Sponsored

My dealer says my hybrid will not be built.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer I ordered through says Ford will stop making 2022 hybrids, even though I've placed an order with a deposit. The reason is due to Ford being unable to keep up with the amount ordered. According to the sales manager, I have 3 choices. Wait for the 2023's, switch to the 2.0, or cancel the order and get my deposit back. He has 9 other buyers to notify. I was the first to find out.

Has anyone else heard this? Everything I have seen contradicts this.

My order date is 9/20 for the XLT with Ford 360, XLT luxury. Iconic Silver, moonroof and sliding rear glass. Ordered from southern Indiana. No build date, yet.
My dealer did not require a down payment and, according to him, Ford announced that the cutoff date for ordering hybrids was 11/05/2021. So there might be something amiss. Call Ford and find out if your truck order is on the books (800-334-4375). Be prepared to be on hold, the last time I called I was on hold for an hour, but the lady that helped me was able to confirm the order. If you have the Ford Dealer # of the dealer you ordered it from, it will be helpful, if you don't, they can find it for you. You will also need the order# from your dealer. Good luck.
Sponsored

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer I ordered through says Ford will stop making 2022 hybrids, even though I've placed an order with a deposit. The reason is due to Ford being unable to keep up with the amount ordered. According to the sales manager, I have 3 choices. Wait for the 2023's, switch to the 2.0, or cancel the order and get my deposit back. He has 9 other buyers to notify. I was the first to find out.

My order date is 9/20 for the XLT with Ford 360, XLT luxury. Iconic Silver, moonroof and sliding rear glass. Ordered from southern Indiana. No build date, yet.
Did you receive your order confirmation email from Ford? If so you should be good to go. If not, the dealer probably did not submit the order. In either case I would let Ford customer service know.

RRJJINTN

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick lariat first edition awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Read this thread. Another guy was told the same thing as you and he called Ford themselves. Ultimately, the dealership lied to him (they said it was an honest mistake)... and it was fixed.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-engine-change-or-cancellation-of-order.5850/
I agree your in if the dealer actually placed your order before the November cut off,call ford customer service,

Here is the number someone gave him in the thread, so you can talk to FORD.

800-334-4375

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX

Well if you got canceled I surely will be. Basically same package ordered 11/17.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Name them

Sponsored

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My salesman told ano
ther customer that 2022 hybrids were closed and 2023 would start next summer
Any Hybrids ordered prior to November 15 will be delivered in 2022. Orders for 2023 Hybrids will resume this summer for the 2023 model year.
Sponsored