First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a free country. I'm not harassing anyone. I have the right to ask questions; and Ford has the right to answer or not answer.

I works argue that I have been respectful in the discourse threads.

I agree. I hope all get trucks soon.
Actually, I didn't mean to post that and I apologize for it. I thought I had deleted it, but apparently not. While I am tired of seeing these types of comments pop up in threads, I get it. I see reviewers saying the Maverick is cheap, and it is a value (especially compared to other vehicles), but $21K and up is NOT cheap and if you're laying out the money you should be able to complain all you want to. I just wish the complaining would happen more off-line than on.

As far as you being respectful, yeah, I'd say so. I think the bigger issue is that you keep saying the same things in the threads that you participate in. Your position is well known by now.
Sponsored

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not posted on any of these type of threads yet but I feel now that I can share my opinion because I have gone in circles from what the hell hurry up to calm and relaxed. A little backstory, I lost my previous SUV to a blown transmission 4th of July. I order a Maverick a few days later. I got very lucky in that a friend is renting me his old Honda accord at a very reasonable rate for as long as I need it. I also work at the post office so not shipping issues I get lol.

I knew that orders had started in June and I was by no means first in line for the country but as it turned out I was first in line at my dealership. I understood that it would start shipping Fall 2022. I do know that my dealership has actually delivered at least one maverick order so far.

As of Today I have not been scheduled. I do have a Hybrid Lariat Lux. I get the parts constraints and I understand allocations being assigned certain ways. My dealership being in a smaller market may only get a few builds a month and with limited factors all of those builds could be used in the first week for Eco boost builds. Now I hope for that magic email every week that will never come simple because my dealership has no allocation left.

I think for some of us in that situation that see others with the same builds being scheduled that ordered after us fell a little let down because of this. I question should I have gone to a bigger dealership and order, or should I support Local business and local people.

Personally I just wish it wasn't so random or I would like some communication just to say hey this is why you wont be scheduled this month. When most of the information we get comes from the media and we have some good sources (thanks TIm & Johnny) and some bad ones.

Just my two sense for what its worth.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Your constant whining on this subject is really getting annoying.
It's really easy, DON"T READ THEM!!!!

You have the RIGHT to BLOCK any poster you so desire. I personally feel annoyed but your posts. So I felt it was time to call you out like you do others. Just CHILL. Last time I checked no one held a gun to you head and made you join the forum or read all the posts.

Block me if you desire.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
How long should it take to order a new car? I know there'll be people hating and saying "not Amazon" and "instant gratification culture" but seriously.... There are people who put orders in in June/July that are still waiting. How much is too much? 60 days? 90 days? 120 days?

Someone who has custom ordered a new car/truck before, how long did it take you?
The ONLY other vehicle I ever ordered was a Dodge Intrepid from a local dealer. The COMPLETE process from order to delivery was 45 days. But I will say the car was already a year old, so it was not a new start-up.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long should it take to order a new car? I know there'll be people hating and saying "not Amazon" and "instant gratification culture" but seriously.... There are people who put orders in in June/July that are still waiting. How much is too much? 60 days? 90 days? 120 days?

Someone who has custom ordered a new car/truck before, how long did it take you?
Who knows at this point. There are about 70 cargo ships stuck off the coast of California. Gives me time to play around with my order. Just switched from an XL to XLT but dropped the hard roll up cover and floor liners.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If one goes to the Kia, Telluride forum you will finds waits up to 9 months. Normal 3-5 months. Plus almost impossible to find a vehicle at MSRP. Some dealers getting $7,000.00 plus over MSRP.

Although this does not help folks waiting on a Maverick. It's not an isolated issue.

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a lot to unpack here... Let me just say, I do thank God on a regular basis for my job, family, and financial situation.

What's got you upset about my post? It's it that I asked how long it should take? Use it today I mentioned people waiting since June and you are one of them?

