First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I decided to splurge and abandon the old 2 x 4 style of bed divider that I had used for years in my old S-10. So I used some points and cash and got the Ford version.

Notes: At first, I thought my bed was sprung, as the divider absolutely would NOT lock into place. The Ford worldwide instruction sheet is the usual Ford "quality."

In the pictures, you can see the 4 torx bolts, 2 on each side. After going from side to side trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, I decided to loosen all 4 bolts and jiggled it a bit and it went into place and the locks were able to be used. There is a picture in the instructions (not included...you have to go print them yourself) that shows there is something inside the track that will allow the adjustment.

I am not sure what Ford was thinking when it included the cable. Nothing in the instructions really talked about it. I can see it useful for keeping a gas can or something similar in place. Anyway, here are pictures as someone requested.

The Ford Logo is on both sides of the divider (not just a flimsy single piece). Shipping weight was 21 lbs. Now that the width is adjusted properly, it is easy to both slide it forward and backward in the track and to remove it.

Edit: The black wire you see in some pictures is run from the LED bed light. I tapped into it and will be installing some LED strip(s) somewhere in the front part of the bed so it will come on automatically whenever the LED light is on (by switch or by the automatic stuff.). Not sure yet what I will do, but I wanted to get the wire in place while I had the rails and bedliner apart.

Ford Maverick Maverick Ford Bed Divider Kit Installed Bed divider 1

Ford Maverick Maverick Ford Bed Divider Kit Installed Bed divider 2

Ford Maverick Maverick Ford Bed Divider Kit Installed Bed divider3

Ford Maverick Maverick Ford Bed Divider Kit Installed bed divider 4
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure what Ford was thinking when it included the cable. Nothing in the instructions really talked about it. I can see it useful for keeping a gas can or something similar in place. Anyway, here are pictures as someone requested.
Looking at the instructions you're supposed to run it through the cleat and then back through the loop on the end and clip onto the divider itself. This way it's secured to the cleat presumably to retain it if it becomes detached or something.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking at the instructions you're supposed to run it through the cleat and then back through the loop on the end and clip onto the divider itself. This way it's secured to the cleat presumably to retain it if it becomes detached or something.
I saw that...maybe it was the result of some safety engineer. I will probably just put the cable under the seat and pull it out on the rare occasion that I need it for a fuel can. I can't imagine the divider coming loose, even in our Wyoming wind, especially with the tonneau cover. I may turn the divider around so the cable is then in the forward part of the bed.

GadgetDad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick - Alto Blue FX4 4k Tow Lariat Lux 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did the same this week. I have a lot going on in my bed and am happy with how this compartmentalizes it all. With the hard Tri fold installed there is still room to throw my clubs behind the divider without moving the swing cases. I think that cable might be for the ranger. It seems this might be a universal part for both trucks?

Ford Maverick Maverick Ford Bed Divider Kit Installed IMG_0019

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did the same this week. I have a lot going on in my bed and am happy with how this compartmentalizes it all. With the hard Tri fold installed there is still room to throw my clubs behind the divider without moving the swing cases. I think that cable might be for the ranger. It seems this might be a universal part for both trucks?

IMG_0019.jpeg
That's a badass set-up! 👍

Sponsored

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m almost positive that cable is to help make it a little harder to steal

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This setup is sick! any more info on these side compartments?
Ford Maverick Maverick Ford Bed Divider Kit Installed 1681393319218

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Niro; battered NIssan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much was this?

GadgetDad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This setup is sick! any more info on these side compartments?
1681393319218.png
That's a badass set-up! 👍

Appreciate you guys - The swing cases are a ford accessory part. I actually bought one off of amazon and the other from the marketplace here. I use the ford branded one for tools and the swing case branded one has been converted to an insulated cooler for trips. Normally I only keep the tools one in unless we have an event we are headed to.
https://accessories.ford.com/products/undercover-right-hand-side-pivot-storage-box

From there I have an etra set of cleats, Lumen light kit, the divider, the oem hard fold up cover, and the spray in bedliner from the factory.

I am almost done with everything I want to do with the bed. I ordered a second set of lumen lights from marketplace to daisy chain them for a four light setup vs the 2 but haven't gotten around to installing them yet.

Sponsored

GadgetDad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much was this?
I got mine from Varsity Ford parts out of ann arbor for 238.70. They sell the extra cleats as well for 84 a pair. I did both at the same time so I didn't loose access to having a set of sliding cleats.

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Niro; battered NIssan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I suspect there's a sheet of Baltic birch plywood in my future. Assuming I ever get my truck.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_0019.jpeg
That looks good

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_0019.jpeg

which tonneau cover do you have there? I like the fold up against the glass part

GadgetDad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
which tonneau cover do you have there? I like the fold up against the glass part
Ford's trifold OEM cover. Was the only thing I could get the dealer to throw in during the negotiation last year. Has held up well with 30k miles and multiple family trips. Really recommend it.
Sponsored