First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ordered two new AMG Mercedes ... They also were built in a foreign country.
Good thing the Maverick is built in Mexico. :sneaky:

(Just joking. I know what you mean.)
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I try and watch this site everyday. I read most posts, all topics and I’m excited. I rarely post or comment, but honestly people complaining about people complaining is ridiculous. They are, we are excited, some because they are the make me happy now generation, some because they are old and want it sooner than later (btw… that’s me). Be nice, you check like me every day, right? Why? Same reason, you’re a part of a community.. be a responsible member, encourage, help or ignore.. no one cares that you don’t like a complainer.. Well at least I don’t care.

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long should it take to order a new car? I know there'll be people hating and saying "not Amazon" and "instant gratification culture" but seriously.... There are people who put orders in in June/July that are still waiting. How much is too much? 60 days? 90 days? 120 days?

Someone who has custom ordered a new car/truck before, how long did it take you?
6 weeks

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long should it take to order a new car? I know there'll be people hating and saying "not Amazon" and "instant gratification culture" but seriously.... There are people who put orders in in June/July that are still waiting. How much is too much? 60 days? 90 days? 120 days?

Someone who has custom ordered a new car/truck before, how long did it take you?
I suppose an item should be delivered in the time frame that the seller suggested it should be delivered. Fall in this case.

Most dealerships were saying 4-6 months. Obviously if someone orders now, its probably not going to be delivered in the fall.

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51

I ordered 21 bmw x4 for my wife just the way she wanted. Took from the day o ordered to dealer was 5 weeks. Bought it 4 months ago

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You've got everything against you for getting a quick build:

1. totally new vehicle
2. months of pre-orders before production even started
3. chip shortage
4. trucker shortage
5. hybrid certification delay

I you had waited and ordered this 2 years from now, you'd get it quickly. This is just the struggle of the early adopter. At least you haven't given Elon Musk your money for a Roadster, or a Cybertruck, or a Semi, or Full Self Driving......

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really don't think it's too much to ask Ford to make official responses. Look we just had one mag saying delays & one saying no. Like it or not Ford has not been upfront. They just argued in the media no hybrid delays only to start moving production & having a 2day shutdown
What are we to believe. Tim has been very encouraging, but isn't a real spokesman for Ford. All I want is some guidelines directly from Ford. Every day it's a new answer. It's like a love me not flower. Pick an answer & stick with it. My order is in, I will decide what to do when I see what my dealer does. I surely will not be up for any games.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Simple, respectful answer. Why can't we just have more of these. I'm an older retired veteran and reluctant to even say hi on this site. I just wanted some fact based info on the Maverick. I have no social media accounts and don't think anyone should be rude or aggressive if you don't have the option to smack them.
Thank you for your service! Vietnam 1970 US Army

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a global/industry-wide issue. Go and try to order a Tesla or Tacoma right now. I have friends who ordered both before I ordered my Maverick (7/6), they have been told hopefully before the end of the year, but there is no guarantee. Another friend has been on a waiting list for a Hyundai Palisade since around the same time. Keep in mind, those are not new models. I ordered a new e-bike in February, they are hoping to have it ready for delivery by Thanksgiving.

It certainly sucks, but until there is another viable alternative (another <$25k truck that gets great mileage and can comfortably seat 4), I'm waiting.

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been in retail stores that were either short staffed or had an unexpected flood of customers, or both, so the few checkout lines open were very long. Store management had not made a conscious effort to stop or delay checking people out. It just took longer due to the limitation on their capacity to do so for the high number of customers. Could management have planned better? Probably, but once I found myself in that situation I had two choices. Wait it out, or put down my merchandise and leave.

I suppose I could have found a manager and ranted, "how long does it take to check out? Three minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes? :)

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are welcome to scroll.
And you're welcome to stop complaining.
Simple, respectful answer. Why can't we just have more of these. I'm an older retired veteran and reluctant to even say hi on this site. I just wanted some fact based info on the Maverick. I have no social media accounts and don't think anyone should be rude or aggressive if you don't have the option to smack them.
Thanks TB. I try to be respectful to all, even when it’s hard. Hope you get yours soon.

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And you're welcome to stop complaining.

Thanks TB. I try to be respectful to all, even when it’s hard. Hope you get yours soon.
It's a free country. I'm not harassing anyone. I have the right to ask questions; and Ford has the right to answer or not answer.

I works argue that I have been respectful in the discourse threads.

I agree. I hope all get trucks soon.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in the same boat as the op I think.
I'm completely fine with the wait, it seems to me that ford has fallowed through with the timeline perfectly so far.
But that doesn't make me less curious about the wait time if this vehicle had been released 5 years ago and how the process is different now.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Certainly not a unique take but......I've never ordered a vehicle like this before, so I can't speak to what used to be normal. I can say that on a personal level, my expectations are 100% derived from the expectations laid out by the seller.
In this case, the expectation laid out by Ford back when I ordered in July was "this Fall". So for me, an acceptable timeframe is delivery any time before 12/22/21.
Sponsored