Sponsored

Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor?

RalphVa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3, Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not interested in Homelink's auto dimming mirror, just want the gate/garage buttons. Got info on those with buttons and included battery from searching the forum.

Found out one of the Bronco trims includes 3 Homelink buttons built into the sun visor on the driver's side.

Does the Maverick Lariat sun visor have power, and would the Bronco one fit?
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Fred's Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC and 1970 Mustang Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good information to add the garage door opener buttons. Thanks

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm not interested in Homelink's auto dimming mirror, just want the gate/garage buttons. Got info on those with buttons and included battery from searching the forum.

Found out one of the Bronco trims includes 3 Homelink buttons built into the sun visor on the driver's side.

Does the Maverick Lariat sun visor have power, and would the Bronco one fit?
Just curious - if all you need are the homelink buttons why not just clip 3 remotes to the visor?

OP
OP
RalphVa

RalphVa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3, Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, and yes. The visor is 341.00 and change I believe.

Edit: Let me double check the price I have it in my credit card history it might be slightly more, gets used twice a day everyday, so worth it for me.

418.83 did it in November. Sorry about the 341.00. You need to order it for a Bronco sport outer banks with outer banks luxury package ‘22 up, was not available on ‘21’s
Thanks. Will verify my Lariat has power to its sun visor and have the sales guy double check this. $341 is 1% of the value of the vehicle. $418.83 is not too much. Think we paid a tad more than this to add a board to our gate's circuit board to allow the Mazda homelinks to work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RalphVa

RalphVa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3, Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious - if all you need are the homelink buttons why not just clip 3 remotes to the visor?
Keeping track of remotes and battery changes is too much of a hassle.

VampireOnline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was really missing my homelink buttons, but I found a file to 3D print and have been very happy with this. Out of the way easy to press.

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? E5D38E38-F601-4639-88D2-10C4C2F8461B

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? 6325502C-CF63-4300-A70B-64E274EB00D6

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just velcro taped my remote to the bottom of the push start button.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is the route I went. This a homelink from eBay. People sell them, after ripping out of visors. I had bought this before I got Mav, had planned to put on lower center console, just below armrest, thus the blue. But it was awkward to reach there. They range from $20 to $40, depending on the seller. They just need 12v.
Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? DCDF0B2A-3D64-4692-A3B2-5D90C872BAD4

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keeping track of remotes and battery changes is too much of a hassle.
Just add this for $22 to your Garage door opener and you won't need Any remotes.

If your phone is Android, you just say "Hey Google, Open/Close my Garage Door," as your leaving or pulling up to the house. Another nice feature is that it gives you the status of your Garage door through the app as well as alerts if it's been left open for a certain(adjustable) amount of time.
Mine has worked great for a few years now.

meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener Remote, APP Control, Compatible with Alexa and SmartThings, No Hub Needed (amazon.com)

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Will verify my Lariat has power to its sun visor and have the sales guy double check this. $341 is 1% of the value of the vehicle. $418.83 is not too much. Think we paid a tad more than this to add a board to our gate's circuit board to allow the Mazda homelinks to work.
The Lariat does have power on both visors to power the lights on the mirrors.

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i know this thread is a little old but rather than starting a brand new one I thought I would add on to this. I have ordered part number N1PZ7804105GA from a local dealer. This is the driver side visor with the homelink buttons from a Bronco Sport Outer Banks. i first searched eBay but none of the visors on eBay had the home link buttons. You can find this cheaper on https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com but I wanted to use my FordPass points to cover as much of this cost as I could. Buying it outright from Ford is $285 + tax. I had a little over 42k points so the total difference including the tax was about $92. If I had bought from oemfordpartsdirect the cost was $195 before tax. Not sure if there was extra shipping with them or not. Once I get the part in I will share some before and after pics assuming it matches perfectly.

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Adding the mirror was the easiest mod I've done, and was the first one I did. Having the mirror auto-dim the super bright headlights on the lifted coal rollers behind me is worth the $45 and 45 minutes I spent installing it, and I have two extra HomeLink buttons for the future.

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_20240329_172128236_HDR~2

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I installed this Toyota/Lexus Mirror with home link buttons. I really like it because it is frameless! the only downside is it is still manual dimming but I don't mind that. The home link works from a battery so no wiring needed!

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_2623
Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_2624
Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_2622

AlsMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 w/4k Tow Build Date 12/5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i know this thread is a little old but rather than starting a brand new one I thought I would add on to this. I have ordered part number N1PZ7804105GA from a local dealer. This is the driver side visor with the homelink buttons from a Bronco Sport Outer Banks. i first searched eBay but none of the visors on eBay had the home link buttons. You can find this cheaper on https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com but I wanted to use my FordPass points to cover as much of this cost as I could. Buying it outright from Ford is $285 + tax. I had a little over 42k points so the total difference including the tax was about $92. If I had bought from oemfordpartsdirect the cost was $195 before tax. Not sure if there was extra shipping with them or not. Once I get the part in I will share some before and after pics assuming it matches perfectly.
Pictures?
Sponsored