Why did you use all caps? Do you know that's equivalent to yelling?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ehowe1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

We ordered a couch… a simple couch. In January. And it still isn’t here.
10 months later. We have been told it’s being shipped to the store next week so we’ll
See.
So much has changed in supply chains in the last year and a half that even boring, simple couches are on delay. I won’t be surprised if the truck doesn’t get here until next spring/early summer. I ordered in july. I want the truck as badly as anyone here, but am willing to wait it out, especially with what my couch order process has taught me this year.

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no issue with maverick orders. Once the backlog clears, it will take 8-12 weeks for a fully custom order, from order time to delivery(based on escape or other car ordering). The backup is solely due to a hundred thousand orders and production starting in LATE august.

Sponsored

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We ordered a couch… a simple couch. In January. And it still isn’t here.
10 months later. We have been told it’s being shipped to the store next week so we’ll
See.
So much has changed in supply chains in the last year and a half that even boring, simple couches are on delay. I won’t be surprised if the truck doesn’t get here until next spring/early summer. I ordered in july. I want the truck as badly as anyone here, but am willing to wait it out, especially with what my couch order process has taught me this year.
This is it right here. Couches, computers, furnace parts, windows and clothing all are taking FOREVER now a-days. Its a huge cascading problem. One week the circuit boards we need are on their way, the next they are delayed by 4 weeks because some supplier 4 layers deep dropped the ball.

Raw materials are delayed, so parts are delayed, so boards are delayed, so modules are delayed, so assembly is delayed, so delivery is delayed.

The world is a whole bunch of waiting for your supplies so you can satisfy the increasing demand. Every week there is a new article about these logistics issues and no one is immune.

COVID and its effects aren't over and wont be for a long time, no matter how many people you see shopping at your grocery store.

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is it right here. Couches, computers, furnace parts, windows and clothing all are taking FOREVER now a-days. Its a huge cascading problem. One week the circuit boards we need are on their way, the next they are delayed by 4 weeks because some supplier 4 layers deep dropped the ball.

Raw materials are delayed, so parts are delayed, so boards are delayed, so modules are delayed, so assembly is delayed, so delivery is delayed.

The world is a whole bunch of waiting for your supplies so you can satisfy the increasing demand. Every week there is a new article about these logistics issues and no one is immune.

COVID and its effects aren't over and wont be for a long time, no matter how many people you see shopping at your grocery store.
This cuts to the heart of the issue that I see right now:

All of this makes sense. I really have no issue, right now, waiting. The fact is, most of the world is having delays and for just cause, yet, "there is no delay." That's my biggest problem right now. Not the fact that I'm waiting, it that it could be months. It's that there "is no delay" in the midst of delays.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This cuts to the heart of the issue that I see right now:

All of this makes sense. I really have no issue, right now, waiting. The fact is, most of the world is having delays and for just cause, yet, "there is no delay." That's my biggest problem right now. Not the fact that I'm waiting, it that it could be months. It's that there "is no delay" in the midst of delays.
I think a lot of it is rooted in "old school" business practices. Everyone knows there are logistic problems and most of us understand, but the classic business practice is to deny and pretend everything is going just peachy. Mind you, I'm not picking on Ford for this.

I've had vendors tell it to us straight, and that is the best. It sucks things are delayed but letting me know details allows me to plan accordingly. I'm going to be buying a "make do" vehicle while I wait for my Mav, but it would be nice to know if I'm looking at 3, 6 or 12 months delay.

I switched to a Hybrid knowing I won't get it soon, but I would prefer if Ford just looked us straight in the eye and said
"EPA is not an issue, our issue is with a very small microchip supply chain that doesn't allow us to ship the Hybrids. We will let know know when this gets resolved. Until then we will produce Ecoboosts for those who ordered it and continue to fill in our manufacturing with the Hybrids so they are ready to go as soon as the logistics clears."

But nope, we get the classic and dying business model of
Ford Maverick How long nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who knows at this point. There are about 70 cargo ships stuck off the coast of California. Gives me time to play around with my order. Just switched from an XL to XLT but dropped the hard roll up cover and floor liners.
Do you get a new email confirmation from Ford when you change your order? I originally ordered XLT and got the confirmation. Changed to Lariat and got nothing.
Sponsored