Sponsored

Manual Transmission. If it was offered, would you choose a Standard?

Would you have ordered with a manual transmission?

• Total voters

LE5CAV

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL: 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Manual transmission is a young mans game, at this point in life, I'm over it. one of the reasons I bought a Maverick was to get out of my manual trans 124 Abarth. Knees ain't what they used to be, and downtown traffic sux. that said, I kinda wish they existed, a six speed 2.3 ecoboost ST version would be hard for me to say no to.
Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

“PS, how many people want that manual shifter on the column? :)”

Big smile. That would just be top of the list.
3 on the tree ftw! Lol.

I love manuals. Looking forward to my hybrid though after seeing so many people giving great reviews on the eCVT.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If there was a manual I would have ordered one already, its one reason why I am still leaning Bronco.

Automatic transmissions are a crutch with an achilles heel full of hydraulic fluid just wainting to be knicked by a twig and render the vehicle a near total loss.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I guess the only one who would like a manual for my DD.....had sticks most of my life and still have one. I honestly don't even think about shifting anymore. It's a natural action. I even find my self trying to shift my autos every now and then
Im the same way, except half the vehicle ive owned were auto, and almost every one had issues.

LE5CAV

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL: 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
“PS, how many people want that manual shifter on the column? :)”

Big smile. That would just be top of the list.
Oh hell no, my F-100 is 3 on the tree, forget that that noise, I'm swapping out everything.

Original 223 and 3 speed getting replaced with 98' Explorer 302 4r70w
Manual drum brakes, manual steering and leaf springs all around, Hello 06' CV front end and 2010 Mustang rear.

Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious how many people would have gone with a good ole' fashion manual transmission if Ford offered it with the Maverick.

I love driving stick and contribute my love of cars to being taught how to drive a stick when I was young. I was curious how it worked and the more I learned the more interested I was. But now I'm in my late 20s and have to drive the same boring route every day, manual is becoming more of a chore (especially in traffic). I'd much rather have my fun car be a manual and my daily be an Auto. Luckily Ford is still putting them in Mustangs and Bronco's, but I can see that disappearing soon.

What do you think?
Ironically, I learned to drive in a 1970's Ford Maverick that lacked power steering and had a manual transmission with a column shifter. I do not wish that fate upon anyone. A clutch can be fun on sports vehicles and motorcycles but I prefer an automatic for my daily driving vehicle.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. Have a Genesis G70 6MT and one is enough.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Manual transmission is a young mans game, at this point in life, I'm over it. one of the reasons I bought a Maverick was to get out of my manual trans 124 Abarth. Knees ain't what they used to be, and downtown traffic sux. that said, I kinda wish they existed, a six speed 2.3 ecoboost ST version would be hard for me to say no to.
Being a young man in my 60's.... I still enjoy driving stick. Last car was a Subaru WRX. I think this truck would be a blast set up right with a manual.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Being a young man in my 60's.... I still enjoy driving stick. Last car was a Subaru WRX. I think this truck would be a blast set up right with a manual.
This is my first non-stick. Been driving for 56 years. For the most part, I’d much rather have a stick. But…….(I never thought I’d EVER be saying this!) the hybrid technology involved with the Maverick truly intrigues me. If I had an EB, yeah, a stick. But it’s fun to watch, and play with, the way that the hybrid works.
I’m sure that the novelty will wear off. But, until then, I’m loving this!

Sponsored

ILykTrux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've driven a manual since I turned 16, 16 years ago incidentally. I don't even think about it anymore. Sometimes at work I stomp the break accidentally looking for a non existent clutch. However, I would still be getting an automatic this go around. Can you guess why?? Yup, the wife. We have 3 vehicles and 2 are manuals. So, she can effectively only drive one of our vehicles. I've taught her to drive manual, but she has no desire to do it by herself.

Weird Harold

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since I've always had a manual shift, I would like to see it offered. But I have to admit that in heavy city traffic the stick is not much fun. I am getting the hybrid so I think the manual would not work as well in that case anyway.
When I was a young guy a "performance" car was all about acceleration. Now my idea of performance is MPG. Can't wait to get my hybrid!

camarox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro, Spitfire, Camaro, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
100% will trade in my truck (if it ever shows up) for an AWD ST or w/e they call it with a 6 speed manual.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not with the Hybrid. If Ford had a manual ecoboost that cost at least $2500 less, I might be tempted.

GT_Hawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so my car (2007 subaru) is manual. the auto at the time was aboyut the same for gas milage. It was hit or miss then if manual was better then auto for millage. today auto smokes manual for mialage. that said man i will miss having a manual as its fun, very fun to use. but i need A daily driver and saving cash in gas with the Canadian gas prices is a thing now.
Sponsored