First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's because you're not Ford's customer, the dealership is, they are taking care of their customers, especially they're best customers who do the majority of their business.
I know we've had this discussion before and we both have gone back and forth on it and as much as I don't disagree with your statement, because you are in correct in that we are not buying directly from Ford therefore not a direct "customer", whereas the dealership is a direct customer since they are buying vehicles directly from Ford. HOWEVER, Ford is still concerned with their public imagine and negative press from all their "customers"; the millions of customers who drive their vehicles everyday.
Ford Maverick [Dealer Memo] Not all 2022 Mavericks will be built. Update on Maverick Retail Order Scheduling, Customer Options and Order Amendment Meme 220
Sponsored

gaylemercer

First Name
Gayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
They say they are here to help, so I'd love to see if they can answer that question. They suggested sending them a direct message, so maybe give that try and let us know what -- if anything -- they have to offer in the way of concrete information. My guess is it'll be a tall order to get a definitive answer out of them.
How do I send a direct message?

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In a few of Tim's videos he has mentioned that Ford cut off taking orders because they felt they reached the limit for hybrids and then later ecoboost orders. Now Ford is struggling with the fulfillment of all the orders with 360 packages because of the number of chips needed for the package coupled with more orders for that package than anticipated.
I agree with you that Ford shouldn't even consider building a single stock order for a dealer while there's retail orders still waiting to get built. With the books closed on taking orders, allocations shouldn't be a factor anymore, even though they still are, because every Maverick build will be sold to the person who ordered it or by the dealer where the person turned down their order. So why not concentrate on getting the older orders built instead of still using this unfair allocations system? Ford only knows!
I would take this one step farther and before it is shipped the buyer need to comit to the purchase - if not Ford goes to their database and finds someone with a similar order and offers it up at current MSRP. No way dealers should be left with these gems to sell at WAP. (Wild Ass Prices).

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks Delzona but can you post the complete email address or is that his user name on this forum?
If you go to the little envelope in the upper right corner click on it you can start a direct message with the Ford Motor Company media team. Type @Ford Motor Company for address, it's their username.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would take this one step farther and before it is shipped the buyer need to comit to the purchase - if not Ford goes to their database and finds someone with a similar order and offers it up at current MSRP. No way dealers should be left with these gems to sell at WAP. (Wild Ass Prices).
GREAT IDEA! Which Ford will never implement, because the dealers will scream bloody murder.