First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick (ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There has been a lot of discussion about installing the Kia Homelink mirror. I believe the main reason for installing the mirror is for security. If you have a basic garage door opener in your Maverick and your Maverick is parked in the driveway, someone could break into your Maverick and then get into your garage/home. I found the Meross Smart Garage Door Opener Remote in Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084Z5QZR2?smid=AMUYZQ3EOZ3KS&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1

I think it might be a good alternative to replacing your mirror. It is compatible with Apple HomeKit, Siri, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and CarPlay. I think it should work with Android Auto too. If you have a flip phone, you are out of luck, but otherwise I think this will work nicely.

I'm wondering what everyone things.
Sponsored

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will be curious on how it works if you do get it. I have Aladdin Connect phone app that isn't directly supported by Android Auto, but I think there's a work around using voice commands that might work.

I really wish the app icon would appear on the Android Auto screen and I could just select it from that.

Let us know if you do get it, if it shows up, and if it does, whether you're using Car Play or Android Auto.

ItsJustMe

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 1st Edition Cobalt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had one for almost a year. Works flawlessly with HomeKit. Even get a button to open in CarPlay when approaching the house.

OP
OP

MinnesotaMatt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an iPhone so I'll be using CarPlay. I just ordered it so I'll post an update once I get it working.

Fishin4ladyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, jeep patriot, Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had this unit for awhile, nothing bad to say about it. Google asks for your pin number before the door will open.

Sponsored

Ren E Gade

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Atlas Blue, BAP, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had this unit for awhile, nothing bad to say about it. Google asks for your pin number before the door will open.
Most do, but if they don't ask for it to close it is not secure... While it is closed ask it to close...

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP

MinnesotaMatt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I currently have the MyQ. It works great. But to get it to work with CarPlay requires a subscription or an expensive bridge. The Meross does not require anything else. With tax is was a one time cost of about $40. It works with CarPlay. I should get mine sometime next week. I'll let you know how it works.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My sister has the myQ. I thought you could add it to Siri (although I don’t remember when I set it up) to use voice commands.
I use a simple Wi-Fi relay for my garage door and automatic gate. Right now I just tell Alexa to turn on the gate with my echo auto and it opens. I also added it to Siri through the app, and although a lot slower, I can open it from my watch. I had to do a little bit of modification to my fancy push button on my garage door to make it work, but I usually have no problems with it.
This only works if your garage door button is the basic, single button per opener type. Or, you need to be able to solder some wires like I did.
MHCOZY WiFi Wireless Smart Switch Relay Module for Smart Home 5V 5V/12V,Ba applied to access control, turn on PC, garage door (5v) https://a.co/d/9tDetWI

*****update - this does not have a sensor to tell if the garage is open or closed, I have a camera for that. So definitely not as plug and play as other options. I just like to tinker.

Last edited:

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my Kia Homelink mirror. I park in the garage so no concerns from a security standpoint. I don’t want to fumble with a phone when I get home and I don’t want a remote in the car when a mirror is so easy to install.

Homelink mirror is just stupid easy and was under $20.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MinnesotaMatt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have a HomeLink mirror, you are good for security. It won't work if the car is not running. So, parking in the driveway would also be OK.

The Meross connects to Apple HomeKit so you can use CarPlay to open your garage door. From what I've seen in videos, as you approach your home, a button appears on your CarPlay screen that you can press. It also looks like you can press the Siri button on your steering wheel and ask Siri to open the garage door. Once I get it setup, I'll be able to give you a first hand account.

Don't get me wrong, I have HomeLink in my Subaru and love it. You are also correct that the price of $20 is great verses $40 for the Meross. I also watched videos on installing the Kia HomeLink mirror and it doesn't look too bad. But, if this works, I think I would like it better.

Instead of installing a Kia HomeLink mirror, I was thinking about installing a USB port using the same method so I could easily plug in a dash cam. I know it would not be powered if the car was off but I would like to minimize the exposed wires.

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After rereading some threads on this site posted by members much smarter than I, and some internet searching, I learned how to create a icon on the Android Auto screen to open my garage.

I connected my Aladdin Connect app to my phones Google Home app. Google home is already connected to Google Assistant which is what does the voice commands on Android Auto.

In Android Auto I created a trigger that I name "Open Garage" which is then displayed on the Android Auto sceen as a circle named "Open Garage". When I press it, it verbally asks me for a pin. I just say the pin and up goes the garage door.

Way cool! 😎

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Installed a auto dimming/HomeLink mirror today. Mav has to be running for it to work. No more remote stuck to the visor. No phone or android auto needed.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course. Mine is I don’t want to rely on my phone to open a garage door; KISS is my method.
Sponsored