First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well 500 miles in my Maverick developed the infamous dash/windshield rattle. At first it was bearable with the radio on but has gotten progressively worse. Taking it in to the dealer Thursday. Hoping they will be able to fix it, but sounds like this is the first time they'll be experiencing this issue
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Well 500 miles in my Maverick developed the infamous dash/windshield rattle. At first it was bearable with the radio on but has gotten progressively worse. Taking it in to the dealer Thursday. Hoping they will be able to fix it, but sounds like this is the first time they'll be experiencing this issue
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be watching this thread hoping for more information as events unfold because my Lariat has developed a dash rattle as well.
Thanks

OP
OP

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be watching this thread hoping for more information as events unfold because my Lariat has developed a dash rattle as well.
Thanks
Picked up my truck today. The service center removed trim around the windshield and checked for spacers that might be causing the noise but found none. They reinstalled the trim and didn't notice the noise afterwards. However driving home I still hear the tapping sound. Debating on whether it's worth going another 2 days without my truck to bring it back in or just learn to live with it.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Picked up my truck today. The service center removed trim around the windshield and checked for spacers that might be causing the noise but found none. They reinstalled the trim and didn't notice the noise afterwards. However driving home I still hear the tapping sound. Debating on whether it's worth going another 2 days without my truck to bring it back in or just learn to live with it.
I've been living with it for a year and it has absolutely soured me on the ownership experience.

It's going into the dealer again on Monday for the 17th time since April of last year.

I suggest you continue pushing the dealer and Ford to find a resolution for you.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just learn to live with it. Could be anything. Mine developed it around 1k miles… Not worth the dealership ripping apart your truck multiple times not to fix the issue. It’s not as bad as my old 07 mustang gt. I had to hit the dash multiple times hard to stop it form rattling. I even stuffed paper towels in it. Still didn’t help…

OP
OP

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just learn to live with it. Could be anything. Mine developed it around 1k miles… Not worth the dealership ripping apart your truck multiple times not to fix the issue. It’s not as bad as my old 07 mustang gt. I had to hit the dash multiple times hard to stop it form rattling. I even stuffed paper towels in it. Still didn’t help…
In an old car quirks are charming and give character. In a new vehicle they are just annoying

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would something like this do the trick?

Just unload an entire can and hope for the best!

Ford Maverick Dash/windshield rattle 61CDQw9+aUL._SL1500_

OP
OP

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would something like this do the trick?

Just unload an entire can and hope for the best!

61CDQw9+aUL._SL1500_.jpg
maybe but I assume it would wear off? Definitely not ideal for a less than 1 month old vehicle

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have State farm or other insurance with $100 glass deductible, a mysteriously cracked windshield will get replaced by Safelite and the rattle goes away.

If it sounds anything like mine did. It's definitely not something you can live with.
Fortunately I had a rock cracked my windshield and it was replaced by Safelite, no more rattle after that.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zxPTvuPF9uW93j3N6

Last edited:
Sponsored

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I encountered that problem. I found the exterior plastic cowling just aft of the hood where it meets the windshield was misfit. I had to press down and smooth out the fit to get rid of the buzz/rattle.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, just between the windshield and trim you mean?
I'm experimenting. Between the base of the windshield and plastic dash is one spot. The idea is to create some extra tension on the plastic that stabilizes it and keeps it from resonating.

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine isn't rattling against the dash. Mine sounds exactly like my Ram did in (only) cold weather. It's the plastic guide pins/spacers when they first install the windshield. I'm not having the dealer mess with it. They'll just cause more rattles. I may try removing the cowl this summer. Someone got rid of the rattle by spraying silicone spray between the dash and windshield. I would think you'd have to re-apply often. Other got rid of it when replacing windshield -- which may be a matter of time (upright angle proned to rock chips).
Sponsored