First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the Customer Service at Ford told me the order, drivers license and deposit (if required) is with the order. No drivers license, no a verified order. Evidently dealers were trying to order as retail to get trucks.
Okay cool, thanks for the info, I'm glad to be included in those numbers then!
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the Customer Service at Ford told me the order, drivers license and deposit (if required) is with the order. No drivers license, no a verified order. Evidently dealers were trying to order as retail to get trucks.
I was wondering if any of the dealers tried to order Mavs as retails, but in reality were ordering them for the dealership. Hmm

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
I placed an order (Lariat hybrid) with a dealership 4 hours away from me because the local dealers were all just a major turn-off. My order was taken and submitted with no deposit, no DL verification, nothing. The GM I was dealing with is a very good friend of my cousin so I'm assuming he let those little details slide, and he already made an offer on my trade-in without seeing it first.

Also, I had the drop-in bed liner selected because it was the cheapest option, but he offered me the spray-in for a comparable price and said they do it at the dealership, so hopefully that doesn't contribute to the delay.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All from his allocation, not all orders

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I actually was told by my dealer that my driver’s license wasn’t necessary. I got an email confirmation the same day I reserved and ordered.

Sponsored

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's some important news and notes on the Maverick for August. As a reminder we are selling the Maverick at 3% below Invoice for any retail order.
  • The Hybrid engine is limited to 35% of August/September/October production for the Maverick
    • The long-term production of 2022 model year will be a 40% mix of Hybrid
    • Currently 100% of hybrid engines will go to fulfill customer orders.
  • Demand - There are currently 2 months of verified retail orders for Mavericks in the system.
  • Dealer Allocation - Dealers will be allocated 60% retail and 40% stock orders. This will go until the pent up Retail orders are exhausted.
  • Possible Constraints - Spray-in Bedliner is being demanded more often than anticipated. 70% of orders in the system are currently showing a spray in bedliner.
-Zach
Ford announced on an earnings call that they have 80k orders. If that represents 2 months of retail sales orders, then Ford must be planning on building a half a million of these.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford announced on an earnings call that they have 80k orders. If that represents 2 months of retail sales orders, then Ford must be planning on building a half a million of these.
The announcement was 80,000 reservations, not orders. Most likely the actual orders are somewhere around 50,000 orders.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an ORDER CONFIRMED email dated 6/10/21 10:30am that states my order is confirmed (cash deposit left at dealer). it is a HYBRID, XLT, 360, trailer hitch, cactus gray....no other options....I'm HOPING I will be emailed soon with a VIN number....

rich.felton

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Here's some important news and notes on the Maverick for August. As a reminder we are selling the Maverick at 3% below Invoice for any retail order.
  • The Hybrid engine is limited to 35% of August/September/October production for the Maverick
    • The long-term production of 2022 model year will be a 40% mix of Hybrid
    • Currently 100% of hybrid engines will go to fulfill customer orders.
  • Demand - There are currently 2 months of verified retail orders for Mavericks in the system.
  • Dealer Allocation - Dealers will be allocated 60% retail and 40% stock orders. This will go until the pent up Retail orders are exhausted.
  • Possible Constraints - Spray-in Bedliner is being demanded more often than anticipated. 70% of orders in the system are currently showing a spray in bedliner.
-Zach
please send me your contact information to order....

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
please send me your contact information to order....
Richard, I'm sure they are closed. But the info you are requesting is in this thread on this forum
3% Below Invoice on Ford Maverick at Granger Ford

I believe Zach says send your orders to them in one post. Then there is another post where Zach gives another name and email address for orders. But I'm sure you'll get what you need here.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The announcement was 80,000 reservations, not orders. Most likely the actual orders are somewhere around 50,000 orders.
That would mean production of 300k. Toyota has never sold that many Tacomas in a year. On another note, I visited the Ford dealer in seaside today and they only have 8 cars and trucks on the lot.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, that's is absolutely the case. They spoke of potentially adding it as a standalone option instead.
I ordered spray in on my XL. Had I known it’d be a delay, I’d have ordered it without and gone to line x. But whatever, I can wait.

LongView

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2014 RAV4 EV, 2019 Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is probably what Ford planned for because of how the data came back from their focus groups. Generally early adopters will be a little richer on content ordered then dealer stock units down the road.

I am not quite sure yet. We'll find out this upcoming week or so. This week we scheduled out all but one from our allocation on retails. We have 1 more retail order to schedule this week which would be a scheduling clean up week.

The next round of scheduling will most likely be after the first round. So the 20th or possibly later depending on their timeline.
Hi Zach,
Thank you for sharing what you know. Would you mind clarifying what control you have over scheduling? I'm out in CA and got an order confirmation back in June, so I believe I've done all I can do, but my dealer acts like they don't have any influence. They make it sound like we (they and me) are both just waiting to hear from Ford. Your statements above make it sound like you're more active in the process.

Thanks in advance for shedding any light.

Cheers!
Andy
Sponsored