2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a 22 XL order, priority 1 with no VIN yet. Did talk to a person at Ford Customer Service and they gave me my special offer number and amount. Any guesses if it gets built or not .........and if it isn't built am I going to be able to roll it into a 23 order
No you got the private offer becsuse you aren't getting your 22. Get your 23 order in ASAP.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ya that sounds like good advice, I asked the dealer if Ford would leave me high and dry if they didn't build the 22, They assured me Ford would roll me into a 23 but I'm not taking that to the bank.
Ford will absolutely leave you high and dry. I almost wouldn't even go to the same dealer as they don't seem to know what's going on, but then you'd lose any priority you had. Make sure your dealer puts your 23 as a 10 or 11 and don't let them tell you Ford knows where you are in place because they don't.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well the way it seems you may be able to go to another dealer. Just have them set it at priority 10. Nothing I have seen seems to indicate rollovers are tied to a dealer. Ford has no process for rollovers other than the dealer set the priority codes.

Neville Longbottom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same experience. I ordered a 23 and then the dealer called me and said I was scheduled for November. He wanted to cancel the 23 order but with my luck the 22 will be a lemon.

Tice66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic, Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they gave you a special offer and haven't been scheduled yet, there's a 99.9% chance you aren't getting a 22. Put an a 23 order tomorrow if you want one since the order banks are closing. If by chance you get scheduled, you can always cancel the 23.
Took your advice and placed the order on the 23 today....thanks

Sjurgen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Spark, Toyota Prius, 1973 F100
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all! I ordered an XLT Lux Hybrid on Oct 30, 2021. I lost all hope of my truck being built this year, so last week I reached out to my dealer to inquire about submitting a ‘23 order. Much to my surprise, my dealer said that my truck was scheduled for the week of 10/17. I called Ford customer service last week, and they confirmed the 10/17 build week and provided my VIN. Today I called Ford for an update, and they said that my build week is now 10/24.

This got me wondering… will Ford actually produce every ‘22 Maverick which has a VIN assigned? My VIN ends in B03xxx, and I’ve seen other customers comment with B11xxx VINs. This means that Ford must intend to produce over 111,000 ‘22 Mavericks.

If we look at the numbers, Ford had built 86,939 ‘22 Mavericks by the end of August. In order to build 111k Mavericks, Ford would need to build about 10k/month up until Nov. 14th (the date which they are allegedly switching over to ‘23 production). Considering that Ford has yet to build 10k Mavericks in any given month, this sounds improbable.

So, can we actually depend on Ford building all of the ‘22 orders which have been assigned VINs? I keep reading more and more posts about ‘22 orders being pushed back, and it’s making me wonder if I should be submitting a ‘23 order as a contingency plan. However, I don’t think I’d be eligible for the “private offer” since I was already assigned a VIN.
Yes, if you got a VIN already, it’ll be a 22. They haven’t even started 23 production yet.
Sponsored