maningr

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It will be price locked just like they did with the Broncos. Tim said it last night.
I hope it is. But the way the memo worded gives me concern for those that have to reorder/convert.

(UPDATE) At 1h:10min.... Tim said he does NOT know at this time if rollovers will be price protected.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a VIN so 🙏 hybrid, XLT lux will get built…..having said that does anyone believe that the MY23 order/process will be any better? There are only so many ways Ford can have sex with this and I am sure they are nearing the end, short of delivering trucks on burning ships. If mine is booted I think I can spend my money in other places Ford
As i have previously said - MY23 production will make MY22 look good. In MY23 they will be producing Mavericks from the same plant in Mexico for Argentina and Brazil. The websites are already up and operating. The only hope is that the chips will start flowing and all constraints will go away.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

But on 28 Jan, did I lie about getting rolled over to a 2023? No. I didn't. I ordered a Ford Maverick on 10 June, priority 10 at the time of order, confirmed the same day with Ford, and I will not be getting a 2022.

THAT, is true.
I don't think anyone suggested you lied about what the dealer told you. They questioned the legitimacy of what your dealer was telling you. Understand the difference?

Also, there is no evidence that Ford has already identified precisely which orders cannot be scheduled. They just know they can't build them all. The dealer memo that's the subject of this thread does not direct dealers to call their customers now and tell them their orders are rolled over to MY23. It says they can continue to wait and see if they can be scheduled.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a moving target. Given current world events, how optimistic are you that current supply constraints improve in the next six months? Because that's what it would take for Ford to build all the MY22 orders. I'd say the likelihood things actually get worse is higher than things significantly improving.
That is always the wild card! I have no insight into the supply line. But I assume their more realistic predictions for things not improving soon is what prompted this memo.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Point 3 in the letter from Ford is completion of the Customer Order Verification Process by the dealer. How can the customer verify that is done by the dealer? If the dealer didn’t, I doubt they would ‘fess up. The Maverick Marketing Team in Dearborn can only tell if this is marked as a retail order, and CANNOT determine if the COVP was completed by the dealer. THE CUSTOMER IS COMPLETELY IN THE DARK ABOUT IF THIS REQUIRED STEP WAS COMPLETED!
That’s one reason why the email was sent to dealers and not customers. We be mushrooms.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am confused, why then for scheduled orders (in production 2/10 but no built email) would my tracker delivery date change from 3/24 to 6/22? when the only option I had on list was SIBL? So to late to remove it? even though it may be built? Trying not to worry..LOL!
Yes, too late to remove/change anything. It could be waiting on SIBL? Or it could be on "hold" waiting for a chip? Our dealership has some F150s and Broncos on hold for chips and I know some Maverick's are too. From what I have heard, many of these are delivered earlier than that real late time.

But honestly, I don't pay much attention for the ETA for any of our in-stock or retail orders. Some show up way before they are supposed to (usually Escapes or Edges), and some are always late.

I think you are good! You will get your Maverick sometime! Mine is set to build a month from now.....no idea when I'll actually see it!

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I would agree you with, but every order placed for a Maverick is a guaranteed sale, if not to the person who ordered then to someone wanting one, so why should big dealerships get an allocation before a small dealership? The Maverick is sold no matter where it goes!
It’s not about the individual sale, but overall sales. Chapman Ford was able to give a discount of 4% under invoice because they are a very big dealer. They received a ton of orders. Big dealers give better deals which makes customers happier, they want to fulfill those dealers first so they can continue to get more overall sales.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just wanted to see what happened when you push the button! 😆 🤣 😂
I also think everyone pinging Ford has helped but Ford sent the email to the dealers and nothing - zero - zip to the customers.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

6 Co-Pilot360 w/o XLT or Lariat Luxury Package Remove Co-Pilot360

About a week ago, I contacted my salesman and asked if it would help to drop Co-Pilot 360. He said no, the only thing delaying my order is it's a hybrid. :unsure: :D

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is not true, I do not have a build week, but was able to switch my order from a Hot Pepper XLT AWD 360 to a Gray XL AWD 360 just yesterday, maintaining the 10 priority. I hope that keeping the 360 doesn't penalize me, and that changing the level (XLT to XL) doesnt put me at the end of the line. But the order "was accepted" by Ford according to my salesman.
Well, aren't you agreeing with what I said??? Your order was unscheduled. You don't have a build week. So you adjusted your order. The memo is about adjusting unscheduled orders.

