First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the Ford Bed Divider as a treat, instead of using my old method of just using 2 x 4s, etc. But it is a little bit irritating to adjust the placement.

I learned from someone here that the Bed Divider's adjustment pins can be locked open by twisting them a few degrees after pulling them to the center. However, you can only move the divider forward or reverse a couple of inches at a time. So to move the divider a foot forward required me to go from side to side and make about 6 passes. At 74, I don't do a lot of jumping into the bed to move it like I would at 25.

Anyway, 1 saw the slots in the top of the aluminum and decided to add a bolt on each side that could be pushed/pulled from the center of the truck, standing on the floor. For the first pass, I just used a 1x2 that I had laying around, but I'll probably just use a rod with an eyebolt in the end of it to go over the bolts. My bolts are about 5/8" in diameter. You still only get about a small adjustment at a time, but I saves me a lot of walking back and forth.

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Divider Modification f1

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Divider Modification F2

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Divider Modification F3

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Divider Modification f4

Ford Maverick Ford Bed Divider Modification f5
Sponsored

zzbaluba

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the Ford Bed Divider as a treat, instead of using my old method of just using 2 x 4s, etc. But it is a little bit irritating to adjust the placement.

I learned from someone here that the Bed Divider's adjustment pins can be locked open by twisting them a few degrees after pulling them to the center. However, you can only move the divider forward or reverse a couple of inches at a time. So to move the divider a foot forward required me to go from side to side and make about 6 passes. At 74, I don't do a lot of jumping into the bed to move it like I would at 25.

Anyway, 1 saw the slots in the top of the aluminum and decided to add a bolt on each side that could be pushed/pulled from the center of the truck, standing on the floor. For the first pass, I just used a 1x2 that I had laying around, but I'll probably just use a rod with an eyebolt in the end of it to go over the bolts. My bolts are about 5/8" in diameter. You still only get about a small adjustment at a time, but I saves me a lot of walking back and forth.

f1.jpg

F2.jpg

F3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg
Thanks for posting this. I'll stick with using boards. It sounds simpler.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I admit it was simpler with the board I made for my old S-10...but this gives me a couple of bed sizes that are standard for what I do.

A small area to keep groceries contained; a larger area to keep cardboard contained when I head to recycling so I don't have to open the cover to get to the cardboard that invariably shifts into the very front if not contained, and then remove the whole thing to get use of the full bed.

It's an indulgence and about as necessary as carbon fiber trim stuff, decals, bigger wheels, my BAP, etc.

mmahathy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ranger XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For anyone considering the Ford accessory bed divider it is fairly easy to remove (and reattach).

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure I can talk myself into getting just yet. Seems like a pain to change position

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure I can talk myself into getting just yet. Seems like a pain to change position
Yea I got the keeper instead.

Can't haul groceries because of the heat but as it cools shouldn't be a problem. I also have a bed net for both the rear and one to cover everything from front to back (on the way, just ordered it).

I make trips to the dump often as I don't have trash pickup where I live. Most times I try to keep the load fitted to the back section of the truck and I just flip down the tailgate and open the tonneau cover as needed, usually the first bend.

I actually just posted my setup on page 3 of my build, link in sig.

I wanted the FORD setup but was a bit too expensive to justify.

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Darn $27 seems like an ok price but it jumps to $43 with the net :(
Good idea though and guess for $43 not bad really