Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
INFORMATION
Action Requested - 22MY Maverick Hybrid Order Cancellations - Follow Up

ACTION REQUESTED
  • Please be aware that 22MY Maverick Hybrid orders with a scheduled production date after November 25th should be considered part of the Maverick order cancellation process – the plan is to automatically transition these orders 22MY orders to 23MY on the dealer’s behalf
  • Before Ford can automatically transition these orders, dealers must change the Order Number of any new 23MY orders currently in the dealer’s order bank that have the same Order Number as the 22MY order that is planned to be transitioned to their 23MY order bank
  • Upon order transition, confirm order content due to changes in 23MY offering
  • Change the priority code from the default 99 priority code once completed so that Ford can prioritize and “02” the customer’s order
  • Review the Maverick Model Year Transition Private Offer for affected customers with 22MY retail orders that were cancelled and transitioned to 23MY
SUMMARY
As noted in a prior communication, certain scheduled 22MY Maverick Hybrid Orders will need to be cancelled due to a balance out supplier shortage. Any 22MY Maverick orders that are showing as scheduled for production after November 25th should be considered to be part of this 22MY to 23MY transition and cancellation program.
We will be transitioning these cancelled orders to 23MY over the course of the next 2-3 weeks but require the dealers support to ensure that there are not duplicate order numbers already in their order bank. If there are new 23MY orders that have a duplicate order number to those orders that are being transitioned from 22MY to 23MY, the dealer will need to revise the new 23MY order by November 9th.

Ford Maverick OFFICIAL MEMO: 2022 Maverick Hybrid order cancellations and automatic transition to 2023MY Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 1.52.17 PM

Orders transitioned from 22MY to 23MY will be placed at a 99 priority code. Please ensure the 23MY order is accurate and contains all of the desired options given changes in the 23MY offering strategy (see below). Once complete please remove the default 99 priority code as this will signal that the customer’s order is ready to be prioritized with an 02 priority code.

Ford Maverick OFFICIAL MEMO: 2022 Maverick Hybrid order cancellations and automatic transition to 2023MY Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 3.09.12 PM

MAVERICK MODEL YEAR TRANSITION PRIVATE OFFER FOR CANCELLED ORDERS
To support customers who are affected by the cancellation of their 22MY Maverick Hybrid order, we will be providing the same $2,750 private offer as was announced in EFC10955 toward the purchase of their 23MY Maverick order. More details on the extension and customer eligibility for the 23MY Maverick Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer Program (#38560) will be shared in the coming days.

TIMELINE AND KEY DATES
  • November 9th: Ensure that all new 23MY orders have unique order code relative to the affected 22MY Maverick Hybrid orders that are being carried over to 23MY
  • November 30th: Once these orders have been transferred to 23MY, dealers must complete order updates and change the 99 priority code by November 30th

Memo Screenshots:

Ford Maverick OFFICIAL MEMO: 2022 Maverick Hybrid order cancellations and automatic transition to 2023MY 1667248578322

Ford Maverick OFFICIAL MEMO: 2022 Maverick Hybrid order cancellations and automatic transition to 2023MY 1667248603297

UPDATE ON PRICING!

Ford Maverick OFFICIAL MEMO: 2022 Maverick Hybrid order cancellations and automatic transition to 2023MY 1667406969385
Sponsored

Last edited:

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmmm. Relying on dealers to correct possible duplicate order numbers? What could possibly go wrong.
well you could do that, or go proactive, your choice

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It doesn't say anything about adding or changing options though. I want to drop by black wheels and add the BAP to mine.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm. Relying on dealers to correct possible duplicate order numbers? What could possibly go wrong.
Apparently some dealers use order numbers for each year similar to salesman initial followed by actual number sold in this year. Think J001 for 2022 and starting over J001 for 2023. So maybe duplicate numbers could happen if a 2022 was carried over to 2023 production.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if understood correctly ford wont do the duplication of the orders until november 9th and then ot needs to be reconfirmed with your dealer(changed from 99 to 10) adn then ford will prioritze as a number 2? this means this week and the next two weeks after will not be able to get any rollover vin scheduled which kind of sucks. unless a dealer is able to somehow get the orders rolled before the 9th

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, do you want Ford to change the dealer-specified order number on the dealer's behalf?

Order # scheme is determined by the dealer.

If a dealer has a MY22 Maverick order with a build date after Nov 25, and a MY23 Maverick order with that same order number, that creates a conflict when creates the replacement MY23 order. Can't have two orders with the same order number for the same dealer, they need to be unique.

So, Ford is simply saying, hey, if you reused one of these order numbers, change it.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It doesn't say anything about adding or changing options though. I want to drop by black wheels and add the BAP to mine.
I think that that would be ok. It does mention some of the packages that may be different... so some changing options are implied.
Not sure about "major" changes like engine or trim level. If I had a customer asking about those changes, I would get in contact with someone @ Ford first.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's just a new 2023 order. They're going to start off with it as close to the affected 2022 order as possible, but like any other order, you're free to make changes to colors and packages until it's scheduled.

Note that unless they specifically allow it due to this process, you won't be able to switch between trims (e.g. XLT to Lariat) or make powertrain changes (e.g. Hybrid to EcoBoost, let alone Tremor). Technically some were able to make those changes unofficially but it might keep your order from getting scheduled.

Sponsored

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm reading this that a different customer may have the same order number, but MY23 specific. If that's the case, Ford can't successfully move MY22 scheduled orders with VIN's to MY23.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this is all an elaborate joke that Ford is spending a year and a half setting up. Can't wait to join in the laughter.

campngolf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cmax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, Ford is simply saying, hey, if you reused one of these order numbers, change it.
And this is where I see the glitch happening for some folks, unfortunately. In addition to the dealers who couldn't order a Maverick correctly in the first place, there will now be another group of dealers who won't be organized/competent enough to go back in the system and fix orders with duplicate numbers.

I could be totally off the mark, but I've read too many posts about "dealer never ordered, dealer didn't COVP, dealer lost my order" to feel confident this won't get botched to some degree. I hope not cause I want to see us all get our Mavericks.

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That didnt help much Just talked to my dealer and was told that I was locked in but it was going to be a 22 Makes no sense, but as we know it could change Also told I had a delivery date at the end of January.. Go figure
Sponsored