Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Trail Boss variant is significantly wider - yet has the same front hip room as the Maverick. Really disappointing for the Colorado - impressive for the Mav.

Price and size - are detractors - given that the interior dimensions do not increase at all over the Maverick (I've got 3 young kids).
Interesting. A maverick will not only replace my Nissan Frontier Truck, but my wife's CRV as well; so it needs to haul passengers. Impressed the tiny Maverick manages to have the interior occupant space of a latest generation midsize chevy truck.

That Trail Boss is impressive... However, I'm already using a compact aluminum stepladder to help elderly folks into my Frontier that only sports only a 1 1/2" lift on 265/65R 16 shoes. The Tremor (or in my case an EB 4K with a 1" f 3/4" r level lift) should permit folks easier ingress/egress.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've been thinking of jumping ship to the Colorado Trail Boss too. Congrats on putting in an order.

Ford dropped the ball in my unit and support at the dealers I've been to had been abysmal.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The maverick is in a market of 1. It isn't a real truck. It is a car with a bed, and for some folks that is all they need.

I guess there are some out there that just want a vehicle with a bed, and therefore would cross shop real trucks with the maverick. But There is a big jump up in capability from a maverick to any other truck on the market ( even ridgeline dare I say )
The Ridgeline is not really more capable, unless you consider towing.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The maverick is in a market of 1. It isn't a real truck. It is a car with a bed, and for some folks that is all they need.

I guess there are some out there that just want a vehicle with a bed, and therefore would cross shop real trucks with the maverick. But There is a big jump up in capability from a maverick to any other truck on the market ( even ridgeline dare I say )
I'll call it a minivan with a box, sedans are way too low to the ground. For probably 3/4 of the truck buying public, the Maverick is all they will ever need.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Trail Boss variant is significantly wider - yet has the same front hip room as the Maverick. Really disappointing for the Colorado - impressive for the Mav.

Price and size - are detractors - given that the interior dimensions do not increase at all over the Maverick (I've got 3 young kids).

I love the Tremor line across all Ford trucks, I think the Mav will prove to be successful with the trim but it's not for everyone.

I don't see GM discounting the new Colorado just to move them months into production but we'll see. FWIW - a close friend is family for a really large dealer in NE Ohio so the order was placed this way. No final pricing discussed but I don't think it's out of line to expect a groomsman discount, am I wrong?!
Not wrong, but you would prolly be more right if the groomsman was the sales manager instead of the salesman. Best of luck in your vehicle endeavours.

Sponsored

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before you grab your pitchforks and torches - I am KEEPING my Maverick order and I desperately want a Maverick .

I placed my original Maverick order on 10/13/21, and I have ordered or Ford induced changed my Maverick three times. Originally a hybrid XL - the Mav was intended to exist along side a 2 door base sasquatch bronco as my daily driver. Ford squashed both of those dreams, the 2 door base sasquatch (for MY22 at least) and the Mav Hybrid.

My order evolved from a $24k hybrid trucklet to a $35k well optioned soft roader. The bronco came and went as a 4 door. I've had a CRV Hybrid and a Model 3 since the initial order date and neither bowl of porridge is remotely close to my liking.

The two vehicle set up is now a pipe dream and because of that I am actually happy that I've landed on the Tremor. Now I'm looking for a vehicle with above average off-road abilities (as I will be using it on my property in western NC) and the Tremor is sort of the minimum level of off road ability I am looking for (rear locker, ground clearance, suspension/lift). This has led me to look at Frontiers, outgoing Rangers and Colorados, Tacomas that are worse than my 2010, and even some full size trucks like the F150 Tremor and Silverado Trail Boss.

Dad got a Tahoe last summer and it seriously impresses me. It should for the money ($65k). Closest I've come to pulling the trigger is a Silverado Trail Boss LT with the 2.7L 4 pot - but the thing is massive.

Today - Chevrolet begins production on the redesigned 2023 Colorado in Wentzville, MO.

Build and Price went live a few days ago.

Long story short - I placed an order for a 2023 Colorado Trail Boss

The damage? $41,860 - almost $7,000 more than my Tremor XLT on the nose.

