Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok who’s trading their Maverick for the new Ranger? 😁
Buy a Hybrid and sell for 10k over MSRP than buy a Ranger from Granger for 4% below Invoice
Sponsored

RBFGina

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Stepside ('94), Maverick Lariat Hybrid ('22)
The *only* reason I would consider switching is for a significantly longer bed in a slightly larger truck, to fit more hay in on a feed store run. Since that's not there, not really even on the crew cab, I'll stick with the hybrid Mav.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Very glad I decided not to go for Mav, the new Ranger will be my forever truck. More spacious, more tech, more capable, and subjectively better looks (and fog lamps, woo!) The wait will be long and arduous, though.

Bet I get my '23 ranger before some '22 hybrid Mavs :p

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess Ford will build new vehicles anywhere but in the USA.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Nice truck, looks to be an improvement over the existing Ranger.
would it change my purchasing decision, no.
If it would have I’d already be driving one of the available competitors in that segment.
My thoughts were and still are that one of these are not worth the considerable added expense and loss of fuel economy to get 4 low.
Save the fuel economy by optioning for the diesel and that’s even more money.
Nope, I’ll stick with the Maverick.
My thoughts exactly! The 6G fits more within the lineup with the corporate C-clamp and squared-off face compared to the 5G. But the Maverick is "enough" truck for me, without being "too much" truck.

I carry household goods, camping stuff, DIY garage stuff, the occasional Home Depot or Ikea run, and tow the U-haul 5x8 or 6x12 enclosed for stuff that doesn't fit in my Nissan Frontier's 5' bed. I had F-150s and F-250s when I had more stuff to tow and haul and more ground to cover, but those days have passed.

The Maverick hybrid's low price (don't want $40k+ tied up into a vehicle), relative comfort (better than my Frontier, for me anyway), ability to get 40MPG (which I'd appreciate every day), and still being able to haul furniture and appliances without having to rent a trailer (which I'd appreciate on occasion) is right up my alley.

If the North American Ranger 6G has 4Auto like the Aussie version, I might consider it. But there will likely be a price jump and fuel economy hit from the Maverick for a lot of excess capability I will never utilize. And there's the fact that I've never actually needed low range but would use 4Auto a lot, so I think I'll still be holding my breath over here for a Maverick Hybrid AWD.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I probably sound like a broken record, but I've said since Tesla came out with their portrait screen that portrait is a MUCH better setup than landscape because most of the time I have GPS up and you care about what is ahead of you much more than what is on roads far left and right of you.

Too many manufacturers, including the Santa Cruz have these ultra wide landscape screens, and its just not efficient.

That said, this Ranger looks to be just as tall as my Ram from an ingress/egress standpoint, and if so that takes it off the table for us as the whole point is to make it easier for the old folks to get in and out.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

djd3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep in mind, the N/A version is likely to look slightly different, and no diesel option.
and likely not be here soon.. seems like they're going to drop a current gen ranger raptor to send 5g off

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck finding one like the maverick....
Oh don't you see Ford's advertising? If you factory order your new Ford you'll get exactly what you want, and faster too!!

Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I doubt there is much danger of having the MAV crowd lured over to the Ranger. Size is the driving factor for many MAV owners (and hopeful MAV owners like myself). Many of us have owned small pickups in the past, and not just because of cost. There are MANY reasons to go with a compact and I’m glad someone finally recognized it was time to bring them back. The main criticism I have of ALL the current pickups is that we are now pretty much stuck with trucks that are dragging useless back seats around, whether you want one or not. Yes, I could order a single cab F-150 that looks like someone took a giant saw to it and lopped off the rear cab, and gave me the extra bed length I would rather have, but……….The MAV configuration will serve my business needs admirably, and when it’s not doing that it will serve me well as personal transport. While I am fascinated by my spouse’s 60K BMW’s, I personally don’t find the excessive cost to be warranted (i DO have a practical, frugal side). Thankfully, Ford now gives me the opportunity to enjoy some of the same technology she has, at half the cost. it annoys me when I see the oft-used comment that it’s basically a 20K ride and equipping it with a lot of extras is foolish. why is it foolish to be able to utilize high-end technology in a lower-priced vehicle? If the MAV turns out to be unreliable and poorly built, the add-ons might have been a bad bet, but MY bet is that the MAV will enjoy a certain level of quality that comes with today’s manufacturing advancements. Thankfully, I am well past the age of those who are drawn to those macho promotional images of manly men bouncing around bad terrain in a jacked up, gas-guzzling, over-sized monster……..for fun I guess?.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So it's an Austrlian truck, 3L diesel we will never see that engine here in the US. Would like to know more information on the US-spec truck.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very glad I decided not to go for Mav, the new Ranger will be my forever truck. More spacious, more tech, more capable, and subjectively better looks (and fog lamps, woo!) The wait will be long and arduous, though.

Bet I get my '23 ranger before some '22 hybrid Mavs :p
You will lose badly:

All Hybrid MY2022 Mavericks will be built by May/June 2022 I doubt that you will even be able to order the MY2023 Ranger until the Fall of 2022.

2023 RANGER (P703N - U.S. Version) PRODUCTION TIMELINE:
  • Final design approval achieved in early 2019.
  • Production begins on May 1, 2023 at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP).
  • Official launch (sales/dealer stock) set for July 3, 2023.
  • Production life ends April 2031.
https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/2023-ford-ranger-p703n-production-timeline-info-thread.6937

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So it's an Austrlian truck, 3L diesel we will never see that engine here in the US. Would like to know more information on the US-spec truck.
In any case you could try buying a Mexican spec Ranger lol, we currently get a 3.2L 5-in-line diesel mated to a 6 speed auto, and chances are we might get the 3.0 diesel when it comes here.
Sponsored