boss LT with the 2.7L 4 pot - but the thing is massive.

Today - Chevrolet begins production on the redesigned 2023 Colorado in Wentzville, MO.

Build and Price went live a few days ago.

Long story short - I placed an order for a 2023 Colorado Trail Boss

The damage? $41,860 - almost $7,000 more than my Tremor XLT on the nose.

PROS:
- 7,700lb towing capacity // 1600 lb payload
- Upgraded interior including 11.3 touch screen and 8" center screen
- improved off road capabilities over Tremor (2L, ground clearance)
- 2.7L turbo 4 produces 390 ft lbs of torque // mpg estimated to be 24-25 on hwy

CONS:
- $7,000 more than Tremor
- Interior space is virtually identical to Mav (no surprise as Mav is bigger than current gen Ranger)
- Almost 15 inches longer than the Maverick but bed only grows 6 inches.

1674735030075.png

By no means is this a - see ya later Ford. It's more of a - competition is on the way get me my Tremor!

I also am not interested in getting back in line for another 15 month wait for the new Ranger. Sales guy told me 3-5 months for the Colorado - we'll see!
These trucks really are awesome. If I wasn't in a phase of my life where I specifically want to spend less and save more I would 100% buy a well optioned Colorado. I just can't stomach spending that much anymore.

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The maverick is in a market of 1. It isn't a real truck. It is a car with a bed, and for some folks that is all they need.

I guess there are some out there that just want a vehicle with a bed, and therefore would cross shop real trucks with the maverick. But There is a big jump up in capability from a maverick to any other truck on the market ( even ridgeline dare I say )

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I get the scale back. I had a diesel f350 tremor. 8k mi in one year and felt I didn't need it anymore. Sold it for a profit after having it for a year, bought a new f150 & maverick cash. Just worked out for me.
Sponsored