PROS:
- 7,700lb towing capacity // 1600 lb payload
- Upgraded interior including 11.3 touch screen and 8" center screen
- improved off road capabilities over Tremor (2L, ground clearance)
- 2.7L turbo 4 produces 390 ft lbs of torque // mpg estimated to be 24-25 on hwy

CONS:
- $7,000 more than Tremor
- Interior space is virtually identical to Mav (no surprise as Mav is bigger than current gen Ranger)
- Almost 15 inches longer than the Maverick but bed only grows 6 inches.

1674735030075.png

By no means is this a - see ya later Ford. It's more of a - competition is on the way get me my Tremor!

I also am not interested in getting back in line for another 15 month wait for the new Ranger. Sales guy told me 3-5 months for the Colorado - we'll see!
There you go giving me more ideas! I did not know the builder was up and working.
Congrats on your wise strategy.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good looking truck. Will not berate your choice one bit! It is your money and you do what's best for you. Best of luck either way!

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trail boss or WT with options are great values. LT not so much. Putting an order in soon for one myself.

OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not wrong, but you would prolly be more right if the groomsman was the sales manager instead of the salesman. Best of luck in your vehicle endeavours.
Lol the (former) owner's son is one of my best friends (hence the groomsman) that's gotta count for...something?! A free can of window cleaner?

Trail boss or WT with options are great values. LT not so much. Putting an order in soon for one myself.
I've been thinking of jumping ship to the Colorado Trail Boss too. Congrats on putting in an order.

Ford dropped the ball in my unit and support at the dealers I've been to had been abysmal.

I've been back and forth on a Silverado Trail Boss with the 2.7 turbo. You can get them for crazy low prices (less than $50k) but I'm just not wanting something SO big.

I wish the Trail Boss came with a manual locking rear differential instead of the G80 auto-locking rear diff but I won't be rock crawling or taking this places I won't be able to get by with the G80 locker.

Mavnick87

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like you’ve done your homework and have some good options on the table. Unfortunately some people may wait 2+ years for their bronco or maverick. My only input is to take a deep breathe! Don’t be in a rush unless you absolutely need a truck asap. I’ve learned the hard way a time or two.

Sponsored
OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like you’ve done your homework and have some good options on the table. Unfortunately some people may wait 2+ years for their bronco or maverick. My only input is to take a deep breathe! Don’t be in a rush unless you absolutely need a truck asap. I’ve learned the hard way a time or two.
That is all this really is - just keeping the options open.

I will say that I have exhausted myself looking at the Silverado and trying to find any info I can on the 2023 Colorado. I've tried to justify getting into an F-150 but the size and the price always slap me back to reality.

In all honesty - this exercise has really just made me pine for the Tremor even more - which is not a bad thing at all - a little window shopping to reaffirm my decision is not a bad thing in the least.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They started production today on the 23s but yea little more steep you went with what I would of orderd next if I never got maverick . What will you do if you get both at the same time. ?

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

What’s definition a truck ? Has to be body on frame ? I mean works like any small pick up would . Works like older ranger . Made differntly but does the same thing. So I’m confused what you think a truck is ? Is trucks only full size ? Diesel ? I mean trucks have very broad family and shapes and come in different forms

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What’s definition a truck ? Has to be body on frame ? I mean works like any small pick up would . Works like older ranger . Made differntly but does the same thing. So I’m confused what you think a truck is ? Is trucks only full size ? Diesel ? I mean trucks have very broad family and shapes and come in different forms
The "real truck police" are always lurking, like Big Brother. Beware!

OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They started production today on the 23s but yea little more steep you went with what I would of orderd next if I never got maverick . What will you do if you get both at the same time. ?
If they arrived at the same time or were going to at similar times it would be hard for me to spend the extra $7,500 on the Colorado based on the interior being mostly the same size as the Maverick - but it would be great to be able to have a really solid look at both.

I'm very interested in the interior quality of the Colorado. Chevy trucks, Tahoe and Silverado, were decades behind in the interior department and they did a total 180 and I would say have arguably the nicest interiors in the class now.

If the Colorado hits on that same improvement maybe that $7,500 starts to feel somewhat worth it but I would almost rather just make that jump to the Silverado and go full in.
Sponsored