First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did learn something about adjusting the cleats when positioning the divider. When you pull the locking pins. you can turn them about a quarter of and they will not drop back in the holes. That makes it easy to move the divider forward and aft.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't discovered that yet. I've been going side to side to adjust it a little at a time.
Sponsored

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you all have the know how and tools to do all this
I think I have a screwdriver named Phillip somewhere

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

you all have the know how and tools to do all this
I think I have a screwdriver named Phillip somewhere
If you own a late model Ford, you need to invest a couple of bucks (less than $20) in a set.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My divider also would not lock in initially. It was not wide enough. The instructions depict a sliding adjustment that SIMPLY IS NOT THERE. The instructions do not match the actual part.

I could almost get it to lock in, but only almost. Between the discrepancy in the instructions and the fact I could not get it to snap in, I was starting to get convinced that I had been sent the wrong part.

What I did to get mine installed was leave it in the sun for a few hours, it expanded enough that I could then drop it in with a little persuasion (application of my body weight).

Now that it has been installed for some time, it goes in and out easily with no fuss.

Before you grab a screwdriver and go to loosening screws, give the "let it get hot" method a try.

Sponsored

Jerry Heep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair Reserve; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also installed the divider a few weeks ago. I ditched the cable (which is a safety device to keep the divider from flying out going down the highway), and I am using a motorcycle disc brake lock (u-lock) I had laying around to secure the divider.
https://www.amazon.com/Kryptonite-Evolution-Bicycle-Disc-Yellow/dp/B001B5G8NG/

With the lock in place, the divider cannot be moved or removed. I did it for theft deterence.

The lock fits perfect, does not rattle around

ABFF07B7-3790-4A79-91A9-2753EEFDD9A7.jpeg

049BF375-E009-42D7-BB51-DFD63A002C58.jpeg
Great idea. Thanks.

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After initial installation, how easy is it to remove and put back? I am worried that when I need to use the full truck bed that it might be a pain to deal with.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After initial installation, how easy is it to remove and put back? I am worried that when I need to use the full truck bed that it might be a pain to deal with.
Two levers, one on each side. Lift up, pop one side out of the rail hook, go to the other side, pop it up, now twist it a bit diagonally and remove it. Easy removal/reinstallation.

Sponsored

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gave in and got it! It was a little tough to get in and move back and forth. Hopefully it will slide better with more use.

20230726_110022.jpg
Has it loosened up at all? How easy is it for one person to adjust it?

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has it loosened up at all? How easy is it for one person to adjust it?
Yes it has. Best way to move it by yourself is to get in the bed and do it. Otherwise you'll only be able to move each side a little bit, then walk around to the other side to move it.

BLachance75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you pull out the tab and give it a little turn it will stay out. Do that in both sides and you can slide it to where you want it then twist the tan to lock it in place.

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gave in and got it! It was a little tough to get in and move back and forth. Hopefully it will slide better with more use.

20230726_110022.jpg
That looks like a SIBL and the rubber mat from Ford? Does the devider scrape the rubber mat? Is that why its hard to move? Does the bottom of the devider touch the mat? Thanks. That looks great.

BLachance75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks like a SIBL and the rubber mat from Ford? Does the devider scrape the rubber mat? Is that why its hard to move? Does the bottom of the devider touch the mat? Thanks. That looks great.
I don’t have a SIBL but I do have the factory rubber bed mat. There’s about 3/8” between the mat and the bottom of the divider.

The divider was tough to put in the first time however it goes in/out easily now and I can slide it without any issues. You can pull out the locks and give them a twist and they will stay open. Then I push the divider from the middle and it will slide forward and back easily. When you get it where you want it you untwist the lock and they will lock in place.
Sponsored