Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome new ride!

One thing I love about the Lighting is that you are getting a $15,000 power backup system too. I appreciate that myself, having paid that much at my last home for a Kohler whole house propane generator. My next vehicle is definitely a BEV with the ability to backup my home.

I'm all for taxpayers funding the conversion to BEV, and I cheer the early adopters - because down the road we are ALL going to benefit from BEVs. They are paving the way for the rest of us - even those being dragged into the future kicking and screaming all the way.
Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like a good deal. If you want an EV go for it. Not for me EVER at current technology. . hope you don't tow.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today took advantage of Ford’s amazing incentives and traded in my much loved Maverick.

Our 22 Hybrid w/ Lux pkg + moonroof and slide rear window was easily one of the most enjoyable vehicles I’ve ever owned.

traded in a minivan too that was a little upside down on loan so my final numbers won’t matter to you. But here’s the incentives I received on a 23 Lariat Lightning Extended Range:

$79,785 MSRP
-5,000 Ford Cash
-2,000 Private Ford Offer
-2,856 Dealer discount
-5,000 Colorado instant EV Tax credit
-500 additional Dlr discount (“I’ll buy if you come down another $500 and throw in a free spray-in bed liner)
-7,500 Federal “ “
(= $22,356 OFF MSRP!)
PLUS 36mo @1.9%!! Promo FoMo Credit!

And since people will be wondering, with my maverick and minivan trade allowance, minus their respective payoffs, $48,740.64 out the door, including my local sales tax, doc fee, reg. fee.

I think I did great. If you’re considering a lightning to replace your Mav- this is a great time for purchasing one. Obviously a much bigger truck but very awesome.

IMG_8407.jpeg
IMG_8408.jpeg
Good luck with your new truck. If my experience is any portent, don't expect any speedy service if you have electronic issues. Ford is still sorting out the problems they created with the 110 volt inverter. Somehow I don't trust the electric vehicle promise of any manufacturer right now.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Oh yay another thread about EVs on a forum where 99% of the users have never even driven an EV let alone owned one.

What could possibly go wrong? Oh wait........

In Illinois, it would need to come with the extended range CORD, to be practical!
And they stopped making them.
You’re welcome from all the taxpayers that helped pay for it. 😐
I heard after the fiasco the CEO had with a lightning, Ford decided to get out of the EV car business altogether.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrat's OP, seems you did well on the deal!

If you choose to remain active on this forum, I'd love to hear about your everyday experiences/opinions with the new Lightning, once you get into your routines with it.

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today took advantage of Ford’s amazing incentives and traded in my much loved Maverick.

Our 22 Hybrid w/ Lux pkg + moonroof and slide rear window was easily one of the most enjoyable vehicles I’ve ever owned.

traded in a minivan too that was a little upside down on loan so my final numbers won’t matter to you. But here’s the incentives I received on a 23 Lariat Lightning Extended Range:

$79,785 MSRP
-5,000 Ford Cash
-2,856 Dealer discount
-500 additional Dlr discount (“I’ll buy if you come down another $500 and throw in a free spray-in bed liner)
-7,500 Federal “ “
(= $22,356 OFF MSRP!)

And since people will be wondering, with my maverick and minivan trade allowance, minus their respective payoffs, $48,740.64 out the door, including my local sales tax, doc fee, reg. fee.

I think I did great. If you’re considering a lightning to replace your Mav- this is a great time for purchasing one. Obviously a much bigger truck but very awesome.

IMG_8407.jpeg
IMG_8408.jpeg
I have heard that many companies, including Ford are try to get rid of full EV vehicles and slowing down production because they won’t be sustainable in the near future. Is that true?

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrat's OP, seems you did well on the deal!

If you chose to remain active on this forum, I'd love to hear about your everyday experiences/opinions with the new Lightning, once you get into your routines with it.
I think there is Lightning forum.

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn’t mind a Lighting. Think of all that power!
Hope you lease it, not buy it. Any hic cups, dealers problem.

Might consider a portable generator in the back to do recharge.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you had 6k left at 0% interest until you owned a vehicle, so you borrowed 50k to save on gas? 🤔

I would have paid my maverick off and driven it for a decade…. Oh wait, that’s what I’m doing

Sponsored

brielee3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stopped shipping d/t quality control issue. Still making them, but yes, less production. Without incentives the pricing is way off on the lightning and it’s the perfect storm with higher borrowing rates and somewhat lower gas prices currently.
Ford stop shipping them because they can't sell them, 264 day supply on 2023.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

A few BEV truck owners in Texas - yea, the truck state - talking about their BEV trucks. Including the Lightning (hint - he loves it). Fresh - this past weekend.

jerrisn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid/2023 Hyundai Tuscon/2013 Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

$79,785 MSRP
-5,000 Ford Cash
-2,856 Dealer discount
-7,500 Federal “ “
(= $22,356 OFF MSRP!)

IMG_8407.jpeg
IMG_8408.jpeg

Congratulations! My journey started with a desire for a Tesla, but I opted for a Chevy Volt (EV with Gas Backup) initially to test the EV waters. Now, after three years of driving an EV, I've transitioned to my Hybrid Maverick. The ability to drive cross country without frequent charging stops became a priority for me. The Volt's gas engine was excellent for in-town driving and longer trips. Replacement batteries for the Volt can cost around $10k, making me curious about the potential costs of a Lightning battery over the years. Some suggest trading in before the battery wears out, but considering the environmental goals of EVs, it seems counterintuitive to discard a vehicle due to a failing battery. While the Lightning looks impressive, I'm intrigued about any insights into its long-term battery costs. Wishing you the best with your Lightning!

I stumbled upon this as well. Hopefully, your vehicle is not impacted by it.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ford-pauses-shipments-new-f-150-lightning-evs

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im surprised...Not one its not a Lightning post. Psst its not a Lightning, has 2 too many doors. lol.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, would never consider upsizing to a F-150 of any sort. Too big and will not fit in my garage, BUT very happy for you if that is what you desire. Only live once, mate.
Sponsored