Sponsored

Search results

  1. What would you like to see Ford do for the next gen Maverick

    It occurs to me that everything I'd like to see Ford do with the next Maverick - they're apparently already doing with the Fathom. But I'm in the Maverick crowd (I suspect we are the majority of owners) that doesn't tow or demand serious truck credibility. For me Maverick is just a runabout...
  2. How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

    Probably gonna buy a Fathom without a test drive too.
  3. FORD MAVERICK VS RANGER: WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM?

    I would think the fleet use for Slate might be super light duty? I see fleet Mavericks around here often. A local company uses them as safety vehicles for wide loads. More than one municipality here uses them for inspectors and the like. Slate's fate in the market is a total mystery to me. I...
  4. What would you like to see Ford do for the next gen Maverick

    >> In 1970 the Ford Maverick hit the market at an Advertised MSRP $1,995 I was curious what the BLS inflation calculator made of that price in 2026.
  5. FORD MAVERICK VS RANGER: WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM?

    My pest control guy and his dealership studied the Maverick before he bought a Ranger. The Ranger has capabilities he needs, like the easy availability of heavy-duty, drop-in tool drawers that slide out, and a lot more. He told me he would have loved a hybrid Maverick, but it just couldn't meet...
  6. What would you like to see Ford do for the next gen Maverick

    On reflection, I'd like to see it built in the USA. I'm a free trade guy with no bones to pick with the hard working people of Mexico, Canada or any other nation. But a Ford truck should be built in the states. It just feels wrong that it's built across the border. And yea, I know. UAW wages...
  7. What would you like to see Ford do for the next gen Maverick

    First of all I might go Fathom instead of Maverick. Because I like the idea of electric, I like the idea of a mid gate (I hate carrying long items in the Maverick, extending past the bed), and I love me some leading edge technology. I guess my #1 wish for a next generation Maverick would be a...
  8. What’s Something You Notice More After Owning Your Maverick for a While?

    I disliked my Maverick when I bought it 41,000 miles and 4 years ago. It was too frigging big, with too many doors and too many seats, and had a too-busy automatic transmission. But it was the smallest truck on the market at the time (well, in truth the Santa Cruz was 3" shorter). What do I...
  9. Another reason it suxxx. WINDSHIELD

    600,000+ people love their Mavericks. One hates it. Do the math.
  10. "Oh No, you'll lose your warranty" - -who has a real world example?

    https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/warranty/warranties-and-coverage/what-is-not-covered-by-my-warranty From the source. Notice they don't deny warranty just because you installed non-Ford parts. They deny warranty for any damage that can be tied to that installation. Which leaves some room...
  11. Mav will barely steer, steering assist fault.

    >> Got scolded for driving it there instead of getting it towed. OP, you put a smile on my face there. A scene from Band of Brothers came to mind. The captain ran in front of a sniper to draw fire. When he got back, his sergeant scolded with him with "Captain, if your mother saw you do that...
  12. Can the new Reo truck compete with Maverick?

    I was into Canoo too. You know what reminds me of Canoo as a product (not a company)? The Kia PV5 platform.
  13. Can the new Reo truck compete with Maverick?

    I think he hates everything with wheels?
  14. Can the new Reo truck compete with Maverick?

    The famous story in my wife's family is how her dad and uncle had diesel rabbits back in the Rhode Island winter of 1978 (I think). It was Thanksgiving and the diesel fuel congealed in the cold, ruining the family Thanksgiving dinner in MA because they couldn't get the rabbits started.
  15. How to visually tell a hybrid from EB

    Oh it's easy. The hybrids are covered with "I did 100,000 miles on one tank" stickers. While our EcoBoosts are covered with "I'm on transmission #3" stickers.
  16. Received this Unsolicited Message from my Dealership: your FORD MAVERICK needs a DECLINED DIAGNOSTIC

    This stuff is all generated by one of several automated dealership management applications. A few of my coworkers used to write this code. It's just designed to get you in the doors of the dealership service department to be upsold highly profitable services. Same for emailing a dealership from...
  17. Active Military or Veterans with Mavericks

    I love when I'm going down the road and I see some guy who has a subtle unit patch in the rear cab window, just behind the driver seat. Here in NC we can get "paratrooper" license plates. But I'm too lazy and too cheap to order them. Plus, I figure if people watch me get out of the truck and...
  18. Hauling dirt - how much can Maverick hold?

    "dirt" can mean many things. Some heavier than others by volume. Wet, dry, clay, sand, loam - all very different. Mostly you're likely to max out your bed by volume before you max your weight, but not all. Personally, I always just borrowed my neighbor's beater trailer. He didn't care if it got...
  19. Are the headlights too bright?

    40,000 miles on auto high beams. Zero flashes.




Top