First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did something that relieves the pressure/anticipation. I recommend it.

My dealer was a bit afraid to tell me that they had run out of allocation. I guess he thought I'd move my order elsewhere. I had a face-to-face talk with him and explained that would be better if he just leveled with me about allocation -- telling me what he got and how it was used up. That way I could forget about this until the next allocation cycle.

He told me they got 2 (it's a small dealership), Ford pulled 2 EcoBoost to build, and he would call me when the next allocation was made. Then I went home and took a nap.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think a lot of it is rooted in "old school" business practices. Everyone knows there are logistic problems and most of us understand, but the classic business practice is to deny and pretend everything is going just peachy. Mind you, I'm not picking on Ford for this.

I've had vendors tell it to us straight, and that is the best. It sucks things are delayed but letting me know details allows me to plan accordingly. I'm going to be buying a "make do" vehicle while I wait for my Mav, but it would be nice to know if I'm looking at 3, 6 or 12 months delay.

I switched to a Hybrid knowing I won't get it soon, but I would prefer if Ford just looked us straight in the eye and said
"EPA is not an issue, our issue is with a very small microchip supply chain that doesn't allow us to ship the Hybrids. We will let know know when this gets resolved. Until then we will produce Ecoboosts for those who ordered it and continue to fill in our manufacturing with the Hybrids so they are ready to go as soon as the logistics clears."

But nope, we get the classic and dying business model of
nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif
EXACTLY! Unfortunately, when I ask questions to try to get answers like this, I often get "CALM DOWN" or "PUT YOUR BIG BOY PANTS ON" when a simple "Please disperse. Nothing to see here." Would do nicely. šŸ˜‰šŸ¤£

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do you get a new email confirmation from Ford when you change your order? I originally ordered XLT and got the confirmation. Changed to Lariat and got nothing.
I added tow package and full size spare two weeks laterā€¦. No email, but if you look at your original email most extras were not listed. So Iā€™m not concerned.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I added tow package and full size spare two weeks laterā€¦. No email, but if you look at your original email most extras were not listed. So Iā€™m not concerned.
I've made around 3-4 changes to my order. Each time I DO receive a NEW DORA but you will NOT get a new updated confirmation from Ford. Or I should say I NEVER have.
Sponsored