kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was curious if the Maverick has the mirror lights on the inside of the drivers sun visor. Like the ones the wife would look in to check her makeup. I had swapped in a sun visor on my SE escape from a titanium in the salvage yard wrecked that had the integrated garage door opener. All it needs is the power availability of the lighted mirror. Seems like it would be an easy swap or mod for a Maverick. Im almost wondering if they share the same visors as an Escape or similar Ford vehicle??? Im trying to get a Maverick order underway and would kinda miss that convenience.

I'm sure I could pull the opener guts out of another ford visor and mod the maverick one to achieve this.
Sponsored

docroland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was curious if the Maverick has the mirror lights on the inside of the drivers sun visor. Like the ones the wife would look in to check her makeup. I had swapped in a sun visor on my SE escape from a titanium in the salvage yard wrecked that had the integrated garage door opener. All it needs is the power availability of the lighted mirror. Seems like it would be an easy swap or mod for a Maverick. Im almost wondering if they share the same visors as an Escape or similar Ford vehicle??? Im trying to get a Maverick order underway and would kinda miss that convenience.

I'm sure I could pull the opener guts out of another ford visor and mod the maverick one to achieve this.
Sorry no mirror light my hybrid XLT, not sure if Lariat has

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Ford Maverick Sunvisor question....garage door opener image

this is an XL…. Seems like you might be able to get one that’s wired through the pivot clip somehow in the headliner but I dunno

Sponsored

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know the oem part number for the driver sun visor for the lariat?

OP
OP

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know the oem part number for the driver sun visor for the lariat?
It might not matter if the wiring isn't present in the A pillar if the truck wasn't originally equipped with lighted visors but Im sure some could be ran. I'm working on an order for a maverick XLT currently....whenever I get it I'll try this.

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It might not matter if the wiring isn't present in the A pillar if the truck wasn't originally equipped with lighted visors but Im sure some could be ran. I'm working on an order for a maverick XLT currently....whenever I get it I'll try this.
I do t expect the wiring to be there but it’s easy to do

OP
OP

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do t expect the wiring to be there but it’s easy to do
Ill keep an eye out on the salvage yard listings for a wrecked Lariat with this option and get one of the sun visors equipped. Just got my order in last minute for my Maverick before the cutoff so obviously I'll have plenty of time before it arrives to look for the part.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

There are two lights in the center on the roof, which I assume would provide light to see your face. Also, the garage door can be opened with one of these:

Ford Maverick Sunvisor question....garage door opener 1643154590334

Sponsored
OP
OP

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are two lights in the center on the roof, which I assume would provide light to see your face. Also, the garage door can be opened with one of these:

1643154590334.png
Yep I own garage door openers....lol. I Just like the clean factory look of the visor mounted buttons in factory OEM style.

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
no those lights don't help you see your face at all.

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
I have a bronco sport. If you go on the bronco sport forum, there is a long thread from someone that took an escape visor and did exactly what your looking to do. Did not seem overly complicated. The 2nd year of the bronco sports now have the home-link as an option. Maybe the Mav will follow this path in the 2023 MY?

OP
OP

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a bronco sport. If you go on the bronco sport forum, there is a long thread from someone that took an escape visor and did exactly what your looking to do. Did not seem overly complicated. The 2nd year of the bronco sports now have the home-link as an option. Maybe the Mav will follow this path in the 2023 MY?
Thanks. Ill check it out. I still the original sun visor from my Escape. I'll put it back in and save the button one before I either trade it in or sell it once the Maverick arrives.

Chandonnet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately the escape visor is NOT the same and will not work in the Maverick. Ask me how I know… I wanted the oem garage door opener as well but with this option not feasible I went with an auto dimming mirror with homelink. Just as factory looking as the visor would be.

Ford Maverick Sunvisor question....garage door opener 0B2607EC-976E-44FE-B24C-7810D8980F44
Sponsored