If your order was scheduled/has a build week, you couldn't change. WBDO will tell you the order is locked. We had one of our employees want to remove an option on his F-150 so it could be built faster....the scheduled date was month's out, but they still wouldn't let him remove the option.

Changing from XLT to XL does probably put you back at the end of the line. Yes, keeping the 360 will delay your order. Your price/incentive protection status has probably also changed because you changed from XLT to XL. The order receipt date has now changed.

Sponsored

Dalestillwaiting

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 lariet
So am I correct in assuming that if my order was for a hybrid back in JUNE AND I have both the XLT Luxury package AND Ford Co-Pilot 360 then i don't technically have a combo that is constrained enough to exist in the list of suggested changes to existing, unscheduled orders, OTHER than the fact that it is a hybrid and those are the last out of the gate? Should I convert to a 2023 ANYWAY? Can I at this point?

I was told by my dealer that i wasnt able to change anything on my order (this was just Monday)
I ordered June 25th no dates or vin yet.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is crap. There are many people who ordered their Mavericks with or without add-ons (My Hybrid XL has no add ons except for a drop in bed liner) in June or July who have NO updates on their builds meanwhile many orders placed in August and after have received their trucks. I called Ford yesterday and talked to a very nice woman in the Mavericks support group and she said they (her colleagues) are receiving many complaints like mine that they know that trucks are being delivered to later orders and everyone there is asking management W*F is happening and management hasn't a clue.
I have a clue.... Ford is going to push those early orders to the end of the year hoping that people (I'm not one of them) will give up on this BS. I've seen posts that people are giving up and cancelling their orders and moving on to other vehicles. Ford screwed up and priced these vehicles too low and they are hoping the cancelled orders will work their way through to the dealers so they can sell them far above msrp. I know there is a chip shortage and Ford in their greed are sending those chips to finish F150s 250s 350s etc. with a much higher profit for Ford. But to disregard the people that put their $500 (that is not refundable in my case) down in June or July and give them nothing but an email about 3D printed items add ons is nonsense. Nothing as far as a build date after 8-9 months in is a case for a class action lawsuit in the making.
I mentioned to the Ford worker on the phone that the the least Ford can do for those of us who are more than likely not going to receive their trucks before the one year anniversary of our orders should NOT be charged the transportation charges that are added to the cost of the vehicles. She agreed that, that would be appropriate but she had no solution for me where to start my quest for this reduction of cost.
It was intimated that these trucks were going to arrive in the Fall of 2021 (it was in their advertising) and they knew it was a lie especially as it came to Hybrid trucks.
I would appreciate other opinions on this matter.
This.
With rationing come winners and losers. It's not random, profitable wins. The more incompetent things look, the more plausible deniability hangs there. My late July XL is decontented to floor mats ,hitch thing, and inside inverter for glaring example. Not scheduled.

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last week I got the scheduled email on my second Maverick. To be built week of 4-18.
2 weeks ago my first Maverick was scheduled for 4-04.
Seeing all this now coming from Ford concerns me as to if either of these actually get built.
Getting these pushed back would be OK if prices are locked. MY23 will have more bugs worked out.
With some of the reports of issues so far if I get these delivered, I may just sell for a profit and reorder in MY23.
Will have to keep waiting to see what actually happens.
Prepare for the worst but hope for the best......Still.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you drop the SIBL? I am curious how people are going to react to this new news. Removing things from their orders, holding strong at the risk of it being a 2023, etc.. I know I am sticking with what I ordered. Although my only constrained item is CoPilot.
I ordered a Maverick XLT hybrid on 10/13 with hard tri fold tonneau, spray in bed liner, full size spare, tow hitch. I emailed my salesman this morning to remove tonneau cover and spray in. I feel mid October order date might be too late to get scheduled. Tonneau and spray in can be added at dealer. When I ordered the Mav I did ask my salesman if tonneau and spray in would delay order because even back then Tim Bartz was saying they might be constrained. My salesman said don't worry about it :) I hope it helps to get scheduled
Follow up. Just got off the phone with my salesperson and he said no problem removing trifold and SIBL from my factory order and getting that done at the dealership. He said trifold would be same price but SIBL would probably be $100 more since it is done 3rd party. I have no problem with that if it finally gets me scheduled. He said they have enough allocations to fill all orders that they took. :)

Last edited:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See if your dealer will install a DIBL for the factory price. It gets them a sale and generates OEM revenue upon delivery from their service and parts sales.
Yeah that's what I should have done long, long ago. I was stubborn. Wanted it all to come directly from the factory finished with the Ford logo stamped in the bed.

Foolish me.
Sponsored