First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all. Sorry for yet another cubby post, but I like it and hope it can maybe encourage someone else to do something functional with their cubby.

Ford Maverick Custom Garage Door Opener (Cubby) Solution B1006882-4E91-482C-B823-8FE4DD908A1D

I was tired of not having a simple garage door opener. I originally had one of those ugly and generic 3-button openers with a clip but generally don’t like those on my visor since they happen to stain and dent the visor over time.

I made my own solution- a momentary switch soldered to my garage door opener’s board and houses that in a custom 3D printed box. I think it came out pretty simple and clean!

Ford Maverick Custom Garage Door Opener (Cubby) Solution B7EF73B8-281B-4835-9B2A-6D776818A08F

Ford Maverick Custom Garage Door Opener (Cubby) Solution 82733E01-9E40-4CBD-8C08-1BC6331F3431
Sponsored

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is a truly cool mod.

You could make some bucks making those for people.

Sponsored

OP
OP
xioth

xioth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very cool, but that spot is reserved for my hula chicken

What's the story with Odysseus
I, too, want to see this hula chicken! Truck was named Odysseus because when I first saw it it had this marble-like color (cactus gray. So, he was named after (the statue of) Odysseus.

Tanker64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux 360 SIBL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi all. Sorry for yet another cubby post, but I like it and hope it can maybe encourage someone else to do something functional with their cubby.

B1006882-4E91-482C-B823-8FE4DD908A1D.jpeg

I was tired of not having a simple garage door opener. I originally had one of those ugly and generic 3-button openers with a clip but generally don’t like those on my visor since they happen to stain and dent the visor over time.

I made my own solution- a momentary switch soldered to my garage door opener’s board and houses that in a custom 3D printed box. I think it came out pretty simple and clean!

B7EF73B8-281B-4835-9B2A-6D776818A08F.jpeg

82733E01-9E40-4CBD-8C08-1BC6331F3431.jpeg
Wouldn't it have been easier to install a Homelink mirror to solve the issue. There are multiple threads on this. I plan on doing it this weekend. Cost is about $12.

OP
OP
xioth

xioth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wouldn't it have been easier to install a Homelink mirror to solve the issue. There are multiple threads on this. I plan on doing it this weekend. Cost is about $12.
Maybe but this adds some fun customization which is the spirit of the Maverick and the opportunity to learn to solder!

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agreed it is fun to do custom mods.

This the route I took.
I originally planned to put in on the lead edge of the armrest console, this the blue, but that was too awkward of a location.

Before people post about the Kia mirror route, I did do an auto dimming mirror, but used one from a Fusion. I didn’t like the compass on the Kia mirror and was concerned, right or wrong, about the mirror moving when I push the button. Plus I have Ford mirror.
Ford Maverick Custom Garage Door Opener (Cubby) Solution IMG_0496

OP
OP
xioth

xioth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

This the route I took.
I originally planned to put in on the lead edge of the armrest console, this the blue, but that was too awkward of a location.

Before people post about the Kia mirror route, I did do an auto dimming mirror, but used one from a Fusion. I didn’t like the compass on the Kia mirror and was concerned, right or wrong, about the mirror moving when I push the button. Plus I have Ford mirror.
IMG_0496.jpeg
That’s a brilliant use of the space! If color matched it would look factory. Cool stuff dude!

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That’s a brilliant use of the space! If color matched it would look factory. Cool stuff dude!
Thanks.
I had bought this before my Maverick was built. When I saw the blue on eBay, I grabbed it. Then when I decided to change locations, I had a hard time figuring out which color the roof is. Seems Escapes are more of a light tan, where the Maverick is a light gray. It seems Ford is changing the roof color. The eBay descriptions were not very obvious on what shade they were. I figured I could paint it if I needed to, but the buttons would still be black. I figured all black would look odd, since interior is blue, so I just stuck with the blue; it works for me. Looks better when in the cabin versus the close up pick. Someday, I will probably try to track down the matching color.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This the route I took.

IMG_0496.jpeg
Very nice — Love those buttons also! Will be checking them out in Carlisle, Mark.

(Maverick Truck Club at Carlisle Ford Nationals, June 2-4)
So many great mods.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I, too, want to see this hula chicken! Truck was named Odysseus because when I first saw it it had this marble-like color (cactus gray. So, he was named after (the statue of) Odysseus.
That's deep!! LOL
Sponsored