Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to my dealer today, to make sure they were "up" on all the rollover info. Salesman sat me down at a table while he went in to check with someone who handles orders. He comes back out with someone else's Window sticker and I can see the big 25MPG on it, so I know he doesn't remember our discussions. I can't have a Window sticker as a cancelling 2022 order, and this WS is for an Ecoboost. He starts out with "your truck is in Colorado...." I replied, no, its not, and that isn't my window sticker.

Not a good start. Then I was able to hand him the 2 page Ford memo and the follow up for his return trip into the office. This time, he came back and said the order person had seen it, and told me my order was rolling over to a 2023. No lie...we've emailed about this a couple of times. At least he told me they cannot do anything to my 2022 order...and I assured him that I absolutely did not want him to do anything to it. So at least that part should be good.

I got him to AGAIN verify that they did not sell any 2023 Mavericks, so there wouldn't be an order number conflict. They had a grand total of 6 Maverick orders in 2022. Told him again that I wanted to know as soon as Ford changed my order to a 2023 with a Priority 99, so I could make changes. I am hoping that @Ford Motor Company will actually send out customer emails once the 2023 order is established with the 99 priority so I can know when to go see them again.

Buying a truck should not be this hard.
If the dealership knows how to access the FMC bulletins, digest the material and inform al affected employees with frequent followup Q&A's no new developments will fall through the cracks. This is elementary leadership that I've successfully implemented in the past. YMMV
Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is it that Tim Bartz (fordvideoguy) has no problem keeping up with the Ford Maverick memos? Don't Ford sales people have any pride?
I second this. fmcdealer.com Click on Message Center and all Ford and Lincoln memos are dated.

If I was a sales person it would be my morning coffee reading material. If I had questions I'd ask a manager and follow up until they did their job and answered my question. @fordvideoguy is interested in selling vehicles. I can't speak to the motivation level of other dealers.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I second this. fmcdealer.com Click on Message Center and all Ford and Lincoln memos are dated.

If I was a sales person it would be my morning coffee reading material. If I had questions I'd ask a manager and follow up until they did their job and answered my question. @fordvideoguy is interested in selling vehicles. I can't speak to the motivation level of other dealers.
If they come up with an AWD PHEV Maverick in the next few years, I'll be contacting Tim. Absolutely.

Reasonate

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer says, good news, lol. You're getting a model year 2023 in January.

Last I heard it was scheduled build date 8/29 (original order confirmation date 11/2/21).

I asked about the MY transition private offer and the response is, "Ford has a special program for you guys they let me know when we get the car".

You guys 🤣 he says. I'm glad I have all you guys on this forum to commiserate with.

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone contact ford to see if they now have a 23 order yet?

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmmm. Relying on dealers to correct possible duplicate order numbers? What could possibly go wrong.
Well….. they could change the order number of the 22 rollover like they did mine. My order number was R644 they changed it to 644R. Ford now thinks that my 14 month old order is a new order. So instead of being a priority 02 I am a 10. So I won’t get scheduled now for months. That is what the fuck can go wrong!
Sponsored